Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50

which weapon?

title

GC spear (limsa)
    garuda
    ifrit
    mog

which is the superior spear, and what would be stat caps to aim for with it?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adahna Serafi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80
    Ifrit is pretty much useless trash now. I'd edit that out of your list if I were you.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Narctiss Telraki
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I'm personally running with the GC (Limsa too!) spear right now, using the Tunic, Earrings, Bracelet, Belt and Trident itself for the 5 set piece bonus for +30atk.
    I don't have Garuda's Beak, yet if I did I would probably alternate between the two of those depending on the mobs/situation.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Frein Mannis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    The thumb rule is to pick the weapon with the highest DPS, which for LNC/DRG is Garuda's Beak if relics are not included. Second Place goes to the highest ranking GC weapon.
    (2)

Player

Gae Bolg > Storm Lieutenant's Trident > Garuda Beak >
    (2)
    How Durandal Rolls
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterityJones View Post
    as a monk you can find the hole and fill it with a fist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    Bow Chica Bow-Wow...

Player
    Character
    Silvano Conri
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Looking at DPS and Base Damage (influences auto-attack, does more damage to end-game fights than you think ^_~), the Ifrit's Harpoon is bested by the Sergeant Spear if you have the Atk Power Sanction, and the Lieutenant's Spears are above those, *assuming* you have the 5-piece bonus or the Flame Spear which has the attack power pre-bonus.

Factoring in Auto-attack and jump damage:

Lieutenant's Spear > Garuda > Sergeant/Ifrit

Sergeant offered up a 21.75% increase in WS damage, but add auto-attack and jump into that equation, and Ifrit's is 22% more damage output. I was too lazy to get exactly 7.8%, but I feel 7.1 is close enough for me xD.

My Studies
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Krausus Dracul
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvano View Post
    Looking at DPS and Base Damage (influences auto-attack, does more damage to end-game fights than you think ^_~), the Ifrit's Harpoon is bested by the Sergeant Spear if you have the Atk Power Sanction, and the Lieutenant's Spears are above those, *assuming* you have the 5-piece bonus or the Flame Spear which has the attack power pre-bonus.

Factoring in Auto-attack and jump damage:

Lieutenant's Spear > Garuda > Sergeant/Ifrit

Sergeant offered up a 21.75% increase in WS damage, but add auto-attack and jump into that equation, and Ifrit's is 22% more damage output. I was too lazy to get exactly 7.8%, but I feel 7.1 is close enough for me xD.

My Studies
    "(unless you are a Flamer and your lieutenant spear has Attack Power and a higher Base Damage on it by default…YOU [assholes] have the best spear in-game next to Garuda/Relic)"

lol dont know why that line made me lol so much but it did >< we may have the better spear but our lieutenants armor is mage heavy
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lin Celistine
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Hmm. Being Gridanian I don't think there is a set combination that actually merits the loss of stats required to get the added bonus on the high rank spear, any tips in that department?

I should ask, what constitutes a piece that meets that requirement, any Grand Company equipment or only one with a set passive?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mariya Shidou
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrist View Post
    Hmm. Being Gridanian I don't think there is a set combination that actually merits the loss of stats required to get the added bonus on the high rank spear, any tips in that department?

I should ask, what constitutes a piece that meets that requirement, any Grand Company equipment or only one with a set passive?
    You're kidding?

Lieutenant Overcoat, Lieutenant Hat, Choker and one random piece. I would say Bracelet because you might lose -4 STR OR PIE (assume you use HQ Bracelet) but in return you get +45 Hp and +25 ATK from the spear. That's the set I'm running with and the Crit damage is HUGE. Any piece from Grand Company (Green) will meet the requirement.

The weapon is largely dependent on your clothes. If you got full DL, use Garuda. If you got plenty of good GC pieces along with good melded pieces, use Lieutenant.
    (0)
    Last edited by MariyaShidou; 07-03-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Player
    Character
    Mementus Veventus
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrist View Post

I'll lend you my experience on this as i bought the spear tabard bracelets choker and the belt only to find when i bought the Gridanian Officer's Cap that i could have not wasted my seals on the belt because it counts towards the 5 piece requirement. So i guess any gear bought with seals at the adders nest thats unique/untradeable counts as serpent gear even if it isnt there in the name.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alaltus; 07-03-2012 at 10:06 AM.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast