Player
    Character
    Johon Zei
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 32

Binomial Nomenclature and /tell /target commands

Must we have two names? Aside from aesthetics, I don't see the function. Having only one name makes it faster to /tell, /target, etc. It is probably too late to change this now but...

Perhaps, they could reduce the text input requirements of the /tell and /target command.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Neorei Dawnbreaker
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    so people won't get upset when the name Sephiroth is taken in their server.
    (16)

Hero of Carpe Diem Linkshell

http://hero.guildwork.com/

always looking for good people.

Player
    If you want just an improper name, by all means I don't care anymore. But don't tell me I should not be allowed to have a proper name, period.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Larek Darkholme
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    I like having First Name and Last Name in this game but they should to a tell by clicking on the character you wanna talk to as well. Such a pain...
    (10)

Larek Darkholme @ Ragnarok

5. 06-29-2012 01:34 PM

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hysterior View Post
    I like having First Name and Last Name in this game but they should to a tell by clicking on the character you wanna talk to as well. Such a pain...
    /t <t>

10char

... er, nvm see above.
    (0)

Greetings,

Once again, sorry for the ogre bump. We understand that having two names can make sending /tells difficult at times. Therefore, when it comes to sending tells in A Realm Reborn, we are planning to have two different methods; typing out the player's name and a method that doesn't involve having to type their name. While things have yet to be finalized, we are looking into possibilities such as a feature where you can just click on the player's name in the chat log to send them a tell.

Once we hear some more concrete information we will be sure to pass it along.
    (61)
    Okipuit - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings,

Once again, sorry for the ogre bump. We understand that having two names can make sending /tells difficult at times. Therefore, when it comes to sending tells in A Realm Reborn, we are planning to have two different methods; typing out the player's name and a method that doesn't involve having to type their name. While things have yet to be finalized, we are looking into possibilities such as a feature where you can just click on the player's name in the chat log to send them a tell.

Is there a possibility of having a expand chat hotkey? Like in FFXI you could fullscreen your chat for quick reads.

That would make reading city chat and trades so breezy in conjunction with the click to talk plan you guys got going on...

(Or maybe do you think its possible there would be a UI addon that could do that sort of hotkey... :P)

Either way good news, I love chat click options - life made a lot easier >.< lol.

"Invite... um... let me check"

"Imsoawesomecause Ipiclongestnamepossibru"
    (3)

Character
    Andrien Bellcross
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Greetings,

Yes to this.

edit: I'll also include a feature to party invite, block list, and add to friend list from the chat log too.
    (3)
    Last edited by Andrien; 01-16-2013 at 06:29 AM.

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Greetings,

Sounds like a great idea to me! but then my name won't act as unnecessary tell repellent....
    (2)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast