Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings,

Once again, sorry for the ogre bump. We understand that having two names can make sending /tells difficult at times. Therefore, when it comes to sending tells in A Realm Reborn, we are planning to have two different methods; typing out the player's name and a method that doesn't involve having to type their name. While things have yet to be finalized, we are looking into possibilities such as a feature where you can just click on the player's name in the chat log to send them a tell.

Once we hear some more concrete information we will be sure to pass it along.
    Is there a possibility of having a expand chat hotkey? Like in FFXI you could fullscreen your chat for quick reads.

That would make reading city chat and trades so breezy in conjunction with the click to talk plan you guys got going on...

(Or maybe do you think its possible there would be a UI addon that could do that sort of hotkey... :P)

Either way good news, I love chat click options - life made a lot easier >.< lol.

"Invite... um... let me check"

"Imsoawesomecause Ipiclongestnamepossibru"
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Sending tells and inviting people was troublesome typing out some long name with 2 names in it. Why not just switch everyone to 1 name in 2.0?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Sending tells and inviting people was troublesome typing out some long name with 2 names in it. Why not just switch everyone to 1 name in 2.0?
    Because everyone like the two name thing as long as your last name is different you can have loads of zumi in one world people may like your name just as they may like mines so they still can use it. Also not a big deal to have two names i like the idea of having loads of my real life friends come together and have same last name or something dumb like that maybe some people would do that.

back to the dev post they may look into doing so? it seem with all this unsure if they can do this or that make me wonder how good the coding/engine really is if they not sure they can do something like change your name at 2.0 or something simple as clicking someone name to /tell it may be hard to code or w/e but it's a simple thing every mmo have.
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Character
    Andrien Bellcross
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Greetings,

Once again, sorry for the ogre bump. We understand that having two names can make sending /tells difficult at times. Therefore, when it comes to sending tells in A Realm Reborn, we are planning to have two different methods; typing out the player's name and a method that doesn't involve having to type their name. While things have yet to be finalized, we are looking into possibilities such as a feature where you can just click on the player's name in the chat log to send them a tell.

Yes to this.

edit: I'll also include a feature to party invite, block list, and add to friend list from the chat log too.
    (3)
    Last edited by Andrien; 01-16-2013 at 06:29 AM.

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Greetings,

Sounds like a great idea to me! but then my name won't act as unnecessary tell repellent....
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Dragonheart Lux
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Greetings,

Once we hear some more concrete information
    we will be sure to pass it along.
    OMG like every mmo from 10 years ago till now does??! Incredible! I hope that "right click" on chat names will work too, to invite, trade, etc.

Things not finalized.. looking into possibilities... Meh.
    Sometimes devs comment are funny imho, they make a standard and simple feature like this, sounds like they made a technical and hard to implement miracle that only FFXIV will have.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragonheart; 01-16-2013 at 07:47 AM.

Player
    Character
    Loony Bob
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    I love the idea of name clicking, although I think I'd prefer it if it was a case of double clicking starts a tell rather than single clicking.
    (0)
    doop doop

Player
    Character
    Doctor Mog
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart View Post
    OMG like every mmo from 10 years ago till now does??! Incredible! I hope that "right click" on chat names will work too, to invite, trade, etc.
    An interactive chat is a must. Right click player names for
    /tell
    /invite
    /oust
    /add to friend list
    /ignore
    /change text color
    /inspect
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Dragonheart Lux
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorMog View Post
    An interactive chat is a must. Right click player names for
    /tell
    /invite
    /oust
    /add to friend list
    /ignore
    /change text color
    /inspect
    I know, it's such a common standard even in the worst of f2p. But idk why, but everytime that the dev team add a common feature to the game (even a simple thing like this) ,
    it seems like they made a miracle!

We are working hard, ps3 memory limitation, it's hard to implement and, we'll try after the release and so on... If JP developers are not used to mmo's (even if yoshi constricted them to play western MMOs) , just engage some western developers...

If some of blizzard team, arenanet, trion etc, reads comment like "we are implementing click on name to chat feature" , they can only laugh hard...
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragonheart; 01-16-2013 at 08:00 AM.

Player
    Character
    Aela Delphi
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Going back to the OP, having just one name, yet allowing for spaces in the name would help with this problem as well. This way, if you WANT a first/last name, you can. But if you really really REALLY want a single name that is an option as well.

The reason (i suspect) FFXIV gave first/last combos it is keeps from severely limiting the name options. For example, The Secret World has unique "nick"names.. in addition to your first/last. The nick-name is the /tell name. However, by offering unique names across a single server infrastructure, it has become increasingly difficult to find a viable name option. If games allowed for 'spaces' it would help remove some of this issue (without forcing a surname on the player-base)
    (0)
    Aela Delphi, Co-Leader of Ohana Free Company
    Co-Admin of EorzeaReborn.com
    Follow us on twitter @EorzeaReborn

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast