Player
    Character
    Mitty Tsuyoi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50

market ward semi-monthly reset?

i think this came up before, but was more of a response rather as a topic. does anyone actually check other mercentile houses if they are selling anything cheaper than what is sold in uldah mercentile houses?

back then i was happy after updates cause it resets the wards with no retainers and i get to call my retainer, now it doesnt.

in the past 2 weeks, i log on everynight just to see if i can dispatch my retainers to a ward in uldah to increase my chances of selling gears i made in the uldah ( even it being cheaper than what others are selling ), but no luck, even after update.

i mean, i am always up for universal wards, but if thats not possible, how about bringing back the good ol' "oh market ward server crashed " or "update happend, no retainers" and re-despatch your retainers.

im open for opinions on what do you think how this should be handle. for the time being im just leaving my retainers in other city's wards and doing leves as means of making gil
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    It needs to be much more frequent than half a month or even once a week.

I would suggest resetting retainers after 72 hours of activity, its really quite sad that after 2-3 weeks I still can't get a spot in Ul'dahs marketwards.

My second suggestion which I made a thread about is making retainer placement completely random, for example I select dispatch retainer to Masons ward and it sends it to any of the 3 cities mason wards.

This shouldn't be hard to do and will spread retainers out and encourage players to check other cities wards besides just Ul'dah.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zalim Ramuh
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 50
    I agree with all of your guys' frustration. I am in the same boat and have to use the market stands to do business. Unfortunately if you think of the affects a reset might cause on the market. I think it would be detrimental to the market if the resets occurred a lot. I imagine all the items that would be missing after every reset. I kinda think it would suck to have to wait for players to re-add their retainers just so I can buy stuff. To be honest, I would rather force the issue of increasing the size of the market wards so everyone can just throw it in uldah. Nobody checks the other city markets... SE just needs to help the flow, not try to redirect it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Don't think they can increase the size of the marketwards without causing server issues, surely they would have done this already if that were the case, who knows though.

Making twice as many market wards could work though.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Jinko View Post

My second suggestion which I made a thread about is making retainer placement completely random, for example I select dispatch retainer to Masons ward and it sends it to any of the 3 cities mason wards.

This shouldn't be hard to do and will spread retainers out and encourage players to check other cities wards besides just Ul'dah.
    I like that idea! (^_^)b Good way to encourage folks to check other cities.
    (0)

Will You Marry Me Camate? :3

Player
    Character
    Attackat Muaddib
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitty_Tsuyoi View Post
    i mean, i am always up for universal wards, but if thats not possible, how about bringing back the good ol' "oh market ward server crashed " or "update happend, no retainers" and re-despatch your retainers.
    Why do we even need a graphical display of the retainers?!? So they can cause server lag and create all these limited market "resources" issues??

Give us a simple auction house with a plain global listing, and REMOVE ALL these useless graphical displays and we will not have 99% of these limited resources issues that currently exist with the market system.

jc
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by AttacKat View Post
    Why do we even need a graphical display of the retainers?!? So they can cause server lag and create all these limited market "resources" issues??

Give us a simple auction house with a plain global listing, and REMOVE ALL these useless graphical displays and we will not have 99% of these limited resources issues that currently exist with the market system.

jc
    But then I would not be able to dress up my retainer in things I do not intend to sell and waste a spot in the market wards
    (0)

Player

+1 for global listing.The idea of 3 AH instead of 1 is not so good.And why the heck we have to fight over limited market slots....For what its worth,at least they should limit the Ul'dah slots even more than the other cities,to push people into the other markets.
    (0)