Player
    Character
    Sinthral Darkgal
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

Feedback for ARC and BRD?

Curious on what people think about the archer and bard classes? I haven't played them much myself, so was curious on the feedback about everything, such as skills, equipment, gameplay, etc.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deepening Shadow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Really love BRD myself! Being so important as far as support but also being challenged to put out as much DPS as possible at the same time, but also having those healing abilities when something happens and extra help is needed, it's a really fun class.

The recast timers on your WSs are the longest of all the DoW, so your Light Shot usage is extremely important. Unfortunately, with a recent hotfix your Light Shot recast is gonna be reset every time you use a WS so getting a bow with a really low delay but good DPS helps (Garuda's Bow is great).

Gear is... well, AF is really important because it offers enhancements to your songs depending on what piece you're wearing, and you have to put your own needs for gear on the back-burners because it's better to give 6 BLMs more MP to do more damage altogether than to have your piety capped on your body, right? So make sure to seriously consider what songs you're going to be using and to wear appropriate AF. Other than that though, even with full AF reaching stat caps is pretty easy, so you can get away with little to no gear customization on this job, which is my only real issue right now.

The Light Shot fix kind of crippled your DPS a bit, so even after getting extremely good pieces you're not going to be showing any great or comparable numbers to other DPS jobs. Corselet or other TP gain gear is extremely good though because it makes it easier to manage your WS cooldowns, so if you get a Corselet use it.

I hope that helps!
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Leoheart Azurium
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Or you can gear swap pieces out for songs, only need to do it every 3 minutes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deepening Shadow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Leoheart View Post
    Or you can gear swap pieces out for songs, only need to do it every 3 minutes.
    There aren't really many pieces you can swap out that are a great enough DPS increase to justify 10 seconds of blinking in game. I would only swap out pieces if you can do it before a fight or during a long animation/cutscene that's part of it. Otherwise I'd avoid the trouble ;/
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leoheart Azurium
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFatHousecat View Post
    There aren't really many pieces you can swap out that are a great enough DPS increase to justify 10 seconds of blinking in game. I would only swap out pieces if you can do it before a fight or during a long animation/cutscene that's part of it. Otherwise I'd avoid the trouble ;/
    Well, the idea is to do it outside of fights mainly, this way you can maintain capped stats in fights.

CC-AV, plenty of opportunities to do this.

For garuda, you can do it when you enter and before Aerial blast
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deepening Shadow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Leoheart View Post
    Well, the idea is to do it outside of fights mainly, this way you can maintain capped stats in fights.

CC-AV, plenty of opportunities to do this.

For garuda, you can do it when you enter and before Aerial blast
    Yep :3

I don't swap for Garuda because during the Aerial Blast I'm too busy prepping Stoneskin and stuff, but I swap often during AV/CC.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mikita Nightsong
    World
    Anima
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakre View Post
    Curious on what people think about the archer and bard classes? I haven't played them much myself, so was curious on the feedback about everything, such as skills, equipment, gameplay, etc.
    To me playing Archer or Bard is a lot of fun but involves a lot more button pushing than other classes/jobs. I personally like this (I use a gamepad), but I know a lot of people don't like pressing 1-1-1-1-2-3-4-1-1-1-1-1-2-3-1-1-1-1

Soloing can be a bit troublesome because you need to be 8 yalms away from your target in order to initiate any WS combo, so it often involves some running around as well. But when you build up TP, you can engage enemies from a distance, fire off combos in succession, and take them down before they can even get close to you.

In parties it is still largely a support/DD role with some good buffing and a little healing capabilities.

Best to try it out for yourself and see if you like it as well. ^^
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dort Helper
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 60
    Bard songs really need a unique casting animation.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Leoheart Azurium
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonydort View Post
    Bard songs really need a unique casting animation.
    they do now~
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deepening Shadow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    They keep changing the song :< The initial songs for every buff were really nice and unique and perfect and then they went and changed it so that they all sound the same.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast