Character
    Psxpert Sylph
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis View Post
    Archer & Bard combination is old

I truly hope Archer branches out to be a Ranger or a Cor. A class doesn't have only one job, it branches out like real world professions. How else will you introduce new jobs SE? New classes?? New updates we don't need, comeon! http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...e-a-Bard/page5

I leveling archer not for bard but for range capability and although i like the speed ability, I'd prefer to stay archer up until SE introduces a new job for the class. I want guns and I want crossbows, I want a new job and I want now(2.0 or beyond). Get creative, pull a rabbit out of a hat, do something FF-team, give us a choice. Bard isn't going to cut it and I'll stay as archer in protest. I sure it's more versatile. Chop-chop!
    (1)
    Last edited by PSxpert2011; 06-28-2012 at 07:46 AM. Reason: added content

~'\[[_LEGACY_]]/'~
    TENTs because solo-friendly content forces me to want one!
    (HP + Instantly logout anywhere)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/my/
    *Excalibur* Nation: Limsa Laminsa

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by PSxpert2011 View Post
    I truly hope Archer branches out to be a Ranger or a Cor. A class doesn't have only one job, it branches out like real world professions. How else will you introduce new jobs SE? New classes?? New updates we don't need, comeon! http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...e-a-Bard/page5

I leveling archer not for bard but for range capability and although i like the speed ability, I'd prefer to stay archer up until SE introduces a new job for the class. I want guns and I want crossbows, I want a new job and I want now(2.0 or beyond). Get creative, pull a rabbit out of a hat, do something FF-team, give us a choice. Bard isn't going to cut it and I'll stay as archer in protest. I sure it's more versatile. Chop-chop!
    Here's where I hate the armory sytem. IMO they should just scrap classes completely and stick to jobs.
    Why?

Primarily because with the armory system currently in play.....
    An Archer has Barrage, Quick Knock, Chameleon, Piercing Arrow etc etc.
    A Bard has Barrage, Quick Knock, Chameleon, Piercing Arrow etc etc.
    A Ranger would have Barrage, Quick Knock, Chamelon, Piercing Arrow etc etc.
    A Sniper would have Barrage, Quick Knock, Chameleon, Piercing Arrow etc etc.

And the same would be true of GLA with PLD DRK and anything else they may add. at present it sems if multiple jobs do eventually come out they're all going to feel the same pretty much. Follow the same trait paths with mostly the same abilities. it seems to be a very restricted system. which is very different from its design concept i think
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Psxpert Sylph
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzian View Post
    Here's where I hate the armory sytem. IMO they should just scrap classes completely and stick to jobs.
    I would disagree and I'm strictly pointing out your critique towards classes. I really don't care for unlocking Bard but I still respect those who main as bard, I just don't see myself being a bard. I still love archery and I give thanks to the Twelve for classes because I can customize my role in a party without worry of being in a job.

What I feel a job is good for is specific abilities you unlock which, as a class cant obtain. That's fine, I'm totally cool with it, that's why there's quest to unlock all of it and learn the job. I'll still be an Archer even though I won't learn to be bard but that's the pros and cons of classes and jobs, I love it. It's what sets it apart from FFxi and it shouldn't be altered.

You compare Archer, Bard, Ranger and Sniper... yes they're different and I hope those differences can be set in stone so people can feel special and open diversity. Being an archer is just a role, not a job, you pretty much can add almost any ability to a class.

The differences can be like ...a Bard and Sniper being in the same party, doing the same range dmg and thing but with different roles. They still archer class but one is doing spike-damage and the other doing dmg + support.

Have to remember those who can't party as much and enjoy just soloing to get buy. Classes can help and DoL & DoH may just need a specific class with a set up just to survive and farm for MATs.
    (4)
    Last edited by PSxpert2011; 06-29-2012 at 08:43 AM.

~'\[[_LEGACY_]]/'~
    TENTs because solo-friendly content forces me to want one!
    (HP + Instantly logout anywhere)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/my/
    *Excalibur* Nation: Limsa Laminsa

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    I dont mind classes so much, I just think the way the system is now is very restrictive on diversity as I exampled above.

If you have 3 or 4 jobs stemming off one class then the vast majority of the skills are going to the same across all jobs that stem from that class. That doesn't really promote variety and diversity in jobs.

in the case of gla and drk for example being built on a gla class with gla abilities is pretty restrictive on trying to make it a dd. as it has to be built around a gla frame that is built for defence. it doesnt leave much room for job uniqueness and diversity.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Briggs Poindexter
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 38
    I hope Archer branches out to be a Ranger or something better than bard, i love archer i don't like playing bards in any game i praise those that do nothing against bards just not my cup of tea. i will play my archer as an archer to protest the injustice probly lots solo play =/.

i started ffxiv dec 2011 after the bandaid overhaul played the 30 day free trial was excited loved every second of it untill it came time to pay for my subscription i had the money but se only went thrue 2 trash sites to pay subs with at the time.

so i said my goodbyes ,after nearly a year i by chance glance over an msg on random forums that se started paypal and reg credit card. huray!!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jayo Oreon
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Im new... but the way it seems to be going now is that im gona be forced to play a pocket buffer / support clas. I picked archer because I wanted to just dish out pure dps and kill things... not be forced to be a buff class.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    You DPS more than you sing songs as long as you are good at hitting the right people with the right songs. Most of the time you can sing a song for mages, a song for melee, and return right back to what you were doing before on ARC.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I had a lot of fun playing archer/bard, but I pretty much only soloed with maybe 1-2 parties I partook in (spamming Fire of all things -.-) as I leveled up. I've never done any serious content with it since my demand to be a tank and lack of good gear prohibit me from seriously playing it.

Once you get Shadowbind, things become a lot easier in terms of doing combos. Once I unlocked bard, I never went back to archer since I used ballad to keep my MP up for heals/stoneskin, then later swapped to minuet for increased accuracy. Perhaps the main drawback to archer is ammunition costs, but I think cobalt arrows are like 40k a stack on my server so if you have a reliable way of making money it shouldn't be an issue.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arc Jurado
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzian View Post
    I dont mind classes so much, I just think the way the system is now is very restrictive on diversity as I exampled above.

If you have 3 or 4 jobs stemming off one class then the vast majority of the skills are going to the same across all jobs that stem from that class. That doesn't really promote variety and diversity in jobs.

in the case of gla and drk for example being built on a gla class with gla abilities is pretty restrictive on trying to make it a dd. as it has to be built around a gla frame that is built for defence. it doesnt leave much room for job uniqueness and diversity.
    In the example of Gladiator vs Dark Knight, if I'm not mistaken Dark Knights generally don't use shields and opt for two-handed weapons instead. That alone would make the playstyle and skill selection of a Dark Knight much different from that of Gladiator and Paladin. The reps have commented on the possibility of the devs considering giving classes multiple weapons which would have to change their available skill set.

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    If we were to implement a new weapon category such as "great sword," it doesn't necessarily mean we would need to introduce a brand-new class specifically for this. We would have to discuss with the battle team on this, including the possibility of allowing gladiators to choose between one-hand swords and great swords.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Naomi Onisake
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcell View Post
    In the example of Gladiator vs Dark Knight, if I'm not mistaken Dark Knights generally don't use shields and opt for two-handed weapons instead. That alone would make the playstyle and skill selection of a Dark Knight much different from that of Gladiator and Paladin. The reps have commented on the possibility of the devs considering giving classes multiple weapons which would have to change their available skill set.
    This to a degree.

GLA by nature has a lot of defensive abilities (based on shield blocks, etc.). but there's nothign saying those abilities won't change if you suddenly have a two handed weapon. you would essentially be getting a new class, you just don't have to level it.

as an example, at level 30 a ranger/corsair could get an ability that's passive and reduces the CD of all WSs to bring it more in line with other DPS classes. etc. etc.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast