Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
    Good information. I use a lot of the Storm GC gear at the moment as it provides some nice stats with set bonus for people who don't have Darklight like myself. As for the Darklight gear, it'd be nice to have but since it's like winning the lottery to get.

In addition, like 95% of the people playing who go for Darklight are the type who want optimal, as easy as possible runs with no room for taking people like myself who dislike playing ranged/magic classes and don't want to be forced to play a class for a speed run. I want the gear for the class I enjoy playing (Monk), yet to get it you have to basically devote yourself to being a BLM/WHM/BRD or a tank for "speed runs".

So I accept that I'll probably never have it. Because playing classes I hate isn't fun to me. And I'm playing the game for the expressed purpose of having fun. :/
    Then make a party that consists of people that wants to have fun and have same minded as you, any setup can speedrun dungeons just fine.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Renault Cathetel
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Chardrizard View Post
    Then make a party that consists of people that wants to have fun and have same minded as you, any setup can speedrun dungeons just fine.
    Yeah, that's the problem. Neither I nor my brother who also plays on the same server can seem to find people like that. XD

It'd be nice if I could, I'd like to have a Darklight Corselet one day.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Amanda Huggenkiss
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    My group used Monk as the primary DD for Mistress.
    Actually, it's the best way to sub 17 AV is to burn with monks.
    (0)
    I like frog

Player
    Character
    Mudd Vader
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 54
    Dated Leather Espadrilles.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Renault Cathetel
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaHuggenkiss View Post
    My group used Monk as the primary DD for Mistress.
    Actually, it's the best way to sub 17 AV is to burn with monks.
    I know that. The problem is people who only want to play as their Monk can't do so with most parties (unless you get folks like Chard mentioned who don't mind doing it with any jobs/classes) until you get to Mistress, otherwise it's "lol use BLM/BRD".
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Velhart Aurion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadRiser View Post
    PLEASE elaborate mister darklight. I'm curious as to what you are talking about.
    As a person who only has darklight hands, never seen the other pieces ever drop before (Done dungeons 450+ times), I disagree with you. What Amanda put in is a goal you need to aim for, because it is technically the best rare/ex. gear in the game, and what you need to make a top of the line Monk. Even with a tight schedule, making room for 1-2 dungeon runs still gets you the chance of the gear.

What you mostly refer to is a starter setup or an alternative gear set if you do not own Darklight.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Terrible Tank
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Blah Blah Blah is all i'm reading pretty much , the game's algorithm is so screwed up at the moment you'll get pretty much the same results no matter how much of the "best" gear you have, i've sometimes pulled in on a crit on moogles over 1k on the king (i use mnk af+ GC weapons) , meanwhile another mnk using avengers triple melded str tier IV + 3 pieces of darklight crited under 1k , then sometimes i'd crit under 1k and he'd crit over 1k , so really all this back n forth yippy yapping is pretty much pointless till 2.0, when the code is greatly improved and stats actually do what they're supposed to do, so basically if you can go for darklight stuff by all means go ahead and go for it , and if you cant or wont go after darklight for whatever the reason, mnk af or melded gear works too. As long as you aren't butt naked and you are using 45+ gear i dont see a problem. (if any of you feel insulted by my comment please take that feeling and slap yourself with it , it wont do any good here)
    (4)
    Who are we to judge others, without judging ourselves.....

Player
    Character
    Velhart Aurion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiroichirou View Post
    Blah Blah Blah is all i'm reading pretty much , the game's algorithm is so screwed up at the moment you'll get pretty much the same results no matter how much of the "best" gear you have, i've sometimes pulled in on a crit on moogles over 1k on the king (i use mnk af+ GC weapons) , meanwhile another mnk using avengers triple melded str tier IV + 3 pieces of darklight crited under 1k , then sometimes i'd crit under 1k and he'd crit over 1k , so really all this back n forth yippy yapping is pretty much pointless till 2.0, when the code is greatly improved and stats actually do what they're supposed to do, so basically if you can go for darklight stuff by all means go ahead and go for it , and if you cant or wont go after darklight for whatever the reason, mnk af or melded gear works too. As long as you aren't butt naked and you are using 45+ gear i dont see a problem. (if any of you feel insulted by my comment please take that feeling and slap yourself with it , it wont do any good here)
    The burst damage really shows when you get STR/INT high. Take a party of full melded/geared MNK's vs. not so well geared MNK's and see who is faster at taking Mizer's Mistress down. Go ahead and spoil it for you, the melded ones by far.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Terrible Tank
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Velhart View Post
    The burst damage really shows when you get STR/INT high. Take a party of full melded/geared MNK's vs. not so well geared MNK's and see who is faster at taking Mizer's Mistress down. Go ahead and spoil it for you, the melded ones by far.
    of course but not by a lot , if the stats would work how they were meant to work then i agree melded + darklight would have a big advantage over avg gear , but you need either really deep pockets or a heck of a lot of time to get both i really dont see the need to after it, but thats just me, by all means feel free to drop 4-5 mil a piece or spend 4-5 months getting a single piece of gear.
    (0)
    Who are we to judge others, without judging ourselves.....

Player
    Character
    Perfect Goddess
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    yeah 80 DPS and 120 DPS is the same
    (3)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast