Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Blaise Lallaise
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I have a question for the seasoned White Mages. It involved leveling conjurer, so instead of making a new thread, I'll resurrect this one.

Here's the scoop. I'm currently in a leve duo leveling my conjurer with a bard. It's quite effective, as we are 35 and gaining about 1.5 levels per leve cycle. Now, I have unlocked the White Mage job, but I'm confused on whether or not it's worth equipping as I level. Doing leves in Thanalan, rocks fall, everything dies. So, is it better to nuke as a Conjurer or go ahead and equip the job stone? My battle strategy doesn't change either way, I just lose Thunder and Fire as backup nukes when they're useful. Do I gain any benefit from White Mage to counter the losses?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Naomi Onisake
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaiseLallaise View Post
    I have a question for the seasoned White Mages. It involved leveling conjurer, so instead of making a new thread, I'll resurrect this one.

Here's the scoop. I'm currently in a leve duo leveling my conjurer with a bard. It's quite effective, as we are 35 and gaining about 1.5 levels per leve cycle. Now, I have unlocked the White Mage job, but I'm confused on whether or not it's worth equipping as I level. Doing leves in Thanalan, rocks fall, everything dies. So, is it better to nuke as a Conjurer or go ahead and equip the job stone? My battle strategy doesn't change either way, I just lose Thunder and Fire as backup nukes when they're useful. Do I gain any benefit from White Mage to counter the losses?
    in my experience thunder/fire don't do as much damage on CNJ as they do on THM. not to mention that aero/stone are very powerful as they are. a lot of mobs are weak to these two elements. it might be better to switch locations and do a small amount of research on the mob spawns and select things weak to these elements. your BRD will be doing the same damage either way.

PoM at 30 isn't that useful. but 35, when you get regen, it's indispensable. Regen and Stoneskin are your two spells that are worth the most. pat 35 you should never be on CNJ due to the power of this spell. if you haven't been, put your points in MND/VIT. for the extra enhancing. when you transition to PT play you shoudl be relying mostly on SS/Regen and only curing in emergencies.

if you do need more damage, your BRD should stay ARC. you shouldn't need ballad between how fast levels go and blissful mind.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    If you can do the job quest to get Regen I think you won't look back on CNJ too much. That was my plan anyway. I've found soloing to be pretty easy as long as you find leves with mobs that are weak to your primary spells, as someone above pointed out.

In short, I think anything that you lose by playing WHM will be outweighed by Regen.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Blaise Lallaise
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Thank you for the input. I believe I have my answer in one single word: regen. As soon as I do the lv 35 quest (coming up next session), I won't be looking back.
    (2)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2