Player
    Character
    Toxsik Kisxot
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70

Shorten Mining/Gathering Menu Possible?

So I'm a 48 miner now almost 49 and the one thing I noticed that just kinda bothers me is how for every strike you have to reset the depth gauge... As a gathering I believe most people already know where they want the depth gauge set the first time and having it come back up after every success seems like a waste of time.

Since SE sped up crafting I would like to purpose a similar type of thing but instead of speeding up the actually animation, make it so that you set the depth gauge at the start and after success go right back to the strike gauge. Maybe make it so the cancel button could back you out to the depth gauge if you haven't started the next turn and feel it necessary to change it in the middle of you Node session. Seems like it would speed up things and get rid of (to me) an unnecessary 2 clicks.

I haven't really done much fishing or botanist to know but this could probably be implemented somewhere there as well.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Charlie Xenn
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    OMG this ^^

It's just as tedious on all 3 I'm afraid. But this would be a fantastic idea. And better options to filter out some of the garbage that gets displayed in the log when gathering would be nice too, as that definitely seems to slow things down a little. I really dont need to be shown twice on the screen that I dig up some alumen (yay!) but filtering out the system messages means I have no idea where the next node is lol.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zetsumei Tsunarashi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I always think the same thing when I go gathering. You don't need to set the aim gauge more than once per node. Make it so you can back out of the strike gauge and change it, but otherwise just stay on the strike gauge all the time after setting the aim gauge the first time.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Maximus Caladbolg
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I agree wholeheartedly.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sabaku Usagi
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    With the way our gathering skills work currently, I don't think there is anything we can do but /dealwith it. If you get your catalyst ability to proc after you already set your depth, you'd be SOL.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Isidula Granviir
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabaku_Usagi View Post
    If you get your catalyst ability to proc after you already set your depth, you'd be SOL.
    Hitting Cancel would bring you back to the depth gauge. I would like this as well, it seems like they could implement it easily, but you never know.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxsik View Post
    So I'm a 48 miner now almost 49 and the one thing I noticed that just kinda bothers me is how for every strike you have to reset the depth gauge... As a gathering I believe most people already know where they want the depth gauge set the first time and having it come back up after every success seems like a waste of time.

Since SE sped up crafting I would like to purpose a similar type of thing but instead of speeding up the actually animation, make it so that you set the depth gauge at the start and after success go right back to the strike gauge. Maybe make it so the cancel button could back you out to the depth gauge if you haven't started the next turn and feel it necessary to change it in the middle of you Node session. Seems like it would speed up things and get rid of (to me) an unnecessary 2 clicks.

I haven't really done much fishing or botanist to know but this could probably be implemented somewhere there as well.
    You put into words what I think has been bugging me for while but I've been unable to quite put my finger on. Thank you. *like*
    (1)