Character
    Silvanesti Wayreth
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50

To wait or not.

Dear Devs

Since only one relic weapon quest can be undertaken/active at any given time, I would like to know if it will be possible to complete a relic weapon quest before 2.0 and possible new jobs are released? (I hope not)

Basically are these quests going to be so long and involved that if I am waiting for Thief its better not to start a different weapon quest?

If they are going to be long then I would rather save my Hamlet seals for Thief, which I am hoping will be in the next round of new jobs. Rather than start a relic quest now and be some of the way through when new jobs come & unable to work on a different weapon.

I do hope the road is long and difficult.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Yuki Ynagi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    difficult to say, we don't ever now what's the next class to be implemented. If you think you can do 2 weapons, do it
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tokyo Jack
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvanesti View Post
    If they are going to be long then I would rather save my Hamlet seals for Thief, which I am hoping will be in the next round of new jobs. .
    Unfortunately, it's already been confirmed the next jobs they are adding will be mage jobs. Which sucks cause I want them to add dual wield to the game.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Renen Angel
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    We DO need more mage jobs
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Llen Coram
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    We also NEED Musketeer.

No, wait...

I need musketeer.
    (2)

Oh how I'm not looking forward to working on a Death Penalty again.

Oh wait someone uses it already in this game. I'm not working on an Armageddon again also, you can't complete the Relic now anyway, whether its in 1.23H or 2.0 is TBD but as of now just taking it slow will benefit you in the long run than just waiting and doing it last second.

Look at all the people complaining about it when they had May to get a lot of the prereqs done.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Silvanesti Wayreth
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Yea I know you can't complete them atm. I was just thinking of how long XI relic used to take and not wanting to have some progress on one of the weapon quests now when thf finally does get released. Since you can't work on more than one at a time. If you could then I'd at least start something now.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Bam Sully
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Well first of all, there's no evidence that there will be new jobs at 2.0 launch. I mean it's possible, but there's no reason to assume there will be.

Secondly, I think it's pretty safe to say that the end of the end of the relic weapon quest will be coming sooner rather than later. The weapons are great, but they're not game-breakingly godly and using FFXI's relics as a reference isn't useful as they're two entirely different beasts.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Viritess Vonschalt
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Though its addressed to the Devs, my thought is if you have a Job you would prefer to put it twords, i'd say take your time on the current requirements untill info becomes more solid, instead of pushing through the current requirements and waiting.

I will say, and perhaps its because i've yet to do alot of runs, or perhaps its because i love my LS members, but Hamlet was pretty fun! We laughed, we poked fun, and poke Beast tribers with pointy objects..... Good times ^^

TL;DR Since we don't know, take your time getting there so you won't feel even more disappointed with the wait ^^
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by UmJammerSully View Post
    Well first of all, there's no evidence that there will be new jobs at 2.0 launch. I mean it's possible, but there's no reason to assume there will be.

Secondly, I think it's pretty safe to say that the end of the end of the relic weapon quest will be coming sooner rather than later. The weapons are great, but they're not game-breakingly godly and using FFXI's relics as a reference isn't useful as they're two entirely different beasts.
    Well to be fair, both XIV and XI relic weapons at the time of implementation were very strong for their jobs, however XIV's relics are more leaning towards Mythics in comparison, fairly strong but also enhances a specific part of the job.

The only difference lies in the fact XIV can have a super weapon thanks to melding but it's near impossible, while at the same time both XIV and XI's relics were introduced in a very incomplete stage. I'd say slowly work on one, considering the main objectives of the quest is very ambigious (you need the 25k seal item and supposedly 50xxx beastmen currency which is yet to be confirmed) you can already get going on some of that along with the Hamlet beastmen seals.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast