Player
    Character
    Lect Eleon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Combining Both Retainers into One

Concerning the crowding issue in the market wards (specifically Ul'dah), would it be possible to combine both retainers tied to a character into a single retainer? The new retainer would have double the inventory space, double the bazaar space, and would only take one slot inside of the wards.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Grego Griffinger
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Why not limit each player to 1 retainer per city wards. This would help aleviate the ul'dah conjestion and help build up the other cities.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Myrhn Shirayuki
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    merging the 2 retainer no but limiting 1 retainer in wards i'm ok
    (0)
    I love the official forums, they tell you to use the search for thread about what you wanted to talk but when you use it they judge for necro a thread.

Player
    Character
    Attackat Muaddib
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Then players will just go ahead and create 8 chars per world, when 2.0 legacy kicks into effect.

What they need is address the real problem, by getting rid the useless graphical display of retainers that creates all these server side issues, and implement a global auction listing system.

jc
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Wouldn't extra characters still cost more per extra character, or do they intend on doing away with that?

I for one only plan on having one extra character for that storage space, if they dont plan on finally letting us have additional retainers.

Tho, having one retainer, that is upgradeable in the same fashion as aquireing new retainers (at extra cost) would be better however. It would also be good if, if they were to do that, retainers could sell more than 10 things at once. So ya i agree with OP and add on the suggestion of upgradeable retainers rather than extra retainer slots in the future.
    (0)
    Last edited by Reika; 07-26-2012 at 08:06 AM.

Player
    Character
    Hazel Meade
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 51
    I like having 2 so I can leave one in the wards and summon the other one if I need to switch equipment or something.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Adahna Serafi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by AttacKat View Post
    Then players will just go ahead and create 8 chars per world, when 2.0 legacy kicks into effect.

What they need is address the real problem, by getting rid the useless graphical display of retainers that creates all these server side issues, and implement a global auction listing system.

jc
    They already said they are redoing it in 2.0 so I don't think they are stupid enough to make this an issue. This is exactly what they are doing anyway since that's exactly what they said.
    (0)