Player
    Character
    Azure Xanh
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70

To the devs: Can we change FFXIV:ARR's notifications?

I just finished watching the Quest & Combat Alpha trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N4G854ANo0

It was a good intro, though I am positive SE will show a more in-depth look in the future when it goes past beta.

One thing that bothered me was that, even though I can get used to it, the notifications for EXP and damage and dodging etc... appears and slowly drops down.

I know Yoshi-P said PC players can mod their FFXIV to extents, but I want it to be able to appear and disappear after some time instead of dropping, I am wondering if anybody knows about this?

Any others that agrees?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Zoobie Senjougahara
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    That's all part of the ui. Since we can use addons that'll all be customizable.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Volta Asura
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 61
    ^I sure how so

I'm not a fan of it either OP. I think there's just incredibly waaay too much going on, on the screen. It's distracting. I could go for a new animation for spell casting, but im too tired. lol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sa'niquel Amrita
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    I am not amused that the cure spell says 2.5s but you didn't get the health till the cool down was off (4 seconds) ... that is a long delay

I agree I think the drop down is a bit distracting ^^; perhaps if it was semi transparent it might help?
    (0)

Masamune ♡ SGD ♡ Australia
    My DA / FFXIV SS Glamours - http://tinyurl.com/mvmdebr

Player
    Character
    Blake Ater
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 65
    If the text actually gets smaller depending on your resolution i'll be fine with it. Had some difficulties with seeing status ailments or what damage occurs on enemies from far away most of the time, and it's usually blinded by special effects (special effects still blind it... but at least it moves down to the grass where I can catch a glimpse of it)

Maybe at least they have a duration setting so that you can set it drop and dissapear immediately?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ast Rid
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    pretty sure we can customize it but even then, the default way they have it now looks pretty sloppy, cluttered, and unpolished.

I want my FFT style numbers back
    (0)