Player
    Character
    Rowan Garnet
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakasa View Post
    Well I would want the Ronso (Actually I wanted them for the male Miqote but whatcha going to do) and to up the incentive their /pose should be thundercat ho!
    It would be cool if the male Miqote had one of their clans resemble the Ronso.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nuinn Nomi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 64
    Quote Originally Posted by YuriSan View Post
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/46936

Yes i understand what E.X means.
    With that said when someone says "a rabbit eared race such as the Viera from FFXII" I kinda somehow (and you can call me insane) get an image of the Viera in my head. If they made a rabbit eared race in FFXIV how different you think it would be from the Viera we already know?
    Also it dosent matter if what poeople thought Yoshi said and what he actually ment where two different things . if they thought "Oh! Viera" and voted for that then it dosen't matter what Yoshi really ment. what matters is that the majority of the people voted for it cause they thought it was Viera = what majority of people wanted it at that time.
    I dun care weather or not it is going to be the new race dude. i aint changing a thing. But it is pretty clear that if there is an official poll with 10 races and one of them is "a rabbit eared race such as the Viera from FFXII" and wins cause people voted for it cause they thought it was gonna be the already known Viera, it means it was an OFFICIAL POLL in which VIERA was voted the most thus it won...

read this carefully please.

ps: i read just fine with my glasses. they like made by N.A.S.A and shit look

Sure, if it was an official poll to vote for actual races, as opposed to general categories like demi-human, dragon-race, robot-race etc. I agree. Otherwise it doesn't really make sense. He could have used in that poll, instead of Viera, any other human looking race and the results would be different, yet still make the poll valid in terms that the demi-human option got the most (or least) votes, depending on the appeal the race used as an example has.

What if he never mentioned Viera in the poll and mentioned Ronso tribe as the example for the mammalian beastmen, or even demi-human (not sure where they'd actually fit). I'd dare to say that people would probably respond differently to that than they do when they have in mind a half naked bunny lady. Apart from the mixed races, the Viera was the only familiar name up there that people could relate to and get an instant image in their head, without any doubts, what a bunny lady looks like and that in itself made the demi-human option more appealing since they didn't just have vague hints of what a race would look like. I have no clue what a wolfman race would actually look like in XIV (or FF in general since they're not very often encountered) but hey, drop the name Viera and I know exactly what you think.

tl;dr version: What good is it if I'm thinking one thing and they meant another. . . .
    (0)
    Proud member of the Abyss FC — Excalibur

If you need a place to chat about all sorts of ridiculous, dorky and nonsensical topics, feel free to join the Absolutely Fabulous LS
    Send a /tell and bring your happy pills~!

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Nuinn View Post
    Sure, if it was an official poll to vote for actual races, as opposed to general categories like demi-human, dragon-race, robot-race etc. I agree. Otherwise it doesn't really make sense. He could have used in that poll, instead of Viera, any other human looking race and the results would be different, yet still make the poll valid in terms that the demi-human option got the most (or least) votes, depending on the appeal the race used as an example has.

What if he never mentioned Viera in the poll and mentioned Ronso tribe as the example for the mammalian beastmen, or even demi-human (not sure where they'd actually fit). I'd dare to say that people would probably respond differently to that than they do when they have in mind a half naked bunny lady. Apart from the mixed races, the Viera was the only familiar name up there that people could relate to and get an instant image in their head, without any doubts, what a bunny lady looks like and that in itself made the demi-human option more appealing since they didn't just have vague hints of what a race would look like. I have no clue what a wolfman race would actually look like in XIV (or FF in general since they're not very often encountered) but hey, drop the name Viera and I know exactly what you think.

tl;dr version: What good is it if I'm thinking one thing and they meant another. . . .
    You kinda said exactly what i am saying.

Majority voted for something they thought was Viera in the official poll so know we know that majority wants Viera .
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nuinn Nomi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 64
    You kinda said exactly what i am saying.

Majority voted for something they thought was Viera in the official poll so know we know that majority wants Viera .
    Then it's safe to say the majority didn't vote for something they didn't have such a clear association with. . . . or, the majority voted for the only exemplary race on the poll(?)

Whatever the case, people indeed had a big reaction to the race name itself, that's true. The poll was clumsily executed/worded.

Whether they make it or not eventually, I just hope they redesign Viera's freakish feet with that cringeworthy toes >_>
    (0)

If you need a place to chat about all sorts of ridiculous, dorky and nonsensical topics, feel free to join the Absolutely Fabulous LS

Player

Then it's safe to say the majority didn't vote for something they didn't have such a clear association with. . . . or, the majority voted for the only exemplary race on the poll(?)

Whatever the case, people indeed had a big reaction to the race name itself, that's true. The poll was clumsily executed/worded.

Whether they make it or not eventually, I just hope they redesign Viera's freakish feet with that cringeworthy toes >_>
    I like how the feet look
    Anyway I truly think a race that isn't human like wont do well in here.
    Like Bangaa and dragon looking crap with scales and stuff.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    I like how the feet look
    Anyway I truly think a race that isn't human like wont do well in here.
    Like Bangaa and dragon looking crap with scales and stuff.
    Amulja would like to have a word with you.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Shougun View Post
    Amulja would like to have a word with you.
    I'm waiting on him in my HDL. Tell him to build some momentum and charge into me

It's ok for beastmen tribes as mobs but playable characters...
    I dunno. wont be all that popular I dun think.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mementus Veventus
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60

Personally i would rather not have viera... they have sexy elf with bunny ears written all over them. Maybe if they made them more bestial bunny looking.....
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nuinn Nomi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 64
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaltus View Post
    Personally i would rather not have viera... they have sexy elf with bunny ears written all over them. Maybe if they made them more bestial bunny looking.....
    I don't really care, I'll find them equally uninteresting as I do Miqo'te. Half the time, if I don't pay much attention, the Hyur females, Elezen females and Miqo'te all look the same to me until I go " Oh right, giraffe necks, ears, tails". . . . Especially when fully geared in non-revealing armor or robes. In that regard the Viera would be equally "meh" to me. The main thing that would differentiate them would be the long upwards pointing ears, and longer limbs possibly, but Elezen already have a claim on longer limbs so yeah, "meh". Or, as you said, they could take the Burmecian route when designing the Viera race and make them more beastly looking.

It's ok for beastmen tribes as mobs but playable characters...
    I dunno. wont be all that popular I dun think.
    I'd go as far as to say that XIV desperately needs a more distinctive looking race as an addition than more human rehashes. Quite frankly I'd say a race like that would be moderately popular among the playerbase, which is good. Kinda don't want another fad-race all over again (i.e. replacing Miqo'te as a fixation with another "popular" race, be it Viera or whatever). So, I'd opt for different > popular, but that's just how I personally feel. Iono /shrug
    (1)

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15