Player
    Character
    Felix Valmont
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 35
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkra View Post
    does not work at all... "vivis" look all the same.. yukes also... so it would mean there are no customization options at all in the char creation.. they just distinguish between the armor they wear.. that does not work for an MMO
    sure you can you can pick an eye glow color or a shade of black.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    ehm have you seen at what time i did the entire poll postins? there just have been 1-2 minutes between them ... and not days or hours.
    Haha I meant you cant add anymore now :P

Not that you were slow the first time around.

does not work at all... "vivis" look all the same.. yukes also... so it would mean there are no customization options at all in the char creation.. they just distinguish between the armor they wear.. that does not work for an MMO
    You could make them work on two bases. One the race would be a large amount of nuance. And two - how many people look the same already anyways ? If someone picks a vivi* race then they are obviously not looking for "facial" features.

Yukes (what I think Vivi was based off of) have more features to separate them (their armors are different based on sex, there seems to be some emblems, as well as body shape (including vivi, even more), and you can do things with the "darkness". I mentioned it in another thread that it would be an interesting challenge, but I think people get too hot on the no button because of their apparent simplicity. "Its not unique looking to each character".. Cant tell you how many times I've seem me on someone else - you get used to it lol. And the magical mystery of the race would suffice for the similarities.

(wing type, glow type, many eye shapes and colors, body shapes (short n fat vivi - taller yuke), male female changes armors style, perhaps armors come with special emblems if chosen - more if you really tried).

Over all I dont think its a lost thought.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shougun; 12-05-2012 at 10:50 AM.

Player
    Character
    Mariko Aeiouk
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 50
    Personally all I see Viera as is /equip bunnyear headpiece. If anything perhaps even a subspecies or Tribe of Miqo'te with different ear/tail options during character creation (like Elin from Tera). That's probably the lazy way of going about it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Quichy Sturmbruch
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 59
    Quote Originally Posted by Shougun View Post
    Haha I meant you cant add anymore now :P

Not that you were slow the first time around.

You could make them work on two bases. One the race would be a large amount of nuance. And two - how many people look the same already anyways ? If someone picks a vivi* race then they are obviously not looking for "facial" features.

Yukes (what I think Vivi was based off of) have more features to separate them (their armors are different based on sex, there seems to be some emblems, as well as body shape (including vivi, even more), and you can do things with the "darkness". I mentioned it in another thread that it would be an interesting challenge, but I think people get too hot on the no button because of their apparent simplicity. "Its not unique looking to each character".. Cant tell you how many times I've seem me on someone else - you get used to it lol. And the magical mystery of the race would suffice for the similarities.

(wing type, glow type, many eye shapes and colors, body shapes (short n fat vivi - taller yuke), male female changes armors style, perhaps armors come with special emblems if chosen - more if you really tried).

Over all I dont think its a lost thought.

well the helmets of the yukes = are their faces.

helmet = face

and what if a yuke puts a helmet/armor on like this?

a yuke with a long helmet nose would lose the "shape of his face"
    they would look the same in that helmet.. or how you would design it? i think thats not possible. yukes work in Final Fantasys where they cant equip different armor. the shape of the yukes' armor defines their appearance.

my suggestions (refering to yoshidas opinion)

dragonic race:

aqua race:
    (1)
    Last edited by Tonkra; 12-05-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    well the helmets of the yukes = are their faces.

a yuke with a long helmet nose would lose his "shape of his face"
    they would look the same in that helmet.. or how you would design it? i think thats not possible. yukes work in Final Fantasys where they cant equip different armor
    Just like all races - the armor would be designed to that race. So long helmet noses wouldnt be lost :P (if your character had one).

Like I said, it would be an interesting challenge. But not an impossible one.

They would be a rather unexpected race - right now we have very very sterotypical mmorpg races.

I hope whatever they add next is a little bit more mind blowing then "variation of mithra" "variation of Roe".

Which is why I thought this dragon race yoshida was talking about could be interesting.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shougun; 12-05-2012 at 11:18 AM.

Character
    Skye Windbinder
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 67
    I would LOVE to see Burmecians in this game! XD
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Quichy Sturmbruch
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 59
    Just like all races - the armor would be designed to that race. So long helmet noses wouldnt be lost :P

Does not work.. Lalafells.. Elvaans... have almost the same head shape..

yukes COMPLETELY differentiate... one has a 1 metre long "nose" (his helmet).. while the other has a bulky short nose.
    you would need to design a new helmet for EACH "face" of a yuke for each helmet.. like you have to design a new helm appearance for a whole race.

you understand what i mean? If you put a full plate helmet on an elvaan you have these "ears" on that helmet.. no matter what elvaan face you have chosen, the head looks the same, because it fits on every elvaan head.
    (0)
    Last edited by Tonkra; 12-05-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Does not work.. Lalafells.. Elvaans... have almost the same head shape..

yukes COMPLETELY differentiate... one has a 1 metre long "nose" (his helmet).. while the other has a bulky short nose.
    you would need to design a new helmet for EACH "face" of a yuke for each helmet.. like you have to design a new helm appearance for a whole race.

you understand what i mean? If you put a full plate helmet on an elvaan you have these "ears" on that helmet.. no matter what elvaan face you have chosen, the head looks the same, because it fits on every elvaan head.

Thats a lot of helmets to design :P. Still not impossible though. I get what you mean. It would be a challenge.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shougun; 12-05-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Player
    Character
    Quichy Sturmbruch
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 59
    Thats a lot of helmets to design :P. Still not impossible though.
    well you can make it that way, that helmets wouldnt be displayed on a yuke ever.. thats the only way i would see how it would work.

but i think this race is going to do it very unlikely into the game
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    well you can make it that way, that helmets wouldnt be displayed on a yuke ever.. thats the only way i would see how it would work.

but i think this race is going to do it very unlikely into the game
    Probably :P

But those out there races I hope Yoshida thinks about - I'd like to see something "different". I like these other races suggested in the post of course they are just more expected if you know what I mean.
    (0)

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast