Player
    Character
    Sleepy Head
    World
    Raiden
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90

Change SCH Dissipation

This ability locking you out of all fairy abilities just feels bad to use and is lack luster.

My way to improve it or rework the skill is:
    Still remove the fairy (if SE want it to keep that theme)
    But have the Fairy abilities emanate from player character.
    Fairy Wings visual on the player maybe? (might be too similar to WHM )
    Still gives 3 aether flow.
    Still buffs healing.

I love Scholar but dam I've always disliked this ability.
    Really think it needs to be changed.

Also why the hell does our fairy still have a cast time?

Thanks
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Glamazon Amazonia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Change it to
    Empowerment:
    Scholar summons both fairies simultaneously Eos casting a regen while Selene casts a shield. Gives three aetherflow. You are not locked out of fairy abilities.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Iedarus Meridus
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Just friggen get rid of it. Buff Energy Drain if need be because this ability feels so clunky and backwards to use. The only time I have ever touched this ability was for more Energy Drain. Losing the fairy always felt terrible even when using it for that because micromanaging it is part of our core gameplay. Give us a better HW capstone ability.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iedarus View Post
    Was this what Yoshi P wanted for people like me? Did he assume we were too foolish to take any semblance of complexity? How could such an allegedly open developer act so dismissive towards his own players? The flavor of the jobs I loved so much throughout the franchise were mere husks of themselves. What was once a magical world peeled away to reveal a sterile room of four walls. No imagination, no challenge, only accessibility for the sake of it. I didn't feel welcomed, I felt betrayed.

Player
    Character
    Larek Darkholme
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    We've been complaining about Dissipation since... I dunno... was it 3.0?
    They won't change it, don't bother.
    (5)

Larek Darkholme @ Ragnarok

Player
    Character
    Ren Thras
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hysterior View Post
    We've been complaining about Dissipation since... I dunno... was it 3.0?
    They won't change it, don't bother.
    Sadly, you're not wrong.

Then again, some other Jobs have been complaining for ages and finally got something changed - DRKs have complained about Living Dead since 3.0 as well. If the wheel is squeaky enough, sometimes it gets oil.
    ...or a good kick, but who doesn't enjoy a good kick once in a while...?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Teno Gestalt
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    I still remember the day it was introduced and how I immediately complained about it. Well, nothing has changed in what, 7 years ? It's always felt out of place.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Toki Tsuchimi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    My personal opinion is to change it to act similar to WHM's Assize, AST's Earthly Star, and SGE's Pneuma. Make it deal damage, with maybe a potency of 250, and create a "stackable" shield with a potency of 500, and it could be on a 60 sec cool down. That lines up well with the other healers similar skills. The increased healing potency could be added to Seraph, as that just makes sense anyway, both you and your faerie get stronger.
    (0)
    I like helping people with their Job ideas, it's fun to help them visuallize and create the job they'd like to play most. Plus I make my own too, I'll post them eventually.

Player
    Character
    Samantha Redgrayve
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Maybe the problem is just how restrictive it is? I wonder, if we just divide everything by 3, would that help make it feel less bad? ATM we're locked out of the fairy for a full 30s. That sucks. So what if we changed it to 60s CD, locks you out for 10s, and gives 1 stack instead of 3? Over 3mins, it'd do the same thing, but it'd now be more versatile.

The only time I see Dissipation being useful outside of 'more energy drains' is in buildup enrages like Terminal Relativity, where you use it after every Fairy CD is spent, so you can get the 20% healing boost for the upcoming succor spam. But 10sec would cover the last wave of Terminal or Dominion or whatever just as well as the current 30s does. Unless we're spending everything on the first wave, and using Dissipation on both 2nd and 3rd which wouldnt make much sense to me but hey im not a SCH main (yet, maybe next tier)
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ren Thras
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Teno View Post
    I still remember the day it was introduced and how I immediately complained about it. Well, nothing has changed in what, 7 years ? It's always felt out of place.
    Oh, they made one (absolutely necessary) change: The original skill did not resummon Eos after it was over, I don't think. You had to manually resummon her. If you weren't tracking when Dissipation ended, she just...wouldn't be there until you noticed. Though I don't remember if summoning was 5 sec back then or not, needless to say, they got enough complaints they changed THAT.

ForsakeRoe - I've seen it used as part of the "ultrashield" maneuver (where SCH use every last buff they can for a super Adlo to spread, usually in hardcore prog/world first parties to cheese some difficult mechanic, and it's often a party effort with MNK, BRD, etc getting in with their buffs, then spreading the Adlo and using lots of party mitigation to survive mechanics that are supposed to one-shot party members if failed), and the "galaxy brain" 4 man dungeon use is to hit Dissipation just as the party's finishing up the first two packs/first wall pull, this way the SCH has full AF going into the next two packs/second wall pull AND can use a buffed Adlo on the tank for a bigger shield to start off the pull.

Dissipation, we all forget, is technically supposed to be a healing CD. It boosts healing spell (useless on Physic, nearly always useless on Succor, not actually useless on Adlo) by 20% in addition to giving three Aetherflow supposedly to be used for healing the party in emergencies (lol!). It's just a really BAD one because it dismisses Eos, meaning you lose access to a lot of your heals, Energy Drain competes with AF heals (with the only exception being Recitation; Recitation can't be used for Energy Drain) for those three stacks you just got, consuming AF for the next 30 seconds doesn't contribute to Faerie Gauge since Eos isn't out, and despite giving you 3 AF stacks supposedly for healing, it only buffs healing SPELLS (Physic, Adlo, and Succor), not healing ABILITIES (all the oGCDs, including the AF ones it just gave you three of).

...I'm pretty sure you know all that and I'm preaching to the choir on this one, but basically, it defeats itself. It isn't useful as a healing CD outside of the ultrashield scenario, which is only really used by coordinated groups. Ultrashielding requires several GCDs and a lot of oGCD weaves (something like 5) that have to be done in a specific order (one is Fey Illumination, which you obviously have to use before Dissipation dismisses Eos and have to be careful not to ghost by using Dissipation too soon), and because it requires other party member support (if available), this requires a fair amount of coordination. It's there, but it's super niche and they could do the same thing by having it NOT dismiss Eos.

Alternatively, if it also buffed healing abilities, that would at least make it not at war with itself - why give AF stacks for healing and not boost their healing but instead boost the healing of spells, which are slow to cast and MP expensive, so not as useful in emergencies? Why not buff both? Why not have using Dissipation generate 30 gauge (since you will miss out on that from Eos not being there unless you hold them all until she comes back; and it's not like Faerie Gauge is so useful even if people were doing that it'd be gamebreaking or anything.

If it's going to be just a damage CD (which is how it's actually used most of the time), just have it generate 3 stacks of "Energy Drain Ready" that lets you get in 3 EDs without an AF cost, like how Recitation works for Adlo, Indom, and Excog and be done with it.

It's like it's trying to be 4 different things and doing none of them well because they kind of compete and it kind of half-asses each one. I think we want a whole ass, and we don't care which one, we just want SE to pick one ass and whole it.
    (3)
    Last edited by Renathras; 01-17-2023 at 03:27 AM. Reason: EDIT for space

Player
    Character
    Jacob Newblood
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Yessss Like.

SCH is my main healer, and I love and hate dissipation, mainly hate.
    For myself when the fight starts (Mainly in savage/ex) I will summon seraph and UNGA Bunga shield at the start, and by the time she goes away I immediately eat my faerie for the Shields cover most of the incoming Damage, and I can gain aetherflow without missing out on the 2K mp regen on Aetherflow itself, as a min piety sch I need every ounce lol.

but besides that,
    WHY do we lose Half our healing kit?
    Why do we lose out Faerie?
    Why does it grant Aetherflow BUT DOES NOTHING TO BUFF SAID AETHERFLOW?

everyone and everything mentioned here is right, like.

at least Art of war is a gain on 2
    (2)

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast