Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Limecat Indignatio
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Probably the same thing that happened to everyone in .hack//.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hadrefort Sarmantoix
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 53
    I think OCE is too spread out for 5 different worlds, it might be better for SE to have stuck to their original plans of only 3 worlds at the beginning.

Also, this is just might take but given how sparse the population currently is on the new EU and NA worlds, I don't think they should push forward with their original expansions for NA and EU worlds in 2023 until the current worlds are more populated. The worlds are already feel super dead (with the sole exception of Seraph) with the population having access to DC travel to run content with much lower queue times.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tiger Lilia
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Truly, I think the real solution here is to merge PF across datacentre so people don't have to leave at all. But I have serious doubts they have a infrastructure that supports that
    (4)

Character
    Deveryn Ev'liarsh
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlilley View Post
    Truly, I think the real solution here is to merge PF across datacentre so people don't have to leave at all. But I have serious doubts they have a infrastructure that supports that
    They're actually testing it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Caelia Silverarch
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    The servers at the launch of 2.0, unless you were on a Legacy server, were dead. Yeah, they had small populations, but only because if you weren't on a Legacy server already after the 1.0 to 2.0 shuffle, you had to choose to create a character elsewhere. They took off that lock and people were free to make on whatever servers they chose, and people flocked to... the Legacy servers.

When the servers get super high-pop again during a patch or even 7.0's release, I guarantee people will go "f[kupo]k that noise" and transfer off. During Stormblood's release, people transferred off Balmung and Gilgamesh because a literal unmoving queue of 10k people stopped people from being able to log in after 1pm PST until 9pm/10pm PST, among other things (looking at you, Raubahn Savage.) Around that time, they started offering incentives to leave, and people took it. They moved to the quiet servers and now all of the NA worlds (this was before the split of some worlds into Crystal) have a healthy population. It takes a lot of time and literal frustration for people to move, and when the inevitable "the queue is as long as a work day to get into this server" happens, people will move.

The new NA DC will start filling out, just like the EU one did. With the OCE DC, I think that'll take a bit more: namely, people advertising that one to be on if they're in OCE and getting a healthy population from new players and old players alike.
    (1)

Character
    Feline Good
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 50
    All anxieties aside I believe that we shouldn't really speak like this about the DC. I don't want to unintentionally make this a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by rainichan View Post
    When the servers get super high-pop again during a patch or even 7.0's release, I guarantee people will go "f[kupo]k that noise" and transfer off. During Stormblood's release, people transferred off Balmung and Gilgamesh because a literal unmoving queue of 10k people stopped people from being able to log in after 1pm PST until 9pm/10pm PST, among other things (looking at you, Raubahn Savage.) Around that time, they started offering incentives to leave, and people took it. They moved to the quiet servers and now all of the NA worlds (this was before the split of some worlds into Crystal) have a healthy population. It takes a lot of time and literal frustration for people to move, and when the inevitable "the queue is as long as a work day to get into this server" happens, people will move.
    Question. What's to stop people from simply travelling to Dynamis during 7.0 but not actually moving there? It's slightly frustrating to imagine ending up with some of the negatives of overcrowded servers without gaining any long term positives from it. Especially with how DC travel works(being useable from the login screen), it's very easy to imagine people seeing large queues and immediately changing to our DC but not sticking around later on as queues slow down.
    (2)
    Last edited by NekoMataMata; 11-22-2022 at 07:49 PM.

Player
    Character
    Yuki Yagami
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Dynamis doesn't really seem dead. It's active af whenever I visit it, just...DF queues suck. Materia on the other hand..
    (6)

Quote Originally Posted by Allegor View Post
    Hrothgar so done with being second class that they summon their own primal to give them hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oizen View Post
    Matsya is an elephant. I cant blame them for not casting the voice to a talking elephant.

Player
    Character
    Wise Fuchsia
    World
    Phantom
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    If 7.0 has big upswing like 6.0 did the servers will eventually fill. Currently they are just future proofing things as they go because of all the component and other issues making it harder to respond in short time interval.

EU and NA datacenters shouldn't have issues outside of stuff like Ranked PvP, OCE datacenter is the one that will struggle the most if they can't travel regionally.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnycake View Post
    Dynamis doesn't really seem dead. It's active af whenever I visit it, just...DF queues suck. Materia on the other hand..
    I thought DF queues were the reason people were declaring Materia dead.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sarevok Thordin
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Cross Region DC, nobody is afraid anymore.
    (1)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast