Character
    Kitamura Seiju
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Introduction:
    Enmity > STR (till 350) > MND (till 310) > Cure potency > HP.
    I guess the numbers mean the cap? I shtere any Information on how high you should go on dex and vit? Something like at what point the investment to gain something goes up or there isn't any use at all for more?
    Also I can't seem to find War Drums in your list. Why is that?
    (0)
    Last edited by Deatheye; 06-13-2012 at 05:04 AM.

Player
    Character
    Alindalia Finrandi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    From: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/107...=1#post5128457

Quickly:
    - Sentinel's enmity bonus seems to be broken for abilities, but works fine for damage.
    Edit: There is in fact a big difference in Provoke and Flash.
    http://imgbox.com/aayy8jDo
    (0)
    Last edited by MoarLegion; 06-27-2012 at 02:26 AM.
    (My current Free Company) officially states that, (Current Free Company) does not share, condone, support or otherwise endorse what I have to say. (Current Free Company) shall be held harmless and indemnified. Your consent to this agreement is assumed by reading this post.

Player
    Character
    Sword Coheir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Deatheye View Post
    I guess the numbers mean the cap? I shtere any Information on how high you should go on dex and vit? Something like at what point the investment to gain something goes up or there isn't any use at all for more?
    It's generally accepted that the bonus damage you receive from bonus stats stop at the 350 (for primary) and 310 (for secondary).

As for VIT it seems there's no cap perse (at least not one that's feesably obtainable), and although it's necessary to be an effective tank it does scale poorly and like with defense I would imagine there is a point we receive diminishing returns.

Wardrums kind of iffy for some people, very low negligible damage, requires a block and 500 tp to perform for a underwhelming hate boost make's it unattractive for some players. I myself don't use it unless I'm trying to get a boost of hate on multiple mobs when Flash/Rampart is down, otherwise I can easily make due without when I can save the TP for WS's or better hate generating moves.
    (0)

Support RDM Development: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/42776-How-Would-You-Design-Red-Mage%21[/center]

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    IMO, you can safely ignore DEX and VIT (except on your pants where the best materia for PLD includes VIT). They aren't primary stats for PLD, and as such you won't gain as much from them as you would with STR and MND.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eli Storm
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    So, essentially, am I correct in that my point allotment should be all str and mnd? Thanks.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kitamura Seiju
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Thanks for the replies.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Yes they do. I spec a bit differently on PLD, prioritizing Enmity > Accuracy > HP > STR > MND (never really gets past HP though). Cure potency hardly factors into anything with the limited gear choices we have right now.
    (2)
    Draw swords and shatter shields with us!
    Apply to Neutral Impact today!

http://www.impact-gaming.us

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by zzapp View Post
    So, essentially, am I correct in that my point allotment should be all str and mnd? Thanks.
    Well you can't put STR and MND on everything, but put it on everything you can. Because these are both DMG modifiers for PLD in addition to affecting other stats, they will give you the most bang for your buck.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyJorildyn View Post
    Yes they do. I spec a bit differently on PLD, prioritizing Enmity > Accuracy > HP > STR > MND (never really gets past HP though). Cure potency hardly factors into anything with the limited gear choices we have right now.
    Personally, I don't really have issues missing on PLD, I use a single electrum ring +1 for accuracy leaving the other slots for more useful stats. My priorities are like this:

Enmity > STR > MND > HP
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lynn Nuvestrahl
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Just a note about Flat Blade combo, I've noticed it hits for crap dmg against tough bosses like ifrit (probably chim too). Even with enmity modifier of 5.5(?) it's still not worth prioritizing over Goring Blade combo against them. Personally I only use it if both Goring Blade and Riotblade are on cool down.
    (0)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast