Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Hoshikogi Douatama
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I'm still waiting on which materia is required for our relic pre-req relic weapon.
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Molly_Millions View Post
    nice guide. I'm not convinced of the benefits of VIT over something else like HP. Basically, at level 50, damage mitigation from VIT is only worth .1% per stat point. So using tier IIIs as an example the question becomes, what is better, 1.5% damage mitigation or 50 more HP? I'd go with the latter, personally.
    Kaeko
    "(2) VIT and DEF are related in a 2:3 DEF:VIT ratio, meaning adding 3 VIT is like adding 2 DEF. "
    Kaeko
    "(3) VIT, in addition to affecting physical damage taken, also decreases magical/elemental attacks."

Don't forget each point of VIT is a point of HP so its 50hp or (15hp+1.5%block+10defense + unknown amount reduced on magic attacks). Granted I do not have Heavy DL Body and I wear a cobalt cuirass HQ with double 60HP meld

*those defense/magic dmg reductions are very small but its still measurable and should not be ignored
    (2)
    Last edited by Tango; 06-09-2012 at 04:11 AM.
    How Durandal Rolls
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterityJones View Post
    as a monk you can find the hole and fill it with a fist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    Bow Chica Bow-Wow...

Player
    Character
    Gidarian Ranswar
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 54
    Nice informative piece of work. Thank you for a beneficial contribution to the forums.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Kaeko

Kaeko

Don't forget each point of VIT is a point of HP so its 50hp or (15hp+1.5%block+10defense + unknown amount reduced on magic attacks). Granted I do not have Heavy DL Body and I wear a cobalt cuirass HQ with double 60HP meld

*those defense/magic dmg reductions are very small but its still measurable and should not be ignored
    I'm not arguing the test results, I'm just saying that I'm not completely convinced that VIT is better than HP for PLD. For WAR, it definately makes sense since VIT is also a factor in your damage output. To get closer to answering that, I'd need to know how much each point of def is worth as far as damage mitigation.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Molly_Millions View Post
    I'm not arguing the test results, I'm just saying that I'm not completely convinced that VIT is better than HP for PLD. For WAR, it definately makes sense since VIT is also a factor in your damage output. To get closer to answering that, I'd need to know how much each point of def is worth as far as damage mitigation.
    I posted the differences, and also said I too use HP on my body over VIT so I'm not convinced VIT>HP yet either, though the shield update did sweeten the deal quite a bit.

this shows in painless details exactly what DEF and VIT does right now: http://kanican.livejournal.com/#asset-kanican-55915

tldr; it doesn't help us on anything where we really want a strong defense build and it doesn't scale well with high lvl mobs like ifrit
    (1)
    Last edited by Tango; 06-09-2012 at 04:23 AM.
    How Durandal Rolls
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterityJones View Post
    as a monk you can find the hole and fill it with a fist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    Bow Chica Bow-Wow...

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    I posted the differences, and also said I too use HP on my body over VIT so I'm not convinced VIT>HP yet either, though the shield update did sweeten the deal quite a bit.

this shows in painless details exactly what DEF and VIT does right now: http://kanican.livejournal.com/#asset-kanican-55915

tldr; it doesn't help us on anything where we really want a strong defense build and it doesn't scale well with high lvl mobs like ifrit
    We're on the same page then :P thanks for posting that link, there is a ton of useful info there.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hoolie Who
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 55
    Nice guide. Thanks.

With the blocking changes I was planning to go with DEX on hands. Probably a second set with just HP for situations where the bulk of the damage is not physical.

For body I've been using my Surcoat in longer fights, and trying to use my MP more. Otherwise I plan to go with a VIT melded body. VIT seems good against weak enemies for sure and stronger bosses too, unless the bulk of the damage comes via attacks that can't be blocked.
    (1)
    The First Law of Roegadynics: "A Roegadyn may not injure a Lalafell or, through inaction, allow a Lalafell to come to harm."

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    Can I ask why the Morbid Mogblade isn't in your list of weapons. It should be quite high up that list.

30 accracy makes a pretty big difference to your accuracy / combos and there isn't much thats more of a pain in the ass than having misses breaking procs on your Spirits Within etc.

That 30 accuracy comes at a cost of 0.09 dps over an Infrits Blade.
    However the boost to your accuracy more than compensates the marginal lack in dps.
    A Paladins damage isnt great but it is a crucial chunk of our emnity and thus a miss can cost you a lot of hate.
    The Morbid Mogblade should most certainly be up there.
    (5)
    Last edited by Dzian; 06-10-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Player
    Character
    Carraway Author
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 90
    I agree, Mogblade should be much more useful than Ifrit's.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Zalim Ramuh
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 50
    Thanks for the guide, I know talking to a few people ingame that really need more assistance when they hit level 50. I know I did, I hope they can sticky these things. It helps the community lots.
    (0)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast