Player
    Character
    Lodovico Rivers
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80

Best way to level to 40?

I'm level 33 atm. What's a good way to get to level 40? I use manuals and also use rested exp whenever I can. Should I be strictly doing leves or looking for nodes?

Edit: Nvm, I got my answer from somebody in-game. For anybody who is curious, just use Manuals gained from the Grand Companies for a 50% boost and rested EXP if you can. Set HP at a city and at a quest location and keep shifting between the two doing leves and any mining points along the way. Managed to get to level 35 pretty fast and went on to Iron Lake for higher level quests.
    (0)
    Last edited by KamikazeMan; 06-08-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kalos Ianei
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    How are Leve's for miner XP? I'm stuck at that point between grade 3 & grade 4(Lv 22) where I can't reliably upgrade.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lodovico Rivers
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    It's a pain to level up, but totally worth it if you're trying to level up your Blacksmith or Armorer. Just keep using Survival Manual II and continue spamming leves. Make sure to mine every node you see outside of your quests as well. DoL seems like the slowest classes to level....so painfully slow. If you feel that it is too slow to level, just log out for a week to build rested exp and use a manual so you can get a 100% exp boost and grind a few levels that way. Rested exp can give you up to 200k exp and manuals can give about 9k.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pistol Pete
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    For me it was really easy leveling up. I did 23-40 in 3 days with leves. I had my leves built up to 99 and I still have 70 left after those 3 days. Just spam leves if you want to level DoL up. Im gathering mats for DoH so it helps. I will continue to spam leves to 50 as that is what seems easiest and fastest while adding food bonus, rested xp, and manuals. On my server a stack of cobalt ore is around 400k, so at 40 you can probably farm those to make some good money and lvl up miner. Myhtril ore and electrum ore seem to cost a lot as well, so you can level up on those. I get a lot of electrum ore while spamming halatali leves.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Celia Coifiere
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Leves, do the Level 25/35/40 leves as soon as their available (at levels 20/30/35 respectively).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Schneizel Alstreim
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Leves are the best way (as others have stated).
    In my personal experience (lv 46!!) I found it better to just do normal grinding in Iron Lake (it's super easy to navigate + cobalt always sells) using the GC manuals. I did normal grindind from 35 to 44, but since we need another DoL for Hamlet I've started using leves to speed up the process and get to 50.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thanos Xiv
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Spam leves - rested exp + food + manual + sweat of brow (only have sweat of brow set and nothing else) it doesnt proc a lot but when it does OMG! also stack output so you have more hits per node.

From what I remember is the faster you do the leve you get a speed bonus as well so dont bother mining other nodes while you are on a leve, waste of time if you are trying to level faster. Do it fast and get speed bonus.

Also the best leves if i remember when i did it was in Grid until 40 and then off to uldah to get halatali leves
    (1)