- [dev1441] The following special quest has been added:
This quest is necessary to gain access to special job-specific weaponry, and will require a great deal of time and dedication to complete. Further updates to the storyline will also be added in forthcoming patches.
Quest Title Client Location A Relic Reborn Gerolt East Shroud (50,32)
- [dev1001][dev1002] The following sidequests have been added:
To trigger these quests, players must first obtain a Gauwyn the Gannet Wanted Notice from Otopa Pottopa, who can be found on the Merchant Strip (6,4) in Ul’dah. Otopa Pottopa will only give notices to those who have already completed each of the following three quests:
Quest Title Client Location The Usual Suspect - The Hourglass (Ul’dah) In Plain Sight - The Roost (Gridania) Private Eyes - The Mizzenmast Inn (Limsa Lominsa)The Ink Thief (Limsa Lominsa), Waste Not Want Not (Gridania), Ring of Deceit (Ul’dah)Once the item has been obtained, players will then need to log out from their own room at one of the aforementioned inns, and log back in after a certain amount of time has passed.
* Players who accidentally dispose of the wanted notice may obtain another by speaking again with Otopa Pottopa.
* The wanted notice is a quest item only used to trigger The Usual Suspects, In Plain Sight, and Private Eyes, and will not be used for any other purpose.
* Please note this quest will not trigger should the maximum number of quests already be underway, even when the necessary conditions are fulfilled.
Players can enter their inn rooms by speaking with innkeeps.
Inn Innkeep Location The Hourglass Kopuru Fupuru Ul'dah Merchant Strip (6,5) The Roost V'korolon Gridania (6,6) The Mizzenmast Inn Mytesyn Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks (7,5)
- [dev1003] The following Grand Company quests have been added:
• The three “United We Stand” quests feature a battle recommended for parties of 4–8 Disciples of War or Magic level 45 or higher.
Quest Title Client Location Don't Hate the Messenger (Limsa Lominsa) Guincum Limsa Lominsa, Maelstrom Command (1,1) Don't Hate the Messenger (Gridania) Syro Fulke Gridania, The Adder’s Nest (1,1) Don't Hate the Messenger (Ul'dah) Hollin Aubrey Ul’dah, The Hall of Flames (1,1) United We Stand (Limsa Lominsa) Jakys Ryder Mor Dhona (9,13) United We Stand (Gridania) Jakys Ryder Mor Dhona (9,13) United We Stand (Ul'dah) Jakys Ryder Mor Dhona (9,13) Oil Crisis Syngsmyd Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks (7,7) A Taste for Death Zuzupoja Gridania (6,5) Challenge Accepted I'paghlo Ul'dah Merchant Strip (5,4)
- [dev1424] The Garlean stronghold Castrum Novum is now accessible.
The stronghold is made up of several sectors, each separated by heavy gates, and populated by a wide array of powerful foes. Stronghold searchlights can be used to discern which gates are open and closed.
* Locked coffers can also be found throughout the stronghold.
Name Location Castrum Novum Mor Dhona (6,12)
- [dev1425] The following changes have been made to caravan escort duty:
- Completing any of the Don't Hate the Messenger quests will allow players to undertake caravan escort duty for Grand Companies other than their own.
* Players will always be rewarded in seals from their own Grand Company.
- Several new rewards are now being offered.
- A variety of new enemies have been spotted attacking caravans.
- Experience point rewards for Disciples of the Land and the Hand have been reduced.
- [dev1426] Treasure coffers have been added in the following areas:The Aurum Vale / Cutter's Cry* These coffers will only appear after accepting the quest “A Relic Reborn” and fulfilling certain special requirements.
- [dev1427] The following changes have been made to Hamlet Defense:
- The top three provisioners will now receive a reward bonus when participating in a victorious campaign.
- Bonus points awarded for the following two achievements have been increased:
- All Melee Units Dispatched
- All Magic Units Dispatched
- The highest-rated treasure coffer will appear upon obtaining a cumulative score of 60,000 or better.
- The number of points required to raise a player's supply rating have been reduced for the hamlet defense battles on Ragnarok only.
- Time remaining until the next beastman strike can be viewed on the Timers tab located under Attributes in the main menu.
* Players must have participated in Hamlet Defense at least once for this timer to appear.
- New militia archers have been stationed in the following locations:Aleport, Western La Noscea (11,23)
Hyrstmill, North Shroud (24,14)
Gold Bazaar, Eastern Thanalan (39,19)
- [dev1428] Sanctions can now be received from all three Grand Companies, regardless of affiliation.
To receive sanction from a Grand Company outside their affiliation, players must first have completed one of the Don't Hate the Messenger quests and have been promoted to at least sergeant.
- [dev1429] The following chapters have been added to The Unending Journey, accessible from inn rooms:The following requirements must be met to access instanced raid cutscenes:
- Instanced Raids
- Hamlet Defense: Participate in a victorious campaign.
- Instanced Dungeons: Defeat the area boss.
- The Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak: Defeat Shaula.
- [dev1430] A new aetherial gate has been discovered.
* No changes will be made to the “Taking in the Sights: Mor Dhona” achievement.
Name Location Jagged Crest Cave Mor Dhona (9,13)
- [dev1431] Several new enemies have been added.
- [dev1442] The area of effect for the chimera Voice of the Dragon action has been expanded.
* This adjustment is being made to balance changes to class and job actions made in patch 1.22a.
- [dev1432] Several new items have been introduced.
Items added in patch 1.22b
- [dev1433] Several adjustments have been made to expeditionary missions.
The following items are now being requested:
- Target: Ifrit - The Bowl of Embers (Hard)
Required Rank: Sergeant Second Class or higher
Item Seals Ifrit's Claws 2,800 Ifrit's Blade 2,800 Ifrit's Battleaxe 2,800 Ifrit's Bow 2,800 Ifrit's Harpoon 2,800 Ifrit's Cudgel 2,800 Ifrit's Cane 2,800
- Target: Notorious Monsters
Required Rank: Private Second Class or higher
Item Seals Uraeus Skin 1,200 Dodore Wing 800
- [dev1434] The rate at which elements grow unstable or chaotic has been adjusted.
Increasing Control reduces this rate.
- [dev1435] New synthesis recipes have been added.
Recipes added in patch 1.22b
- [dev1436] An option to display a breakdown of multi-hit weaponskill attack results has been added.
- [dev1437] The following options have been added to under main menu » Configuration
- Map Transparency
Adjusts the transparency of the world map.
- Log Settings
- Log Auto-hide
When set to On, doing nothing for a period of 60 seconds will cause the text displayed in the log to be hidden.
* This option can also be set using the /textclear text command./textclear, /tc
USAGE: /textclear [log #] [subcommand]
The [log #] value (1–2) designates the log window.
on Turn on the log text auto-hide feature.
off Turn off the log text auto-hide feature.
Toggle between on and off when no subcommand is specified.
* By default, this feature is set to off.
- Text Transparency
Adjusts the transparency of text displayed in the log.
- Display Detailed Weaponskill Damage
When set to Off, only the number of hits and total damage will be displayed for multi-hit weaponskills.
- [dev1438] Subcommands for the /search (/who) text command can be input directly in the language selected in the FINAL FANTASY XIV Config.
* Searches can also be made using words found in the auto-translate dictionary.Ex.)
To search for a gladiator in English, the following command format can be used:/search gladiator
- [dev1439] An ever-so-subtle animating effect has been added to the targeting cursor when moving between targets.
- [dev1440] The Mor Dhona region has been split into smaller areas.
* The new area borders are indicated by the red lines in the image below.
- [dev1443] Imperial stronghold markers have been added to the minimap.
- Random class and job changes no longer occur during combat.
- Pressing cancel while selecting a slot for the Action Bar Layout no longer closes the entire Actions & Traits screen.
- The bars under the actions for each class on the Actions & Traits screen are now displayed in the correct color.
- Icons on the action bar no longer light up when the corresponding actions cannot be performed.
- Settings for the number of members being sought in the party recruitment feature now function properly.
- The items dropped by wandering wights have been corrected.
- The Return feature now works when a player is KO’d while performing Stone Throw and other actions.
- Minimap markers now appear properly during hamlet defense battles.
- Graphics for certain items now display properly when equipped by certain races.
- The display of Dalamud under certain conditions has been corrected.
- Toggling the Target Highlight option under main menu » Configuration » Target Settings to On now displays the correct highlight brightness.
- The targeting cursor no longer lingers for a period of several seconds when a target lock is removed under certain conditions in The Howling Eye, The Howling Eye (Hard), and Good King Moogle Mog XII battles.
- The cursor now functions properly when moved using the up, down, left, and right directional controls.
- Certain functions of the /search text command have been corrected.
- Materia melding level information is now displayed in the help text of items found using the item search feature.
- Repair level information is now displayed in the help text of items found using the item search feature.
- Market area system messages no longer appear when purchasing items directly through the item search feature.
- The explanatory text for the conjurer trait Enhanced Magic Crit Potency has been corrected.
- Party members in an area other than that of the leader now receive a message notifying them when a member leaves the party.
- Certain popup help text messages have been corrected.
- Certain system messages have been corrected.
- Messages for certain NPCs have been corrected.
- Text for certain achievements has been corrected.
- The list of classes which can equip the following items has been corrected:Aubriest’s Allegory / Militia Hat / Militia Belt
- All ringband item names have been changed to the plural, ringbands (ex. dodoskin ringband is now dodoskin ringbands). Players with macros containing these item names are asked to please adjust them accordingly.
- Auto-translation dictionary entries now appear in the correct order.
- Synthesizing during hamlet defense battles no longer causes the game to switch to the synthesis background music.
- The correct sound effects are now played when using song abilities as an archer or bard.
- Sound effects for certain areas have been corrected.
- Traveling to certain locations in northern Thanalan no longer causes players to be warped before Cutter’s Cry.
- Cutscenes for instanced raids may also appear under the Sidequests tab when viewing The Unending Journey in an inn room.
- Icons are not displayed next to the names of certain quests in The Unending Journey.
- Messages do not display correctly when viewing certain cutscenes in The Unending Journey.
- Text commands do not function properly after purchasing an item not in your inventory from either a bazaar or retainer.
* Players experiencing this difficulty are asked to please log out and log back in.
- Map Transparency settings are not reflected on maps opened via the Journal.