Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Norack Sunstorm
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    I just read it as Final Fantasy XIV (14) still but with the roman I (1) replaced with the singular programing OR (|) symbol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kasu Muni
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Sky Box
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55
    I hope they dont do this, and the reason is selfish.

XIVPads sounds natural.

XVPads does not.

plz SE dont do it =D
    (1)
    Last edited by viion; 06-06-2012 at 11:10 PM.

Player
    Character
    Vynce Walker
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrick View Post
    For the general public, | isn't the same as I. It looks like a style choice rather than a numeral.
    Right observation, but probably incorrect on the conclusion. I don't think its a style choice so much as a marketing choice. We all know XIV has a very very very bad stigma attached to it. If anyone sees XIV on the box it will conjure up images of fail. They don't want to rename it to XV for obvious reasons...the biggest one is you can't simply abandon a project after all that campaigning. So the compromise was simple: keep the name, but make it look like something else. To the general public, X|V is XV. We do not interpret an line as an I, because it just doesn't look anything like that in english. Technically it is an I, but it will be perceived as a border between X and V. In short, the game retains its name but will always be seen as XV on the cover. When ppl are shopping around, they will assume it is a brand new game..and not a 2.0 version of XIV. Brilliant if you ask me, bloody brilliant.

EDIT: I was a noob and forgot there was an actual line key bahaha
    (3)
    Last edited by Lux_Rayna; 06-06-2012 at 08:09 AM.

Player
    Character
    Not Applicable
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 60
    xXxf1n4lxf4nta5yxXxX|VxXx (Can I have it?)
    (2)

Player

I wondered about the new logo design choice and initially thought that "Are they about to go balls deep and make this XIV and XV at the same time?"

I chalked it up as over-thinking it, admittedly... But I have to say, I am not entirely convinced that this isn't their intention, now.

It would be a pretty ingenious way to pull in brand new customers (it's got a new number, must have) while keeping the existing ones connected to the progression (it is still XIV to us).

After the surprisingly strong statement made by Yoshida, his dev team, and the PR team today (the screen-shots, concept art, media sneak-peek of 2.0 in action), I can't seem to put anything past them.

But again... It is probably over-thought.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tumblr Witchhunt
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Oh my god you guys.

Look.

They need a way to DIFFERENTIATE Final Fantasy XIV from, you know, Final Fantasy XIV without giving it some tacky 2.0 tag or trying to pass it off as a sequel which it is CLEARLY not.

Final Fantasy XIV has turned into Final Fantasy X|V. It looks different, yes? Yes. Okay.

It is not Final Fantasy XV. It is not Final Fantasy Ten|Five. It is not Final Fantasy Duodecim Five Four Fifteen Two 1/2-10. It is simply FINAL FANTASY X|V.

JFC.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Llen Coram
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    My name is Chief Sergent Coram, and this is my favourite joke thread on the forums.
    (2)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Ganvire View Post
    Oh my god you guys.

Look.

They need a way to DIFFERENTIATE Final Fantasy XIV from, you know, Final Fantasy XIV without giving it some tacky 2.0 tag or trying to pass it off as a sequel which it is CLEARLY not.

Final Fantasy XIV has turned into Final Fantasy X|V. It looks different, yes? Yes. Okay.

It is not Final Fantasy XV. It is not Final Fantasy Ten|Five. It is not Final Fantasy Duodecim Five Four Fifteen Two 1/2-10. It is simply FINAL FANTASY X|V.

JFC.
    It really is not an issue... Let people speculate or predict. I chalked my opinion up as over-thought, precisely because of this kind of dribble. Players are having a great day, full of excitement and anticipation. Can't you hold your negativity back for one day?

JFK. (Just for kicks)
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by NotApplicable View Post
    xXxf1n4lxf4nta5yxXxX|VxXx (Can I have it?)
    I have it already... It's no XIV, but it's okay.
    (0)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast