Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Delsus View Post
    SO tell me (no one has managed yet) why didn't Yoshi choose Miqo'te as an example of mammalian demi-beastmen?
    Maybe because they are already ingame, I guess.

And don't forget:
    Mammalian demi-beastmen (ex. a rabbit-eared race such as the Viera from FFXII, etc.)
    (0)
    Last edited by Felis; 06-05-2012 at 07:45 AM.

Player
    Character
    Charlemagne Ifrit
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Frankly I think the rabbit people look stupid. Rabbits aren't people, rabbits are dinner.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Zohar Lumani
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmakan View Post
    I hate the FFXIV community sometimes.
    I hate it all the time. Just saying. We have Miqote, don't need another "cute" race. Then again I suppose we have an equal amount right now.

If anything I would have preferred to see something that deliberately fit more, like an actual tribe of beastmen pre-existing either having been changed by magic, or intermingled with present races. Or a draconic type race.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sabaku Usagi
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Delsus View Post
    SO tell me (no one has managed yet) why didn't Yoshi choose Miqo'te as an example of mammalian demi-beastmen? if there was nothing more in it. Because overall that is what they are, and it would show that they mean humanoids with mammalian features.

They didn't need to choose Viera they arent the only mammalian demi-beastmen in FF to use as an example.
    Glad i'm not the only person to pick up on this >_>" I think it's a freudian slip on Yoshi's part, and he will adjust questions in the future. I hate to get my hopes up, but as much as I liked Freya I would be disappointed if we didn't have Viera. I would enjoy seeing both races in FFXIV though.

It would be cool if they made the Ququrins to look more like Freya~
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Perrina Avolara
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 21
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    You know that Viera was used as an example of what a 'mammalian demi-beastman race' is, right?

And that the question itself wasn't "do you want Viera?"

And that the answer doesn't mean that Viera will literally be implemented?
    lol I was thinking the same thing. "People saw "Viera", didn't read anything else and voted for it.

A textbook case of the typical forum goer... They only see what they want to. Nothing else registers.

Guaranteed that if Viera aren't implemented, but something of the same general description given in the poll is in its place, you're going to see people saying things along the line of "WTF! SE doesn't listen to their players! They asked if we wanted Viera and the vast majority clearly did! But we didn't get them!"

Can't wait to see how it pans out.
    (3)
    Last edited by Preypacer; 06-05-2012 at 07:45 AM.

Player
    Character
    Not Applicable
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by charlemagne View Post
    Frankly I think the rabbit people look stupid. Rabbits aren't people, rabbits are dinner.
    Cats are also dinner, but there are still cat people in XIV.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Delsus Highwind
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis View Post
    Maybe because they are already ingame, I guess.

And don't forget:
    Well perfect Miqo'te are in game we could see basicly what a mammalian demi-beastman would look like in the graphics for the game, we could see the type of model it would have been the perfect example, and there would be no bias to get Miqo'te in the game because its already there. The only logic for not choosing Miqo'te for the example is to hint its something they have been looking into, tell me one other reason they would not want to use an example in game so we know what it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Preypacer View Post
    lol I was thinking the same thing. "People saw "Viera", didn't read anything else and voted for it.

A textbook case of the typical forum goer... They only see what they want to. Nothing else registers.

Guaranteed that if Viera aren't implemented, but something of the same general description given in the poll is in its place, you're going to see people saying things along the line of "WTF! SE doesn't listen to their players! They asked if we wanted Viera and the vast majority clearly did! But we didn't get them!"

Can't wait to see how it pans out.
    Text book case of looking futher into it, logically they should have used Miqo'te as the example because its in game and for the reasons above, and Yoshi-P's wording in the letter seems to show it was a mistake adding that (possible leak) or something cheeky to add for discussion, to see what the community thought of the idea.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Siorai Aduaidh
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabaku_Usagi View Post
    I could have posted a previous picture I posted...

But I didn't ;P I did the lazy man search and grabbed one of the first ones. They already said they are going to let females adjust their boobs, and the dudes can adjust their bulge... How is that not overly-sexualized? In the end, you wear armor, and that mostly restricts what you see. It's not like everyone is going to run around naked... or are they?
    I think we can agree that official SE art gives the best representation of the race.

But you're correct about the armor.

Let's not kid ourselves, we all know that Viera will all end up looking like:
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Delsus Highwind
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
    I think we can agree that official SE art gives the best representation of the race.

Hmm is everyone gonna imgfail for me today?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post

I fixed the image link a bit
    (0)

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast