Player

Paladin and Warrior

Need some advise on which job to level next. Have 50 BLM and 50 WVR and was looking into either WAR or PLD. Now this is mainly for endgame but I'm hearing that WAR is a better endgame tanking/useful job? I've been gone from the game for a while and just returned about 3 weeks ago so haven't really xp'ed with either job. I would love to level PLD seeing as how useful it was end game FFXI but if WAR is better then that's the route I'd have to take. Ideally I'd love to level bard but hate that I have to level ranger..
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    The simple answer is which is more fun to you?
    You're the one paying to play the game play it how you want.

Since you already have a 50 Black Mage I highly doubt you'll struggle with groups for stuff.

In my opinion though paladin is alot better than is was and can generate more emnity than your joe average warrior can but a decent warrior properly using antagonise godsbane combos etc will in my experience over the last few days still out do a paladin for most things even with a lower standard of gear.

But I honestly say just level which you think you'll enjoy most. I levelled dragoon for the paragons and never will I play it again..... I don't enjoy it so I don't play it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dzian; 06-01-2012 at 12:45 AM.

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Tested a pld in av the other day, it still sucks. Hate generation is a serious issue.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by syntaxlies View Post
    Tested a pld in av the other day, it still sucks. Hate generation is a serious issue.
    We use a PLD tank quite often, hate generation on PLD is just fine assuming the player knows what they are doing. Pop a maddening pot at the start of battle and hate is not an issue at all. IMO it's the player, not the job at this point. The only reason to bring a WAR over a PLD now is for more DPS, or if you need steel cyclone for quick and strong physical aoe, such as the Garuda fight or Princess, etc..
    (2)

Player

Tested PLD in both AV/CC, never have issues and actually preferable in our party. Hate was the last thing i needed to worry. I'd personally suggest to level Paladin OP, pretty fun class to me.
    (0)
    Last edited by Chardrizard; 06-01-2012 at 12:47 AM.

Player

I'm thinking beyond level 50 cap, whenever that is, PLD might be the more useful job endgame. Hope more is announced soon on what adjustments are being made that separates PLD from WAR in the "hate" department. If they do increase the cap to say 75, I think then we will begin to see the difference. Kinda like in FFXI when WAR could tank til about level 40 then it was straight PLD or NIN.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly_Millions View Post
    We use a PLD tank quite often, hate generation on PLD is just fine assuming the player knows what they are doing. Pop a maddening pot at the start of battle and hate is not an issue at all. IMO it's the player, not the job at this point. The only reason to bring a WAR over a PLD now is for more DPS, or if you need steel cyclone for quick and strong physical aoe, such as the Garuda fight or Princess, etc..
    I'm sure pld is fine for the casual party
    (0)