Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player

Quote Originally Posted by Velhart View Post
    Windows 8 is mostly a media upgrade. It's technical improvements are very minimal at best and I am just going to skip to Windows 9.
    I wouldn't call improvement brought by wddm 1.2 "very minimal".
    (0)
    Antipika.
    Deathsmiles II-X - Difficulty Lv.2+ (1CC/2LC ALL clear) : http://youtu.be/pjRuwv_-MlI?hd=1
    Touhou 13 - Ten Desires (all clear) : http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=PL194872B2BBA7CA67
    Touhou 12.5 - Double Spoiler (all clear) : http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=BD180E7054F3C1A2
    Touhou 9.5 - Shoot the Bullet (all clear) : http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=53B01AAE8A03BDD1
    Touhou 8 - Imperishable Night (all clear) : http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=7A5C1FF6BDAD1C1B

Player
    Character
    Velhart Aurion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Which comes back to "minimal", these numbers are only by a few seconds. I won't spend 200+ dollars on an OS that is only a few seconds faster. It also hasn't shown gaming improvements either, unless I missed it.

Of course there will be improvements over Windows 7, that is a no brainer, but is the upgrade significant enough to make me want to upgrade? In my opinion, no. Vista > Windows 7 was a dramatic OS upgrade. When Windows does something like that again, I will upgrade.
    (1)
    Last edited by Velhart; 06-02-2012 at 01:23 AM.

Player
    Character
    Cthulhu Theeldar
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Yeah, 30 seconds shaved off of 10 min worth of tasks. Most of that was during boot. Not exactly compelling for the price they will be asking for the OS.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    What is best in life?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernehalwes View Post
    To crush our enemies, see them driven before us, and hear the lamentations of their women.

Player
    Character
    R'nangho Thorne
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Player
    Character
    Chie Kaisuri
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    I'll be skipping Windows 8 unless the OS looks more like a desktop computer and less like a tablet.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahaara View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about the removal of the windows button, but Aero is an unoptimized piece of crap that hogs resources like they are going out of style.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I think window 8 should have been a Window 7 SP2 but you know that just me lol
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly_Millions View Post
    I was gonna keep quiet, but this comment made me speak up. What exactly is the advantage of windows 8 over windows 7 on a desktop without a touchscreen? It's my understanding that W8 has huge advances in usability for tablet PCs, but what advantages does it have for non-tablet PCs?
    I don't know, that's why I made the comment. I've been told there are a lot of back-end (performance, resource management) improvements. Beyond that, I hadn't really heard much about win8 at all.

the original design of Windows (1) worked for the time. windows 95 was a stripped down badly butchered NT (2), 98 was much better (3), ME was LOL (4), XP was the biggest improvement to windows in a long time (5), Vista was terrible (6) Windows 7 made it a lot better (7) and now Windows 8.... well, we'll see if it breaks the pattern.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-02-2012 at 05:26 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kitamura Seiju
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I wouldn't call a game that crashes every time UAC wants something from you compatible. Lucky 2.0 should fix that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Deatheye View Post
    I wouldn't call a game that crashes every time UAC wants something from you compatible. Lucky 2.0 should fix that.
    so does windowed mode, fyi.
    (0)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast