Player
    Character
    Than Mazus
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70

Automatically failing guildleves from disconnect?

The last time I played this game was at release, and I figured I'd come check the game out again, given the welcome back and legacy campaigns.

I was shocked to see that this is still a thing that happens. I lost connection for about 30 to 60 seconds and was kicked back to the character select screen. I logged back in immediately, only to find that my guildleve had been failed. Automatically failed a 30 minute leve after being disconnected for 1 minute. It's almost like I could have killed the ONE imp and wisp remaining on my level with the rest of my time.

However, now at least, I can spend another leve allowance to retry the leve. I can spend 2 leve allowances to complete 1 leve, because my connection was wonky for a minute.

Can some sort of timer be added or something to have a grace period for disconnects? Losing 1 of my 4 allowances granted for a 12 hour period over a 1 minute disconnect seems a little ridiculous.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    I can guarantee this won't be fixed before 2.0, but does anyone know if it's been said that this will be fixed post-2.0?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Than Mazus
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Lost a Leve History bonus one this morning, and my internet wasn't even disconnected. Just a random boot back to the character screen, and I'm out of allowances. Wonderful.

Seriously, what kind of nonsense is this? I was able to log RIGHT back in, and I had literally just started the leve. 29 minutes left on the clock, completely wasted.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Blaise Lallaise
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    At release, and for some time after, the following were true of leves:

1. Leves were the best way to gain XP and level up.
    2. The number of leves able to be done in one session was highly limited.

Back then, losing a leve to DC was a big deal. With the changes since then, this is now true of leves:

1. Leves are only one of a number of viable ways to effectively gain XP and level up.
    2. You can build up 99 leve allowances and do as many or as few as you wish in one sitting.

As you can see, or will eventually find out, losing a leve to DC every now and then has now become no more than a minor nuisance. A bigger nuisance, imo, is having to go back to town after every 8 leves to pick up a new set. Suffice it to say, I doubt making changes to this is very high on the priority list.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Than Mazus
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaiseLallaise View Post

Back then, losing a leve to DC was a big deal. With the changes since then, this is now true of leves:

1. Leves are only one of a number of viable ways to effectively gain XP and level up.
    2. You can build up 99 leve allowances and do as many or as few as you wish in one sitting.

As you can see, or will eventually find out, losing a leve to DC every now and then has now become no more than a minor nuisance. A bigger nuisance, imo, is having to go back to town after every 8 leves to pick up a new set. Suffice it to say, I doubt making changes to this is very high on the priority list.
    While it's true that improvements to the overall system have been made, if you do all of your leves in a day, a DC is still 12.5% of your daily allotment, assuming it only happens once. Just because I have the capacity to hold 99 leves doesn't mean I HAVE 99 leves on which to fall back. I just started playing again, so I was capped at 8. If I had 99 leves, losing one wouldn't have bothered me enough to start a thread.

If we had more leves gained in a day, or a way to recover from a disconnect rather than lose an allowance, it would be even less of an issue.

Being a "minor nuisance" doesn't stop it from being a nuisance.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    I don't agree with BlaiseLallaise really, its annoying regardless of how many leves you have, granted its more annoying when your leve allowance is low because they are more important.

It's not just that though, for me if I have been on a leve for a while and DC on the last mob that is highly infuriating, as someone said this is 100% not going to get fixed prior to 2.0 but I sure hope they have something in place for 2.0.

It looks like guildleves won't be the main way to solo level in 2.0 though... with any luck.

It's kind of even more ridiculous when you can DC in a sidequest and keep your progress but not in a guildleve, what's the purpose of the timer anyway ?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Taggerung Juskarath
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaiseLallaise View Post

Many ways? Ok.. so you can grind solo, grind with a party, or get PL'd. Oh so many ways...
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Bobbin Threadbare
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    however it may looks, it still annoying for me in the end having quest cancelled automatically when u dced. Funny this thing didn't happen in some close instance like dungeons or primals.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Punainen Drak
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    I'd also like to not be kicked out of my dungeon by a disconnect. I was running through Toto-Rak, and the other pt member left (whoot more treasure for me), but by the time I was ALMOST finished the ENTIRE run, I got disconnected for a whopping 60 seconds...only to log back in and be told I was booted for connectivity issues. :|
    (1)