Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Ryan Shori
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Its a fictional character. It doesnt have to be a perfect recreation of you.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Ash Kechum
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Who cares? Stop dragging this nonsense into every single aspect of life. Its a video game, who cares what NPCs call you?! They aren’t real!!!
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Ange Mon
    World
    Seraph
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 56
    Quote Originally Posted by Shori View Post
    Its a fictional character. It doesnt have to be a perfect recreation of you.
    Stop feeding the troll.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ange Mon
    World
    Seraph
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 56
    Quote Originally Posted by chaotix69 View Post
    Who cares? Stop dragging this nonsense into every single aspect of life. Its a video game, who cares what NPCs call you?! They aren’t real!!!
    Stop feeding the troll.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Friel Wyndor
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by mythgraven View Post
    Stop feeding the troll.
    Imagine bumping the topic multiple times just to remind people not to "feed the troll." Who is the real troll here?
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Rhel'a Tayuun
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 82
    I fully support this! I love it when games have this option, especially if a gender neutral option (they/them and the equivalents for the other languages/some workaround for languages that lack it) is included. Though, I tend to pick my characters in a way to where it generally aligns, I know sometimes it isn't that simple- maybe your character looks one way but prefers to be called differently (like, irl I look like a guy but when I wear a mask I tend to get misgendered sometimes). I can imagine this being put as a settings option or something you pick via hair dresser and also available during fantasia/creation. The hair dresser option probably would be the best implementation for this. Now, where it would go, I would see it as maybe during character creation it goes right under name (since pronouns are often a social definer in some way, a marker of sorts). As for with the hair dresser maybe an option at the very top? Or bottom, the last thing. Somewhere that tangentially is linked. You can't really change your character's name on a whim, so it would have to be its own thing for that.
    This gives me a fun thought. Maybe the WoL wants to try new pronouns but wants to practice with someone rather than just a mirror. Once confirmed the other NPCs don't question it.
    edit: I'm really tempted to draw a short comic about this.
    (3)
    Last edited by Local_Custard; 10-09-2023 at 02:16 PM.
    I love the men in this game

I finally return to the game! Current goal: getting all my jobs to 90

Player
    Character
    Whispering Whiskers
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    How about no.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Ange Mon
    World
    Seraph
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 56
    Quote Originally Posted by Coratanni View Post
    How about no.
    Stop feeding the troll.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ash Kechum
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    I don't believe anyone here is homophobic or transphobic. As so many have already pointed out, immediately falling back and calling someone homophobic/transphobic is just dismissive, and makes you look ignorant. I can only speculate, but I think that everyone here is responding the way they are because they already deal with these issues in society everyday. The LGBTQ+ community has become such a toxic minority to the point where people have to either conform to their ideals or be labeled as some kind of disgusting human being. People come to this game to get away from reality and just relax and have fun with others. Inside the confines of this game, no gender politics, LGBTQ+ drama, or any other political issues should matter. But even in a fantasy game that has complete anonymity, it's just never enough. Its the entitlement and the narcissism of these said individuals that people are taking issue with.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Hayley Westenra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Please keep politics out of this game and just play it as intended. I’m a male in real life and I play a gorgeous female Elezen character. Just have fun!
    (2)

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast