Player
    Character
    Bam Sully
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    BLM isn't 20% more powerful, and nobody that isn't BLM/whm is limited by MP. This would be an INSANE and totally unnecessary nerf.
    How about 10%? ;D

The trade-off for being limited by their MP when other damage-dealing classes aren't would be that BLM can attack effectively from a safe distance, they still have crazy AoE and they don't have to worry about positioning when it comes to combos. I'm not seeing how a damage nerf would be OMG INSANE.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The main problem was that BLMs could nuke heavily with no consequenses because of collusion. Now, they still gain some enmity, so they'll take hate sooner after the effect wears off.
    Nerfing collusion is nothing, it has barely made any sort of a difference to BLM. BLM's can still go to town after the tank gets a little hate, not to mention that nerfing collusion affects all classes, not just BLM.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kouji Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 58
    Quote Originally Posted by UmJammerSully View Post
    How about 10%? ;D

The trade-off for being limited by their MP when other damage-dealing classes aren't would be that BLM can attack effectively from a safe distance, they still have crazy AoE and they don't have to worry about positioning when it comes to combos. I'm not seeing how a damage nerf would be OMG INSANE.

Nerfing collusion is nothing, it has barely made any sort of a difference to BLM. BLM's can still go to town after the tank gets a little hate, not to mention that nerfing collusion affects all classes, not just BLM.

so can all the other dds. and all the Other DDs got awesome buffs theres no reason to nerf Blm. Its working as intended the 1 spell line it has which will be gimp at ramuh or titan or and lightning based or earth based mobs. And you keep saying Fire line which is only good on trash mobs. And youll burn through you mp in no time against a boss mob.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Airget View Post
    o_O now I"m confused what exactly did they do to ARC/BRD aside from adding a recast to light shot when WS are used lol?
    Nothing to be confused about, you understood the change correctly.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kouji Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 58
    or i guess you guys want Arc to return to the overpower job it use to be and ppl stacked Arc to everything and killed faster than Thm cause Thm didnt have refresh back then and once they ran outta mp they could do anything.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Urhgan Leo
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    I'm jus wondering...is people complaining their loved class/job being badly nerfed because they can't play it well enough?
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Kouji Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 58
    Quote Originally Posted by urhryu View Post
    I'm jus wondering...is people complaining their loved class/job being badly nerfed because they can't play it well enough?
    yup
    /10char
    (1)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Funny, whenever I try this, the monster starts attacking me and I die.
    Nuking totally all-out will either 1) run you out of MP, forcing you to sit around for a while to get it back, or 2) cause you to die or at least be disruptive to the fight.

As someone else pointed out, besides the nerf to collusion and WAR AoE most jobs got buffed. since BLM wasn't changed, that's another indirect nerf because other jobs got better while BLM stayed the same.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Not Applicable
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by urhryu View Post
    Hahahahahahaaa. You're hilarious.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kouji Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 58
    truth hurts doesnt it
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Isagael Rose
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Alright, I'll try and tackle your points.
    Ballad of Magi pretty much solves any MP issues they once had with the content we have right now (especially primals), and if the battle is long enough to put a BLM to zero MP, it really doesn't take too long of a rest period to bring it back to full again. I'd say your "2 mins or less" is also way off, black mages have to pace themselves to avoid getting hate.
    You're not getting it...1. Conserving MP = not damaging. BLM's aren't standing back there Auto-attacking. Therefore Melee DD's have an upper hand in keeping CONSTANT damage up. 2. While yes, Ballad helps, it REQUIRES having a Bard in the party to have it. It's not something a BLM can do to themselves to improve their own game. So yes, MP conservation is part of the game, but when talking raw damage, BLM needs to constantly Nuke to out DPS a traditional Melee and over a long battle, that gets harder and harder to do.

The 2 minutes thing: I was basing that on being able to keep constant nukes going ...like a DD can constantly DD. Without assuming you have a Bard in a Party. I understand it doesn't happen in practice due to reasons you mentioned (MP conservation/EMN) ...But that just proves my point. BLM has their limits already placed on them that forces their damage output to be lower than they potentially could dish out.

As above, good black mages will pace themselves and watch their hate. They can still dish out crazy damage whilst being careful not to pull hate.
    Monk and Warrior and Lancer can all do crazy damage too. It's just their individual auto attack and WS/combo numbers are smaller, but constant. The main issue is in order to compete with BLM damage, Melee need to be able to stay more or less stationary and not spend time running from AOE damage....that is NOT Black Mage's fault. That is a battle mechanic fault. Black Mages are usually getting higher damage numbers not because they are the most awesome DD, but because they aren't as affected by mob ranged attacks and can keep doing Damage. Again, not a Black Mage problem...battle design problem.

I disagree, BLM's with full AF might not have the ridiculous damage melded folks put out but are still pretty damn decent. Still a better choice thank MNK or DRG in most situations.
    It's not that AF doesn't support decent damage...BLM isn't just about your potential damage, you get resisted ONCE, and it can mess up your whole spell set/Mana pool. It's the resists BLM's are trying to avoid by upgrading their gears.

Basically at the end of the day, instead of asking to nerf a class/job because it can out-damage your preferred job/class and/or is 'stacked' more often than your favorite, maybe instead spend time asking for more varied content/battles etc. that make different classes/jobs specalists for that fight. There is nothing wrong with the damage output blm has. It's spike damage...Monk, WAR,Dragoon ALL do good damage too, it's just steady damage.
    (3)

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast