Player
    Character
    Y'ruh Tia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90

Retainer Level?

I know this has been brought up before, but why do retainers have levels? I see "Level 1" on both of my retainers in the list, and it's been there since launch if I remember. I was wondering why it's STILL there and if there will be some way to implement it in the future. Maybe increased storage or decreased taxes or something for higher level retainers? How would they level up?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    They don't. It was an idea that has either been scrapped or delayed until post 2.0.

Why is it still displayed? Because it takes some amount of work to remove, probably.
    (0)

Community Rep
    Originally we had envisioned a variety of content for retainers, but we held off on them and kept retainers as they are currently. In version 2.0, we are planning to expand their uses beyond just the current bazaar system, as well as raising their levels and the things they can do. However, we do not have any plans of linking the inventory slot numbers to their levels, so leveling them up will not yield a greater amount of inventory space.
    (67)
    Bethany "Rukkirii" Stout - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Len Orlan
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    Originally we had envisioned a variety of content for retainers, but we held off on them and kept retainers as they are currently. In version 2.0, we are planning to expand their uses beyond just the current bazaar system, as well as raising their levels and the things they can do. However, we do not have any plans of linking the inventory slot numbers to their levels, so leveling them up will not yield a greater amount of inventory space.
    Thanks for the information, Rukkirii!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Airget Lamh
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Wonder what retainers could do though in place of not increasing their inventory size. The only things that come to mind are perhaps increasing the amount of x item type they can hold, or increase the amount of items they can put up on bazaar. So if you gather a lot of lumber and find yourself holding onto a lot of it, when your retainer levels you can increase the quantity of "wood type" products held by 100%. Or increase bazaar size by 2.

Or maybe since we do have spiritbonding in the game now a lv could also open the option to allow your NPC to work on spiritbonding 1 piece of gear up to 5 pieces of unique equipment upon obtaining 5 lvs or something like that.

It would be neat to see what their original idea of it was though odds are they were going to be concepts to make finding items easier but seeing as that's alrdy done they pretty much have to think of new implementation for a retainers lv lol.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Duelle Urelle
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    I'd like to be able to gear up my retainer and have her follow me around as I generally harrass the populace and kill monsters. The tsukomi to my boke. The straight woman to my generally light personality. If she gains exp while I do so, even better. :O
    (0)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line like good little casters.
    * Design ideas:
    Red Mage - COMPLETE (https://tinyurl.com/y6tsbnjh), Chemist - Second Pass (https://tinyurl.com/ssuog88), Thief - First Pass (https://tinyurl.com/vdjpkoa), Rune Fencer - First Pass (https://tinyurl.com/y3fomdp2)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I guessing they make them like the npc from ffxi where you could fight with them
    (1)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Airget View Post
    Wonder what retainers could do though in place of not increasing their inventory size.
    My retainer's really cute. Maybe I could make him my butler. He could give me foot massages.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jacien Visenad
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Yesssssssss. My kawaii Hyur waifus are gonna be useful to me!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Damien Ramirez
    World
    Shinryu
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    Good idea but what a waste of it!!! if there inventory slot levels dont also increase!!! ~ still like the idea tho
    (0)

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast