Player
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by PSxpert2011 View Post
    BTW, why not add the feature of bazaaring for retainers... "like always, thinking out of the box!"
    Yeah! We could create an instanced room where everyone's retainers could go and bazaar! Call it the "Market... Room..."

And also:

Quote Originally Posted by Gildrein View Post
    Q: Is it possible to have a storefront with a counter in your housing area?

A: Yes, this is possible. We will continue to add objects for the housing area. In order to set up a store within your house, you will need to place a store-like object within your house, have the house accessible to everyone, and then have the retainer act as the seller.
    (0)
    FFXIV player since 1.0 alpha, and still pretty terrible at this game. Thank the Twelve it's not actually hard like FFXI.

Player
    Character
    Psxpert Sylph
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjollnir View Post
    Yeah! We could create an instanced room where everyone's retainers could go and bazaar! Call it the "Market... Room..."
    I think having all retainers under one room was a failed attempt in 1.0... I really didn't mean to use retainers that way, merely use them as traveling merchants and set them in server controlled spots around the world. If a region allows it, it would have a cap of 20~40 retainers across the board. Just saying, why have them in cities when you can spread them out?
    (0)

~'\[[_LEGACY_]]/'~
    TENTs because solo-friendly content forces me to want one!
    (HP + Instantly logout anywhere)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/my/
    *Excalibur* Nation: Limsa Laminsa

Player
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by PSxpert2011 View Post
    I think having all retainers under one room was a failed attempt in 1.0... I really didn't mean to use retainers that way, merely use them as traveling merchants and set them in server controlled spots around the world. If a region allows it, it would have a cap of 20~40 retainers across the board. Just saying, why have them in cities when you can spread them out?
    That'd be a nice idea to flesh out the world and make it seem more 'alive', but it has a huge number of problems.
    • It'd be a major pain in the backside to find specific goods - those who were serious about shifting their items would use the Market Boards.
    • Even if you set up a trading company with a website and an index of goods on sale and prices and plonked a gaggle of retainers out in Little Ala Mhigo (or wherever) to avoid the 5% taxes in the cities, you'd face griefing and other merchants cutting in if you became popular
    • Restricting it to 40 per zone is unfair as it excludes the majority of the server's population and folk will leave empty or dummy retainers there as placeholders and charge others to use them.

The announced plan for retainers to run a storefront in housing zones caters for the second point whilst dealing with the third, but of course detracts from your original idea to have them all around the world. I just don't think that's feasible.
    (1)
    FFXIV player since 1.0 alpha, and still pretty terrible at this game. Thank the Twelve it's not actually hard like FFXI.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12