Thread: Retainer Level?

Player
    Character
    Bobbin Threadbare
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    wait a sec.... we can grind level retainers?
    How?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    Originally we had envisioned a variety of content for retainers, but we held off on them and kept retainers as they are currently. In version 2.0, we are planning to expand their uses beyond just the current bazaar system, as well as raising their levels and the things they can do. However, we do not have any plans of linking the inventory slot numbers to their levels, so leveling them up will not yield a greater amount of inventory space.
    I would love to see something similar, the more options factor but for Path companions too. Thank you for your reply!
    (3)
    Last edited by MStowastiqVahlshdeh; 06-07-2012 at 05:00 PM. Reason: path from travel

Strix: "Behold this collection of grimoires of legend! Feel their power and puissance, and let it fill you with rapturous pleasure...then DIE!"

<>.<>.<>
    Hai! I'm Vahl, in ur mmorpgs, sort'n my inventory and putt'n 2 many H's in my name since FFXI..
    FFXIV Inventory Tetris Champ

Player
    Character
    Punainen Drak
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    I think it would be nice if one of their benefits were to auto-restock their bazaar from their inventory based on your instructions. Or allow them to 'mail' you items from their posts when you're not where they are. And maybe be able to mail them stuff so you don't have to go into town or the wards to drop stuff on them. And check their inventory from anywhere from the menu.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Oddo Senji
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I could See this being just like companions in Swtor, they went and gathered for you at the cost of some gold and also you could have one fight with you. only think i can see a level system on them being used for.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tonka Tuff
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Originally we had envisioned a variety of content for retainers, but we held off on them and kept retainers as they are currently. In version 2.0, we are planning to expand their uses beyond just the current bazaar system, as well as raising their levels and the things they can do. However, we do not have any plans of linking the inventory slot numbers to their levels, so leveling them up will not yield a greater amount of inventory space.
    Does this mean that in 2.0 we will still be utilizing the Market Wards? Will I still have to look up prices from one NPC and then run to my retainer to list my stuff? I feel sick to my tummy...
    (1)

Sig by Rylock

Player
    Character
    Fei'yin Li'telor
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Ah well this explains.. I was always wondering why they had levels. Figured you all at one time had something planned for them which changed with the new team coming into play.
    (0)

Community Rep
    I have a small update regarding retainer levels to share with you.

Based on the feedback we collected in the past, the dev. team is looking to implement different features for your retainer as they level up. For example, we are looking into allowing retainers to perform chores, such as gathering.

As soon as we receive detailed information on leveling up your friendly caretakers and the tasks that they will be able to perform at certain levels, we will be sure to let you know!
    (71)
    Bethany "Rukkirii" Stout - Community Team

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Chores indeed...

Cuts me deep it does.
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Llen Coram
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Oh... yay... SE really hates gathering don't they? From the videos they've shown, it's pretty clear the new gathering system wasn't designed for gatherers. Now gathering is "a chore" that you can get an NPC to do for you?

Way to keep telling us to do something else. Here's a shocker, some of us actually enjoy gathering. I'm really afraid of what you guys did to fishing...
    (15)
    Last edited by LlenCoram; 01-29-2013 at 08:11 AM.

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Here's what I feel Retainer's should do while I"m logged out:

Collect tells I receive: The player "Hiir Noivl" is not online but your /tell has been received by her retainer "Bob"

Repair my gear automatically when stored for a certain amount of time.... *hope this one is not too controversial but I hated having to pull stuff out of retainer, repair it and then put it back so I can sell*

Batch transfer items, while I'm away. *example: I can set my retainer to auto refill my stock so that my store is always full*
    (21)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast