Thread: Retainer Level?

Player
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    I hope I can have my retainer list things in the market, along with the other things mentioned in this thread, via my web browser whilst my character is playing in-game questing/exploring/farming.

It would be good if she could catch /shouts in her home city too and display them in the same web-based interface.
    (1)
    FFXIV player since 1.0 alpha, and still pretty terrible at this game. Thank the Twelve it's not actually hard like FFXI.

Player
    Character
    Myranda Al'cyoene
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    I'm with LlenCoram.... the revised gathering system that's been shown to us thus far seems lacking compared to what we had. Basically we're moving from [nearly guaranteed (with skill) item of any kind but you can skew the odds towards a certain item via a minigame] to [no guaranteed item because of /random but you can focus 100% on a single material through the "minigame" of clicking on it]. Not an improvement if you ask me.

About the only positive thing I've heard so far is the addition of more node levels so that earning experience points, especially at lv40+, isn't such a pain anymore.
    (5)
    Check out my Eorzean fonts! - Twitter: @MyrandaFFXIV
    http://dachoutom.no-ip.org/ffxiv/fonts.html
    The Astronomical Society of Eorzea!
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/142965-The-Astronomical-Society-of-Eorzea

Player
    Character
    Llen Coram
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Deli View Post
    oh. I actually sort of enjoy the new gathering more with the abilities involving in the later stage.
    Skills can be used only when you continuously hit on stuffs. So, a lot of time, I strategically hit the low lv items first to ensure I can pop the skill. Then, I switch to higher lv item that has much lower %, but now the % doubled. if I failed any one of the low lv item, then I straight go hit the higher lv items... later the debate for skill uses will start to become do I want more quantity or do I want to more gathering chance...? for lving, it is do I want to hit low%/high exp item or high%/low exp item...

to me, I think the mini-game changed from precise action game to strategic game. I guess that's where some ppl <3 some ppl </3
    I can absolutely see the appeal, don't get me wrong, but I don't like that it's all RNG now. Honestly, I hope I'm so wrong about my assumptions that everyone in the community laughs at me until the end of time. I'll gladly take that if I can set myself up on the cliffs of La Noscea and fish for 10, 12, 15 hours straight like I used to in 1.0. All I want is my fishing back. If the new minigame is absolute loads of fun higher levels, then that's fine.

I just hope I'm wrong.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Xeonerable Fenrir
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Whats the highest level perk? sexual favors? lol
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Rylock Ventel
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Deli View Post
    oh. I actually sort of enjoy the new gathering more with the abilities involving in the later stage.
    Skills can be used only when you continuously hit on stuffs. So, a lot of time, I strategically hit the low lv items first to ensure I can pop the skill. Then, I switch to higher lv item that has much lower %, but now the % doubled. if I failed any one of the low lv item, then I straight go hit the higher lv items... later the debate for skill uses will start to become do I want more quantity or do I want to more gathering chance...? for lving, it is do I want to hit low%/high exp item or high%/low exp item...

to me, I think the mini-game changed from precise action game to strategic game. I guess that's where some ppl <3 some ppl </3
    In 1.0 I could gather items higher level than me through strategy and skill. I worked out a method to optimally identify where a new item was in the "strike" minigame, and to figure out its "depth". After encountering it a couple of times, I would begin to recognize it by its remainder bar length, and be able to strike it correct on the first try. In cases where 2 items shared a remainder bar in a zone, I would strike the more common one, or the higher level one first depending on whether I would get 2 more strikes and neccessity. When maxed on that class, I would tune my gear so that in areas where I felt confident I would sacrifice gathering for perception and deal with the occasional 2-strike, in higher-risk areas or when I was distracted I would stack gathering and just 1-strike everything. In Iron lake, where the item levels were low and none shared a remainder length, I could tear through nodes with one strike 100% of the time and hit the NEW AND IMPROVED gathering cap in about 90 minutes.

What I have seen of gathering in 2.0, to identify an item you hit 3 shards in a row, activate your % boost, and roll the dice on a 25% chance. If you identify it, and the item is higher level than you, you proceed to not gather it since the chance to succeed on stuff higher than you, even with the % boost, was awful.

The system in 2.0 appears to lack any real depth and didn't seem finished, I understand what we have seen til now is alpha and subject to change, but "chore" comments do not fill me with enthusiasm.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    I have a small update regarding retainer levels to share with you.

Based on the feedback we collected in the past, the dev. team is looking to implement different features for your retainer as they level up. For example, we are looking into allowing retainers to perform chores, such as gathering.

As soon as we receive detailed information on leveling up your friendly caretakers and the tasks that they will be able to perform at certain levels, we will be sure to let you know!
    That's pretty cool you can make your retainer gather for you, I tried mining and it was pretty boring. Thumbs up for this new feature.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Llen Coram
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    >< I fell for it.
    (0)
    Last edited by LlenCoram; 01-29-2013 at 09:12 AM.

Player
    Character
    Athalia Hartfell
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 85
    I'm rather worried that the economy is going to be very broken. It's not exactly hard to level the class, and now that gathering fatigue is being removed combined with this. Soo many resources going to be on the market. It's not that difficult to move from one gathering node to the other.
    (3)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Same here Zezlar. Gathering was my bread and butter. My poor Hiir is going to need some other way to make gil if the market is flooded by retainer gathered items.

Can my retainer run CC/AV please? That was a chore to me. In fact, any dungeon running that has to be done more than 20 times a week is classified as "chore"
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Llen Coram
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Every time I logged in, I'd be offered a grind party to level some DoW class I didn't care about (all of them). I always chose gathering over grinding, 'cause grinding was a chore. Can I have my retainer grind my character when I'm offline please? It's a chore afterall.
    (3)

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast