Player
    Character
    Amanda Huggenkiss
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by HiirNoivl View Post
    Batch transfer items, while I'm away. *example: I can set my retainer to auto refill my stock so that my store is always full*
    While this is nice, it's kinda like botting.
    (0)
    I like frog

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaHuggenkiss View Post
    While this is nice, it's kinda like botting.
    It's a fine line isn't it?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    I have a small update regarding retainer levels to share with you.

Based on the feedback we collected in the past, the dev. team is looking to implement different ways of easy mode

As soon as we receive detailed information on leveling up your friendly caretakers and the tasks that they will be able to perform at certain levels, we will be sure to let you know!
    Hmm...... Fixed it for you
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Deli Denkryst
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by LlenCoram View Post
    Oh... yay... SE really hates gathering don't they? From the videos they've shown, it's pretty clear the new gathering system wasn't designed for gatherers. Now gathering is "a chore" that you can get an NPC to do for you?

Way to keep telling us to do something us. Here's a shocker, some of us actually enjoy gathering. I'm really afraid of what you guys did to fishing...
    wait... what video... why is it not for gatherers?
    if it's from alpha test...and the point is about sharing location with others...
    from someone's magazine translation, the new gathering point will be only for you only. you will not share your point with other person.

it's too early to say about this in-game-bot gathering thing... maybe when you send it to gather whole day, it only return 20 pieces...that you can get these in 10 mins.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Llen Coram
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Deli View Post
    wait... what video... why is it not for gatherers?
    if it's from alpha test...and the point is about sharing location with others...
    from someone's magazine translation, the new gathering point will be only for you only. you will not share your point with other person.

it's too early to say about this in-game-bot gathering thing... maybe when you send it to gather whole day, it only return 20 pieces...that you can get these in 10 mins.
    The videos they've been showing, the early views. I realise it's alpha and things are meant to change, but it's a pretty telling direction they're taking it in. What I'm talking about is the overall design. Run to tree, click tree, pick item, roll dice, rinse and repeat. In the old (1.0) system, gathering required, if not skill, at least the semblance of skill. It needed you to know where things were and how to get them (nodes, notches, whatever). In the new system it looks like it's all laid out for you. It's weird, sure, but that's fine. My biggest problem is that they've turned the entire profession into a random number generator. In the old system, if you were good, you were guaranteed _something_ every single chop/swing/jig. With this new system, it looks like you're subject to the whims of a dice roll.

From what the videos show, it's really clear what idea they want for gathering. That idea is speed. They don't care about skill, or know-how, or anything. All the new system cares about is how fast you can get what you want. It's a gathering system built entirely for crafters.

I'm sure it'll change at higher levels, and that all they've shown us is really low-level stuff, but still. It's scary, and any gatherer who truly enjoyed doing it in 1.0 should be scared.

A chore? I think crafting is a chore SE, why not let my retainer do that for me?
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Athalia Hartfell
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 85
    I wonder if I can rename my retainer to Hom.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Y'ruh Tia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 66
    I have a small update regarding retainer levels to share with you.

Based on the feedback we collected in the past, the dev. team is looking to implement different features for your retainer as they level up. For example, we are looking into allowing retainers to perform chores, such as gathering.

As soon as we receive detailed information on leveling up your friendly caretakers and the tasks that they will be able to perform at certain levels, we will be sure to let you know!
    What kind of gathering? I wouldn't mind if my retainer tended plants in my house, since I hated gardening in XI. Maybe the retainer can have an upgrade allowing us to change their default clothing?
    (0)
    I'll save you Yoshida!

/casts Raise

Player
    Character
    Eldaena Vonxandria
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    If I'm not mistaken, there is a similar system to having your "retainer" do gathering for you in Monster Hunter. You, the adventurer, would send out this one Felyne to go do gathering for you. You could send it to certain areas, and it may take a few days for it to return. Each area had multiple points I think you could send him and he could come back with something rare, or a lot of stuff like bugs from the area you sent him to. If I recall, you could specify what you were hoping to get. (In this case it would perhaps be based off of one of the gathering tools in FFXIV, and what those tools could gather. Example: Scythe = veggies, plants/herbs, cocoons, etc.) It didn't compare to what you could go collect on your own, but it was kind of nice for the Felyne to go get you those little things. I think you have to spend Pokke points for him to go on a journey, though. So, maybe it would be the same here?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Deli Denkryst
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by LlenCoram View Post
    I'm sure it'll change at higher levels, and that all they've shown us is really low-level stuff, but still. It's scary, and any gatherer who truly enjoyed doing it in 1.0 should be scared.

A chore? I think crafting is a chore SE, why not let my retainer do that for me?

oh. I actually sort of enjoy the new gathering more with the abilities involving in the later stage.
    Skills can be used only when you continuously hit on stuffs. So, a lot of time, I strategically hit the low lv items first to ensure I can pop the skill. Then, I switch to higher lv item that has much lower %, but now the % doubled. if I failed any one of the low lv item, then I straight go hit the higher lv items... later the debate for skill uses will start to become do I want more quantity or do I want to more gathering chance...? for lving, it is do I want to hit low%/high exp item or high%/low exp item...

to me, I think the mini-game changed from precise action game to strategic game. I guess that's where some ppl <3 some ppl </3
    (4)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast