Player
    Character
    Ayame Ensetsu
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

help me make a Dated Bronze Chainmail

I like metal armors, my main is going to be paladin, and in FFXIV i'm disappointed that most of the armors are, cotton-leather.
    I want to make this armor but, i'm stumble on the Taupe Sheep Leather(ingredient)
    i can synth the other ingredients.
    The problem with the Taupe Sheep Leather is that on some sites they say that some of the ingredients to synth this leather are not available anymore.

Can someone please help me with instructions on how to synth this armor? TY VM!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vickyle Eyn
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Do not go for Dated items, unless you have the ingredients required. Some ingredients for Dated item can no longer be obtained in game.

Or you could just obtain it (reward) from guild leves or buy it from markets.
    (1)
    Last edited by Eyn; 05-18-2012 at 08:42 AM.

Player
    Character
    Jager Meister
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Alternatively, you could make Iron Scale Mail (a level 24 recipe) which requires 1 Iron Plate, 2 Aldgoat Leather, and a Silver Ingot.

The optimal level for wearing it on your GLA is level 22, but it looks nice and isn't too terribly tough to make.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tala Dotharl
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I recently crafted a few pieces of this frustrating armor when I was around level 12-15. It's only frustrating because a few of the ingredients are, to my understanding, no longer obtainable through conventional means in the game.

For the Taupe Sheep Leather I just broke down and bought a few of the ingredients (something I HATE doing when crafting... buying anything that cuts into my profit) like the Willow Chips and the Taupe Sheep Leather Dye from a retainer. After that, it's not a big deal if your weaving and leather working are around 10+. If you don't have a class high enough to farm and craft Antelope Sinew Chord (a key ingredient in the Hempen Tabard Front for the Dated Hempen Tabard), buy that too.

Those few hard to get items for lower level characters aren't all that expensive if you shop around retainers. The materials cost me less than 1000 gil per chainmail. And, because nobody seems to sell Dated Bronze Chainmail you can pretty much charge what you feel you deserve. I sold a few for around 20,000 gil, and they sold immediately. I'm sure you could get away with selling them for much more if you were a little patient.

Anywho, after it was all said and done, I actually came to enjoy the challenge of crafting this unique gear. Hope you do too, and I hope this helps!
    (0)
    Last edited by Figgleleaf; 07-03-2012 at 05:13 PM.