Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Armorer Guides By Fellow Players

I am starting this thread so fellow crafters can post their armorer guides here to help other crafters in game.

You can reach my guides under Genine Asura's Blog on the Lodestone.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Dragon Knight
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Basically i cannot remember exactly at which rank I changed to a different synth but I thought I would still write up on what I have been skilling up on. The rule I work to on craft grinding is "if u get less than 200sp per synth move on to the next item". Everytime you rank up try the next recipe inline. If you cannot make it stay with your current recipe till you level.

A lot of ppl use the recipe ladder of "Ingots-->Wire-->Rings-->Chain". I did not choose this method as it seems quite shard (especially wind) and material intensive. As i was not interested in making a profit I decided on lower usage synths.

I hope this is helpful and if anyone does use it, please reply with what ranks you were doing each synth at.

1st Recipe

Copper nuggets x 5 --> Copper squares x 12 (Keep)

2nd Recipe

Copper Squares x2 --> Copper toes x 1 (NPC Trash)

3rd Recipe

Copper Nugget x1 + Copper squares x 2 --> Copper Buckle x 12 (NPC Trash)

4th Recipe

Bronze Nuggets x 3 --> Bronze squares x 12 (Keep)

5th Recipe

Bronze Squares x 2 --> Bronze Celata Visor x 1 (NPC Trash)

6th Recipe

Brass nuggets x 3 --> Brass Squares x 12

7th Recipe (Rank 20-23)

Brass Square x 2 --> Brass Vambrace Plates x 1 (NPC Trash)

8th Recipe (Rank 23-25)

Silver Nuggets x 3 --> Silver Squares x 12 (Keep)

9th Recipe (Rank 25-..)

Silver Nugget x1 + Silver squares x 2 --> Silver Buckle x 12 (NPC Trash)

To be continued.....
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Auronous Myrddin
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 54
    I've already been following that plan for a while lol. It's really a pity you can't profit from a grind. I just can't wait to start making Haubies =)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cascade Taiga
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    heres the one i posted on zam a while back

Armorer Guide
    This is just a general guide to help people out when lvling ARM. Most of it is obvious and repedative. but i figured i would work on this for others to see and get ideas.
    some of the items can be started earlier than i've shown and used later then whats there, its just a general guide.
    if something else is found i will edit and update.

Training Books That Help with Grinding:
    Chainweaving, Sheeting, Smelting
    (they are optional but you will find them to be of great help)

Sub Classes:
    While grinding to 50 you will need some sub classes to make gear.
    Carpentry, Leather, Cloth, Alchemy, and Gold (??? not sure but it said you need it)
    getting these to 25+ will let you make more stuff in the upper leves to make more gear or items

Ranks 1-5
    Copper:
    Squares (Save these for toes)

Rivets (Optional)
    Wire (Optional)

Ranks 5-10
    Copper:
    Toes (Normally just NPCed)

Rings (Optional if you made wire)

Ranks 10-15
    Bronze:
    Squares
    Rivets (Good thing to make a stack of and keep for later)

Wire Rings and Chain (Optional but is needed for any of the chain gear)

Brass:
    Rivets (Another Good item to make atleast a stack of for later)

Ranks 15-20
    Brass:
    Sqaures
    Buckles (Great for leveling and you will need them later)

Bronze:
    Buckles (Another great for leveling item that can be sold)
    Celata Visor (Cheap to level and you'll need these to make the celetas later)

Ranks: 20-25
    Iron:
    Sqaures (Yup more sqaures, but these you are going to need for later..... and and lots of them better to do now if possible)
    Rivets (As always a great thing to make to sell and keep for later)
    Spikes (Pretty cheap to make and can be sold)
    Wire Rings and Chain (Good SP but shard heavy, but needed for all of the iron chain gear. but its optional)
    Ingots (Optional but nice to have for later, for making gear and items)
    Buckles

Bronze:
    Celta Visors (cheap easy item) EDIT ADD 12/16

Silver:
    Squares (Will need these later)

Ranks 25-30
    Silver:
    Toes
    Buckles (Good item to sell)

Ranks 30-35
    Steel:
    Rivets (something to sell or keep for later)

Iron:
    Burbut Visor (Needed for later, can be NPCed)

35-40
    Iron:
    Celta Visor (Needed for later, and can be NPCed)

40-45
    Iron:
    Poleyns

45-50
    Iron:
    Greaves

Edit to add: some of this is old and before the SP changes so a lot of items can be started earlier then i've stated for better SP since starting them too late will cost you SP now
    (2)
    Last edited by Cascade; 03-25-2011 at 10:04 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ryan Di'gosling
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    Carpentry, Leather, Cloth, Alchemy, and Gold (??? not sure but it said you need it)
    getting these to 25+ will let you make more stuff in the upper leves to make more gear or items
    These all really need to be 35 eventually. i.e. iron plate set optimal subs are 35 TAN/WVR/GLD, 25ALC as well if you count the belt iirc.
    (0)

Player

Its really quite simple I hit 100+3 Bonecraft in FFXI
    Crafting for Profit =/= Crafting for Skill

With that being said you can get to 20 real easy just get a lot of bronze nuggets and make chain/wire/rings till you can start making bronze haubies. Going to Limsa and grabbing some good leves and just knocking out haubies will get you to 25+ ish. Although once you can make iron squares safely you basically make iron squares forever. Even if you get crap sp for making iron squares you should continue making them till you die. Iron square synth is a whopping 21. Keep doing leves and the ocassional bronze hauby for a little profit till you are like 28. Once you are 28 you can take a break off doing iron squares and start doing something with the insane amount of squares you should have.

34 Iron Barbut Visor = 2 Iron squares
    40 Iron Celata Visor = 2 Iron squares
    43 Iron Poleyans = 2 Iron squares + 1 Buffalo Leather Strap
    50 Iron Greaves = 2 Iron squares + 1 Buffalo Leather Strap

Simple eh? Now get to 15+ to start doing Iron Squares since you will be using forever!

If you wanna make money, make bone and bronze scale mails, bronze and iron sets. Bronze not so much but Iron requires sub crafts so you can charge upwards of 100k+ per piece depending on your economy. Seriously though like any craft in any FF game you need to HQ to make the big bucks....hmm hq ^^
    (1)
    "Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator and at least the horse never said anything stupid."

Player
    Character
    Aviya Lily
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 83
    Ok so my partner is Armorer rank 20. I want her to start making rank 25+ items so she can get at least 700+sp a synth. Can anyone please help me out and tell me what I should be making thats suitable for those conditions?
    (0)

Player

This is the guide I used to get my armorer to 30. I also included higher ranking receipes for those of you going for maximum sp. The () are the rank of the receipe. You can start making up to 10 ranks before for maximum sp. If you are using armorer main hand make sure to wear vitality jewelry and load your vitality traits.

Armorer (1) - Copper Squares - copper nugget X3, earth shard X5

Armorer (10) - Copper Buckle - copper nugget X1, copper square X2, fire shard X3, earth shard X2

Armorer (10) - Bronze Buckle - bronze nugget X1, bronze square X2, fire shard X4, earth shard X3

Armorer (11) - Bronze Square - bronze nugget X3, earth shard X6

Armorer (16) - Brass Square - brass nugget X3, earth shard X6

Armorer (18) - Brass Buckle - brass nugget X1, brass square X2, wind shard X2, earth shard X5

Armorer (21) - Iron Square - iron nugget X3, earth shard x12

Armorer (24) - Brass Vambrace Plate - brass square X2, earth shard X5, wind shard X2

Armorer (25) - Silver Square - silver nugget X3, earth shard X12

Armorer (28) - Silver Buckle - silver square X2, silver nugget X1, fire shard X9, earth shard X6

Armorer (33) - Silver Toes - silver square X2, wind shard X4, earth shard X11

Armorer (34) - Iron Barbut Visor - iron square X2, earth shard X6, wind shard X9

Armorer (40) - Iron Celata Visor - iron square X2, wind shard X6, earth shard X6
    (4)
    Last edited by Gracious; 04-11-2011 at 04:57 AM.

9. 04-11-2011 01:34 AM

Player
    Character
    Gosh Darn'it
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 53
    I recommend getting the Sheeting Training Book if you guys haven't done it already. I'm at r42 and already crafting Iron Greaves with 1 out of 8 or so attempts from breaking.

Should also mention that from r38-r41 I was crafting Iron Neck Guards - Iron Square x2, Brass Rivet x1, Sheep Leather Strap x1 with Earth Shard x9 and Wind Shard x3 (only went this route because I had a ton of earth and not so much wind shards).

I also use Fulfillment, Maker's Muse, Preserve, and Ingenuity.
    (1)
    Gosh darn it.

Player
    Character
    Rowan Garnet
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Is there any other option than Iron Poleyans I'm R38 and I can make them but buffalo straps get to be spendy
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast