Player
    Character
    Punainen Drak
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by cheezr View Post
    The starting leve allowance should definitely be raised for new players. What is the point of starting out new players with only 8 leve allowances. I'm a new player and came up against this limitation which hampered the fun I was having.

I feel like I should reactivate ffxi to play while my leve allowance replenishes to 99.
    If that even works. My main character always has about 99 allowances, but I got onto my alt after not playing it for an age, and it still had only 8 allowances....... :|
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leoheart Azurium
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Depends on your play style, when I first started playing again, I could level a job from 30-50 in a week sololing leves, I'd usually be left with around 30-40 allowances left.
    It doesn't take long to go through them, if I'm honest.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lavelle Tanette
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Punainen View Post
    If that even works. My main character always has about 99 allowances, but I got onto my alt after not playing it for an age, and it still had only 8 allowances....... :|
    After patch 1.19 you have to talk to the levequest issuer to accumulate leve allowances.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Goaty Miqo'te
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyretta_Blaze View Post
    I could see giving a new/reactivated character the full 99 allowance.
    Thank you! I just posted in the bug section about this because I played the beta, stood in line for my collectors edition, and had left like most others because the game was pretty unplayable. I come back 5 days ago to find that everyone else who reactivated "accrued" 99 levequest allowances, while I started with the mere 12. NOT a way I want to come back to a better, but still unplayable for newer/low level and now.. paying... customers. Hope they do something that makes this more friendly to these types soon.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kuro Makuro
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    The way it should work is that you receive battlequests straight from the aetheryte camp rather than having to go back and forth between the camp & the closest city. It'd be a great quality of life change because even they add hundreds of new quests to do, there's still going to be a time and a place for the levelquests when you're leveling different classes.

As for the limit, I'd change it a flat amount per day that resets at a specific time of the day. Say, noon server time. Then give a fairly large amount of quests per day -- say around 20 or 25. That's more than enough for most players.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2