Player
    Character
    Chandani Aranka
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90

2.0 GFX Engine vs PC specs

When reading the roadmaps for XIV2.0 and its new gfx engine, it says only the extreme highend pcs can be able to enjoy the best gfx it provides.

So im just wondering if my pc specs meets the requirements as they dont state exactly what the extreme high end specs are.

My current gaming rig is:

Asus P9X79 Pro Mother board
    Intel i7 3930K CPU w/ Corsair H100 H2O cooler
    Asus Radeon HD 7970 1000mhz OC'ed by Asus
    Corsair XMS3 2000mhz 16GB of Ram
    Corsair SSD 120gb Windows and FFXIV installed on.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Norack Sunstorm
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    if they optimize it to run on a asus radeon, (which i highly doubt they won't, i mean thats one of the big problems in this engine.) you should be fine you have more than the recomended VRAM, RAM and CPU
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chandani Aranka
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Is Nvidia better GPU for XIV? If so, how come?
    I have had nothing but problems with my GTX cards ever since I went from Gtx275 to 460-550 and 570-580s.
    Once I bought my first radeon 6950, I have not had a single problem with any games
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Elasandria Servion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    In it's current state the engine was designed on/for nVidia chipsets, virtually no AMD optimizations were included, easily one of the biggest failings it suffered and continues to until 2.0
    So the answer here is, wait until 2.0 engine lands so we can see what they've done to improve it's ability to properly utilize AMD chipsets. nVidia support wasn't/isn't even great but it's light years ahead of the current AMD support.
    (0)

XIV Pad: http://xivpads.com/?Elasandria-Servion-Hyperion
    Linkshell: http://sd-is.guildwork.com
    Rig: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/jv56yukhpi7413q/gQTzd-DS9y
    FX-8150 @4.1GHz; 8Gigs ripjaws @1600; OCZ Vertex 3 128GB SSD; WDC 1TB HDD;
    XFX Radeon HD 7970;

Player
    Character
    Chandani Aranka
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    I for one hope they will make AMD Radeons equally good as Nvidias, cause after so many buggy GTX cards, I do not want to send my brand new 7970 which I think is brilliant, back in to get a GTX 680 instead. Dont like GTX anymore sadly, 5 cards all faulty of bugged up drivers. I bought 3 different GTX 570, Zotac, Gainward and Powercolor, none of them worked properly for me. Same with the 2x 580s. Got fed up and got the 6950, and I would not want to go back to Nvidia just because of XIVs gfx engine:P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Norack Sunstorm
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    dont worry more than likely they will optimize it to work with your GPU I mean it would be basically suicide for them not to! That was one of the things everyone hit FFXIV for when it first came out was it only really worked well on Nvidia and even on Nvidia cards it still ran pretty bad. So to keep it like it is, is insanely stupid, just wait for 2.0 thats what i would do.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kazaran Leeman
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    With the number of ATI crash issues happenig naltely, you have to wonder.

2.0 uses the core of luminous B which uses Physx. You jsut won't have those effects.

2.0 also does not require high end pc's as was stated by Yoshi and is far more optimized.

Other aspects go into play. How well your system is optimized, transfer data across all aspects. and how well you can tweak it yourself.

RIght now 7900 series drivers seem Quarky, the card performs under my GTX480 and 590 in this game. Conciderign I have the dual GPU card.

Besides, peopel need to realzie a boost post. I could say, maybe, not sure if my 4 gpu's in tandom can handle it.
    (0)
    Last edited by kazaran; 05-13-2012 at 10:33 PM.

Player
    Character
    Elasandria Servion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I never have driver crashes whether running in FS Crossfire or Windowed, the game occasionally does crash but it's not gfx related, it's the stupid elevator glitches, only place I ever crash.

The lack of support for multiple processors is more an issue w/ CPUs than it is GPUs, I get better performance when I lock the game on 2 cores than when I let it run across all 8. Assuming they fix that and truly support core-scaling in CPUs my game will probably continue to perform better in windowed(w/ shiftwindow for pseudo-FS) mode than in FS even if they get AMD GPU support right.

There's plenty of games out now that use PhysX that on AMD GPUs still easily clear 120FPS with settings at full, sure you lose a little of the GPU specific optimization but even w/o it you shouldn't be running @30 FPS, this is the only game I own currently that I can't max and still break 100FPS ; ;

Someday
    (0)

XIV Pad: http://xivpads.com/?Elasandria-Servion-Hyperion
    Linkshell: http://sd-is.guildwork.com
    Rig: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/jv56yukhpi7413q/gQTzd-DS9y
    FX-8150 @4.1GHz; 8Gigs ripjaws @1600; OCZ Vertex 3 128GB SSD; WDC 1TB HDD;
    XFX Radeon HD 7970;

Player
    Character
    Lakota Pride
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    physx is old and outdated and will not be used for further games.
    They stopped with development of games for it about 2 years ago already.
    not likely they gonna use it for the new grap engine , unless they want to bring back old technology.
    Wich i highly doubt
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kazaran Leeman
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Really that's odd. Since 4 titles this year all use Physix, and GW2 uses the new Physix 2.1+ found on the 600 series cards.

Arkham city used it heavily and it was a nov 2011 game. Now they are adding the features for the old and new variant to Skyrim. Must not be too old after all.
    (0)