Player
    Character
    Chie Kaisuri
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60

Ok. Behest needs a level restriction.

I'm getting quite tired of wanting to do a behest, but someone of an enormously high level joins the behest and plays solo.

This not only cranks up the monster level too high to manage, but the high-leveled player just plows through all the monsters in seconds. The only exp I get in the entire ordeal is whatever exp bonus I get just for joining.

There was a level 35 doing a Camp Bearded Rock behest. 35!

It happens all the time and I wish something would be done about this.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Well on the bright side, they'll probably move on once they reach the achievement for having done x number of behests there. Not much to do about it sadly.
    (3)

Player

some of us did lower ones due to achievemnts

Character
    Kerwin Nindon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    What's not to like? The bonus exp is the prime reason most people do them anyways. If you want the mobs, I'm sure you can find a sweet grinding spot out there.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chie Kaisuri
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerwin View Post
    What's not to like? The bonus exp is the prime reason most people do them anyways. If you want the mobs, I'm sure you can find a sweet grinding spot out there.
    Missing the point.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Duuude Bismarck
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Rather than fight them about it, why not ask them to powerlevel you during the behest?
    That way, everybody wins.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Duuude007 View Post
    Rather than fight them about it, why not ask them to powerlevel you during the behest?
    That way, everybody wins.
    when i saw others doing it that were low level i always made sure they had all the claims, wasnt that hard to do, just gott abe a bit social to get them to do it

Player
    Character
    Eliseus Kayne
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    If SE removes the achievements then I'll stop doing them, till then no, or find a nice high lvl to actually pl you off them.
    (0)

Character
    Kerwin Nindon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagato View Post
    Missing the point.
    Oh ok. Let me simplify this then.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cynthis Ravenbrook
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    I have to admit that this does annoy me with the achievements though. When achievements were introduced, I was thrilled and was willing to overlook the fact that all my previous work did not count against them. I bought into the argument that the poor original design was the reason data was not kept. I also consoled myself by thinking that the dev team had learnt their lesson and from that point on they were collecting ALL data that might concievably be used for any future achievements and would apply them when new achievenemnt were introduced (I know, silly me).

I could still overlook that but when they introduce achievements like this one it really does make me wonder what they were thinking. All the players with no low level class left now have 2 options:

* Be nice to other players and pretty much ignore the achievements for the behests at lower level camps. My original plan was to wait until new classes were introduced and get these achievements while levelling those classes but then someone pointed out that because of the map redesign some of the areas may not be around by then so it's a case of now or never.

* Screw over the low level players like the OP describes and make Eorzea a more unfriendly place in the process of getting my achievements.

Since I assume the achievements were introduced with the goal of having people actually do them I can only assume the devs decided that it doesn't matter if it makes players annoy each other along the way. In my case, I know this dilemma could have been mostly avoided if SE had just started to keep this information when the first achievements were released since at tha point I still had several lower level classes.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast