Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    And we are not saying copy, we mean TAKE IDEAS FROM.

So yes you are white knighting like a king.
    You don't make any sense whatsoever. I'm not white knighting at all.

Again, please quote the place where I said FFXIV is perfect and needs no improvements.

AGAIN, FFXIV needs to innovate, not copy what other games are doing. And yes, taking ideas from is copying. Every game from FFXIV to Guild Wars to Mario Kart to Tetris borrows in some way or another from another game. But it's what each game does that's different that matters.

The above is not "white knighting". I'm sure what GW2 does works great for GW2. I'm sure it's a totally great game. This doesn't however mean that other games need to be more like GW2 to be good games. You are the one white knighting if you are naive enough to believe that GW2 is the model game that everyone else needs to imitate. FFXIV isn't perfect, but neither is GW2. I'm not hating or loving on either game. I'm being fair and reasonable with respect to both.

There's a HUGE difference between "white knighting" and offering objective criticisms of each side. Silly put downs like that are easy to throw out but in reality serve no purpose. Play the games that appeal to you, rather than insist that the ones that don't must be like the one that does. No game developer can please everybody and it doesn't even make sense to try.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-14-2012 at 08:26 AM.

Player
    Character
    Khaien Akiyama
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Icehunter View Post
    http://youtu.be/CF_yYE7N3QM?hd=1

Here you go watch this.

All raids are open to all players anytime.
    There are no instances.
    You join, you leave you get rewards if you stay.

Oh; this is also the beta stuff they are making sure works... so yeah.
    Amazing... and all raids open to anyone? No instances? Sounds like my dream game right there... (if only it had miqo'te/elezen/lalafell etc.)
    SE could learn a thing or two. I really.. really hope they do. D:

Quote Originally Posted by bobbygunz View Post
    I thought the hamlets would be a kind of dynamic event, where if you failed to defend, then the beastmen would take over. Guess not!
    I thought so too actually... Or at least some sort of visible destruction. Oh well. lol Maybe in 2.0.
    (3)

~She gave her heart to a falling star~
    ~~~~~~
    If he's not here, then where?
    ~~~~~~
    ~Been searching for my Afterman~

Player
    Character
    Vynce Walker
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by drivendawn View Post
    Your missing the point they don't just show consequences.You have to do something about said consequences and they can very quite a bit depending on location.
    And you're missing the point, that is just another quest in the chain!

EDIT: Seriously guys this should not be that difficult. I love me some GW but a series of tasks you are assigned to do = quest chain. Shit does not happen in real time because it is scripted.
    (1)
    Last edited by Lux_Rayna; 05-14-2012 at 09:54 AM.

Player
    Character
    Driven Rapturespell
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    i know its scripted,and the way its set up is still way more fun than the same old runin around
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rui Oran
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 76
    People sure are setting their hopes high for a game that hasn't even released yet. Kinda like the people who think 2.0 is some sort of miracle patch.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    all SE need to do is go back to public dungeons or add some sandbox elements like FFXI did and pre-wow games.

if all you have is instances people already leveled up are only gonna login duing there linkshells events then log out.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kuro L'anzce
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruisu View Post
    People sure are setting their hopes high for a game that hasn't even released yet. Kinda like the people who think 2.0 is some sort of miracle patch.
    back in my days, ppl keep hope high for FFXIV launch, but get disappointed anymore.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kipp Kaida
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Honestly it's not about making XIV just like GW2.

Guild Wars 2 has life in its NPCs, its dynamic events, and its not so repetitive quests. Yes you kill mobs in most of them. But you are working towards something. If you don't defend the keep from the centaurs, they over take it. When they overtake it, you must overtake it. Not as easy as it seems unless you have atleast 7-10 people doing it and even then it can be hard. And when you overtake it, every so often, it must be defended by actual waves of centaurs that attack randomly.

In XIV, you start a levequest then the invisible mobs appear that are going to "attack" the camp when they are randomly roaming around picking at themselves lol. I'm not hating on XIV, there is just nothing you are working towards besides leveling up when it comes to quests.

Imperial Invasion could be SOOOOOOO much better, just wish we weren't still in this stupid 1.0 crappy system we have that limits everything.

I hope XIV can add some dynamic events, not make the whole game focused around it but incorporate the idea to make a living, breathing world. Everyone would like that.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Sky Box
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Lux_Rayna View Post
    And you're missing the point, that is just another quest in the chain!

EDIT: Seriously guys this should not be that difficult. I love me some GW but a series of tasks you are assigned to do = quest chain. Shit does not happen in real time because it is scripted.
    But it is kind of real time, it is not a script specific path.

The Quest can end and go x amount of directions to another, at random, based on player action, the quest might not finish, fail mid way, go through different paths that way, the quest may finish half way because mobs "flee" or something, or a boss appears and you need to take that out, boss isnt scripted, its random chance based on player forces.

Seems more random and different than just a series of scripted steps from A>B>C
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kipp Kaida
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by viion View Post
    But it is kind of real time, it is not a script specific path.

The Quest can end and go x amount of directions to another, at random, based on player action, the quest might not finish, fail mid way, go through different paths that way, the quest may finish half way because mobs "flee" or something, or a boss appears and you need to take that out, boss isnt scripted, its random chance based on player forces.

Seems more random and different than just a series of scripted steps from A>B>C
    And on top of that you don't HAVE to stay and do the "quest chain" as she calls it. You could overtake the keep and leave without defending it later. You could do one of the other dynamic events if they are available. It's your decision. I don't know why people are attacking the game and haven't played it :/ The whole game shouldn't be dynamic events but it's still a great addition to an MMO
    (2)

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast