Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Player

I thought the hamlets would be a kind of dynamic event, where if you failed to defend, then the beastmen would take over. Guess not!
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Greedalox Blurflux
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Yes its rather disappointing what it really is. Also the fact that it is instanced and restricted to parties of 8 is also................... wierd. Should have been open world large scale PvE. Maybe 2.0 will open up the ability to do that, but I am starting to see certain patterns in FFXIV, and I am afraid other than new servers a new engine and a changes to the world geography........... its pretty much gonna be the same game, and the same style of content. Timed dungeons, primals, some new story here and there, and a whole lot of vast nothingness in between.
    (4)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    And your last comment means nothing to what was said. They weren't talking about abilities or such that could get "nerfed"
    I'm not talking about "abilities" or "spells." I'm talking about the system. e.g. people will complain that it's not fair that they can't participate if they weren't in the right place at the right time and it will cause a gradual shift to more traditional quests.

Wow the SE Defense Force is showing its presence today, and from BG no less......... curious. Fine you guys are so right, the game is perfect as is, nothing needs to be change.
    If we're the SE Defense Force, you're the anti-SE attack force....

Nobody said the game was perfect. Guild Wars 2 isn't perfect either. However, we can improve the game without just putting in this or that thing that some other game does. SE should be coming up with its own ways to make the game more fun not just looking at some other game like guild wars and say "oh, they did this, let's do it too."

Really though. if GW2 is so amazing, why don't you just go play that? SE is making their own game under the vision they have going. GW2 is being made by its developer under the same mentality- They aren't doing things because players told them to do it, they're doing things because they came up with their own vision for their game and are executing it.

so instead of imposing one game's ideas and visions on another, how about we let each developer build their game and you just play the one that's more interesting to you?

As far as the merits of each system, both have their merits. Some people like things that have a predictable nature, that they can learn and practice and master. Others like things to be more dynamic and volatile. Some people want and need structure, others don't. It's all a matter of tastes and preferences, and you should be playing the game that most caters to yours.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-14-2012 at 04:04 AM.

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Amsai View Post
    Yes its rather disappointing what it really is. Also the fact that it is instanced and restricted to parties of 8 is also................... wierd. Should have been open world large scale PvE. Maybe 2.0 will open up the ability to do that, but I am starting to see certain patterns in FFXIV, and I am afraid other than new servers a new engine and a changes to the world geography........... its pretty much gonna be the same game, and the same style of content. Timed dungeons, primals, some new story here and there, and a whole lot of vast nothingness in between.
    It's been on that path for a long time and the development have never really addressed the question no matter how often people ask. And then we are told that Yoshi is so open to the players and he's so much better than Tanaka, but when you compare him to other development leaders of other MMOs, we really don't know that much about what the game will be like in 2.0 beyond the new servers, which their function is still more than vague, and maybe a new race or something. I mean, the style of content we've been debriefed on is so vague and given the "themepark" stamp of approval but nothing more descriptive than that, really.

FFXIV's not really doing anything new, and all the innovative stuff is remnants of Tanaka's era of development.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alaula Aurelia
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 60
    So wait...

People come on a FFXIV Forum site, talk about how SE should be "Inspired" to change the current course of patching to match a style of gaming that is currently being beta'd, then accuse anyone who doesn't like their idea as trolls, SEDF, white knights, or people who just don't know how MMOs should be made.

Truly, I like where GW2 is going with their game, with their game... with their game...
    (4)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    It's been on that path for a long time and the development have never really addressed the question no matter how often people ask. And then we are told that Yoshi is so open to the players and he's so much better than Tanaka, but when you compare him to other development leaders of other MMOs, we really don't know that much about what the game will be like in 2.0 beyond the new servers, which their function is still more than vague, and maybe a new race or something. I mean, the style of content we've been debriefed on is so vague and given the "themepark" stamp of approval but nothing more descriptive than that, really.

FFXIV's not really doing anything new, and all the innovative stuff is remnants of Tanaka's era of development.
    I don't really see this at all. I see it as we're being given what we wanted, and then some of us are deciding after the fact that we didn't want it after all. Need I remind you that a poll conducted of players (which consisted not just of visitors to the forums by the way- What people think on a forum is often very different from what the entire playerbase as a whole thinks) quite some time ago indicated that they would prefer more instanced content. And... that's what we got. Should you be surprised? *cue retaliatory post about how poll is not valid due to age or whatever other reason*

Yoshida has said before that the current system makes large scale Pve difficult to implement, and that it will be possible with the new engine. So how about we wait for that, and then complain if it never actually happens?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Greedalox Blurflux
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    They can do it there own way..................... but they can still use GW2 as the inspiration. I never said it had to be copy/pasted exactly as GW2 is doing. Campaign from FFXI could work, that way they arent copying it from another company. All they need to do is punch it up a bit and make it a bit more dynamic. Like I said earlier in this thread, I WANT FFXIV TO SUCCEDE!!! But I am going to call them out when I think they are dropping the ball. When I see what they did with Hamlet Defense and what GW2 did with their dynamic quest system, it makes me angry. Angry that GW2 finished it when SE began it (Campaign). You guys really just need to give it a try. If you dont have fun playing the dynamic quest events in GW2, then you lack the fun gene. But most people will have fun if they gave it a chance. And thats the problem, I dont want to be having fun in another game. I want to have fun in THIS game. And its things like minigames, PvP and large scale PvE events (that happen all the time, not at wierd hours like Imperial Invasions) that could round out this game. I cant play this game with just Endgame only, it needs more.

Oh and crafting and gathering dont count as content, I hate those things, and they arent fun at all imo.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Greedalox Blurflux
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I don't really see this at all. I see it as we're being given what we wanted, and then some of us are deciding after the fact that we didn't want it after all. Need I remind you that a poll conducted of players (which consisted not just of visitors to the forums by the way- What people think on a forum is often very different from what the entire playerbase as a whole thinks) quite some time ago indicated that they would prefer more instanced content. And... that's what we got. Should you be surprised? *cue retaliatory post about how poll is not valid due to age or whatever other reason*

Yoshida has said before that the current system makes large scale Pve difficult to implement, and that it will be possible with the new engine. So how about we wait for that, and then complain if it never actually happens?
    OK fair enough on the players poll saying we wanted more instances. That being said, that was more instanced content, not only. Strongholds are nice, but its a bit too serious. Filler/frivolous content is what is needed.

I have been quite supportive of this game for a long long time. So I have waited, and waited and waited. It seems I'm always waiting on this game to get better. Here and there they make steps in the right direction, and sometimes take steps in what I think are the wrong direction. How long should I continue this wait and see approach without feedback from SE even giving some kind of direction of open world content post 2.0?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alaula Aurelia
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 60
    Oh man, lets look at games we feel are good and be inspired by them.

I have not played GW2, I have no clue how the game looks, feels, or controls. But going based off from what I've read, seems like a pretty damn good game. Sure a lot of us want FFXIV to succeed, But by inspiration, I feel you want SE to go into the direction, "Oh man, "X" looks pretty sweet! Lets replace that with our "A"! Oh man, the players don't like B so much, lets cut it and replace it with this feature "Y" that is being show cased in this new MMO! Our player base will love us for it!"

Soon as SE gets "Inspired" enough, the player base will only turn on them. I know I will be the first to stand up on my little dingy soap box to proclaim SE is a bunch of hacks and screw your high profit margins (as I get off of it to play more, cause I love the abuse)!

We'll just have to give the players what they want, FFXIV- Frankenstein's Remix of the Goodies From Any MMO That Looks Fun.
    (1)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    It seems I'm always waiting on this game to get better.
    the waiting has been worthwhile, because it has gotten better. And it will continue to do so. Someone once said "It's not the destination that matters, it's the journey."

It's not like FFXIV is just going to hit a certain spot and be "finished." It will be expanded upon and changed as long as it has a playerbase supporting it.
    (1)

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast