Character
    Alerith Rayneheart
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

Multi-layered Dungeons

Now, I've seen the PDF for 2.0. I like the outdoor raid location, and everything I want to present is just an idea that came to mind. If it's coming in 2.0, great. If not, please consider it.

As an example, take the Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak. Currently, it's a level 25(35?) dungeon and even high levels are currently spamming it for seals.

Now, the dungeon that we've all been doing certainly feels "dungeony" but it doesn't sound like a "Thousand Maws" type of dungeony.

What if there was a second level to Toto-Rak, containing mobs that are a challenge to level 40 characters. Then a third level with mobs that are a challenge to level 45. And yet another level with level 50 mobs, and another with level 55.

Each "Section" of the dungeon would yield higher rewards appropriate for the level range, and maybe even some gear to trade for seals or quests that yield seals. Maybe even a GC Levequest NPC for each nation flying the flag of the Eorzean Alliance.

Instanced or not for Toto-Rak doesn't matter to me. It works find as an instanced dungeon. But what if we had something similar to it that wasn't instanced.

Like Sphoase for example. Uninstanced, but ultimately low leveled. Add more levels with incrementally increased level enemies.

We'd open up all dungeons to higher levels, lower level players could possibly get more support from the higher levels, there may be a reason to do it at lower levels and it really opens up the cavernous nature dungeons should have at times.

Personally, I'm all for dungeon diving and exploration. I'd love an un-instanced version (Note: Not saying to remove the instanced version) of Dzemael Darkhold for the sake of exploration and possibly leveling.

With the map redesigns in 2.0 and no longer having things copied and pasted, would it be possible to have something of this sort?
    (2)
    Last edited by Alerith; 05-13-2012 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Clarity