Player
    Character
    Mortechai Voidwatcher
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 68

Petition to the Devs for 2.0!!!

I'am fairly certain that it's been mentioned and talked about a bazillion times on these forums but in my opinion, the more this is brought up and talked about, the better our chances are of getting a resolution. We all agree that the market wards/retainer system is not getting the job done. It's a clunky system that for some people, makes selling and buying what they need almost impossible. In my opinion, if SE is so hell-bent on keeping retainers in, then they should be moved to a house-moogle function and serve as a storage system in your inn rooms or other player house function. In place of the retainers should be implemented a proper, centralized auction house system much like how FFXI's AH works. Consider this a petition to you for sweeping change to the market system in or before patch 2.0 SE. Reply/comment to this post to get it noticed.
    (19)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Couldn't agree more. There is something different than what we currently have in the works for 2.0, but some details would be nice.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mortechai Voidwatcher
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 68
    I'd be interested to see exactly what they have in the works myself. I hate to say that anything would be better than what's in right now but yea.....it's about that way XD.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Agree about moving the retainer to player housing, as storage.

Although instead of an FF11 AH it should be more like a WoW AH.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Amasar Malqir
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 70
    Actually, it isn't as bad has it once was. Since you can use the merchant houses, go to one of the NPCs (one of them has this function and there is only 4 NPCs there), do a search of scan through the wards listed, find the item your looking for.. click on it.. and you can buy the item right there without having to hunt through retainer NPCs or look for the star.

So really it works /just/ like the Auction House in FFXI and a tad likes wow, because if you know the item your looking for, you can just type its name in and see if anyone is selling it.
    and yes, it goes straight to your inventory after your buy it, which is great.

The only thing they can do to make it smoother, which I heard they are doing in 2.0 is merging all the cities into one.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cesil Rapture
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    For the love of god this. OP I couldn't have said it better myself. I hate HATE using the auction house system...it takes 10 years to exchange items and open menus..so frustrating ; ; Then to make it worse there is no possible way to look up an items price while putting it up. I have to like..write down the prices in notepad while I search through the laggy menu...

Uggh and then...how whenever something is purchased I disappear, everything around me does and then instead of the menu popping up where I was..I have to start all over again and talk to the npc again. Do not want.

I love the idea of the retainer being in the inn/mog house. No lag and please let us check the prices as we are putting up an item.... It is sad I have to log into my bf account on his PC and use two PC's everytime I want to sell something (to check prices on one account and then sell on the other) on this "auction house" -_-
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Babydoll View Post
    For the love of god this. OP I couldn't have said it better myself. I hate HATE using the auction house system...it takes 10 years to exchange items and open menus..so frustrating ; ; Then to make it worse there is no possible way to look up an items price while putting it up. I have to like..write down the prices in notepad while I search through the laggy menu...

Uggh and then...how whenever something is purchased I disappear, everything around me does and then instead of the menu popping up where I was..I have to start all over again and talk to the npc again. Do not want.

I love the idea of the retainer being in the inn/mog house. No lag and please let us check the prices as we are putting up an item.... It is sad I have to log into my bf account on his PC and use two PC's everytime I want to sell something (to check prices on one account and then sell on the other) on this "auction house" -_-
    You could use this Sargatanas prices obviously, only lists materials.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...4enBfSkE#gid=0
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinko View Post
    Agree about moving the retainer to player housing, as storage.

Although instead of an FF11 AH it should be more like a WoW AH.
    i think i remember them saying you can put up bids and everything but who knows what they do. It should be like ffxiah tho becuase at least everyone sell in the right price people now undercut by 600 and don't even make profit if you going to undercut to the point that you now allowing other to make profit or yourself to the point that you get more money back from a npc then the ward then that just dumb.
    (1)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Y'ruh Tia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    They should totally change retainers to serve as a storage function. Maybe they could have them send items to he AH, but not act as the bazaar therein.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dia Dumenos
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    +1 for having retainers act as personal messengers/ah assistants/general currier! Like a nomad moogle, they deliver mail if outside a city and send stuff to the AH for you.(to sell only. who would trust a retainer with a credit card?!) With a cool-down timer of course depending on where you summon them from (it can be a long walk back to the city!).

Do this on a test server first! Not sure how the system would like all those retainers running around. But it sounds nice...

I think SE was hoping to create a real city atmosphere with the retainer system with "faces" rather than icons and numbers to interact with. Grand as that may be, they failed to remember that it was a MMORPG and not a mall.
    (0)
    WUB WUB

FFXI- Seraph

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast