Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenaku View Post
    i think i remember them saying you can put up bids and everything but who knows what they do. It should be like ffxiah tho becuase at least everyone sell in the right price people now undercut by 600 and don't even make profit if you going to undercut to the point that you now allowing other to make profit or yourself to the point that you get more money back from a npc then the ward then that just dumb.
    I'm sure Yoshi said there would be no bidding in the new AH.

Also I don't see what undercutting has to do with what I said, but no it shouldn't be like FFXI ah.
    (1)

Player

I always liked the way retainers work now. It's more... realistic, I guess? And actually makes the retainer's appearance somewhat important. After all, if they only ever exist for you, they may as well just be moogles or something.

Admittedly, I'm biased in that I dislike global, linked "Auction House" type things as they don't make any sense. And given I barely ever use those things in games anyway...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Pnky Mcgrnbeans
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    God Please let them change the broken retainer system. Whoever thought that it was a better system than the AH needs to be fired. Its almost enough to make you quit playing the game.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mortechai View Post
    We all agree that the market wards/retainer system is not getting the job done. It's a clunky system that for some people, makes selling and buying what they need almost impossible.
    Hear, Hear!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rina Inverse
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 51
    Well, one of the side quest in this patch actually involving wards and retainer stuff
    So in reality, they actually exist, as a kind of profession
    I don't know how SE will change that

Imagine those thousand of unemployed retainers if this idea implemented!
    Those people have family to be fed guys

Player
    Character
    Asael K'ni'roux
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I think people are so hung up on an AH that they fail to see that markets are nothing like an AH or meant to operate like an AH. Basically you go see what items you want and either pay what the seller is asking or you find another seller who offers the item you want at the price you want. Think of it like a flee market or a garage sale...everyone has something to sell and they all sell what they want at the prices they choose...what you see is what you get if you so choose...and I think its a good idea the way its set up...now the UI lag and all the other stuff that makes operating in the market wards harder than dodging Ifrits plumes...well thats another story.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    People need to remember that the reason 2.0 is being made is in order to resolve the core issues associated with the server structre's fundamental problems, which give rise to the otherwise unfixable UI lag.

By all means, request a WOW-style auction house, but please don't bring the server-dominated UI lag into this or use it as a reason to justify your argument - doing so means you will be ignored by SE.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Attackat Muaddib
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Retainers is why we have server lags and SE had to moved the Uldah market into another server area. If the server side lag is not there, why would we have the limited space availability in Uldah?

What SE really needs to do is send couple of their devs and go play EVE-Online for three months and study what a true MMO market system should function. Thousands of transactions per day, each item with their own buy and sell orders, updated every 5 seconds, with user defined search filters, coupled with daily/monthly/Days trend analysis. That is how a market system suppose to be.

All we have currently is a barebone 20 transaction listing that had too much development time spent on getting the retainer looking pretty.

jc
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mortechai Voidwatcher
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 68
    Quote Originally Posted by Allistar View Post
    I think people are so hung up on an AH that they fail to see that markets are nothing like an AH or meant to operate like an AH. Basically you go see what items you want and either pay what the seller is asking or you find another seller who offers the item you want at the price you want. Think of it like a flee market or a garage sale...everyone has something to sell and they all sell what they want at the prices they choose...what you see is what you get if you so choose...and I think its a good idea the way its set up...now the UI lag and all the other stuff that makes operating in the market wards harder than dodging Ifrits plumes...well thats another story.
    An auction house works the same way as the retainer system...they are just presented differently, and the retainer presentation simply DOES NOT WORK. In an AH system you can still post items for whatever price you want....the item will either not sell because theres too many of them up for cheaper,or someone will get desperate and buy yours for the higher price because there arent any others besides yours. The same thing happens with the retainer/market wards system....people will buy all the cheap ones first,and then when the only stuff left is the people making up their own prices,then that stuff will get bought. The whole point here is to have a central location to put things up for sale on......having to go to the wards, do price research, then call your retainer from the bell, trade your stuff to it, then set it up in their bazaar for whatever price and finally fight with the population to dispatch it to a busy enough floor in the wards that your stuff has a decent chance of being looked at is an overly complex and rather rediculous mess of crap that needs to be done away with hands washed of.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Affidon Kepler
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortechai View Post
    I'am fairly certain that it's been mentioned and talked about a bazillion times on these forums but in my opinion, the more this is brought up and talked about, the better our chances are of getting a resolution. We all agree that the market wards/retainer system is not getting the job done. It's a clunky system that for some people, makes selling and buying what they need almost impossible. In my opinion, if SE is so hell-bent on keeping retainers in, then they should be moved to a house-moogle function and serve as a storage system in your inn rooms or other player house function. In place of the retainers should be implemented a proper, centralized auction house system much like how FFXI's AH works. Consider this a petition to you for sweeping change to the market system in or before patch 2.0 SE. Reply/comment to this post to get it noticed.
    Agreed. Sorry but NOBODY is going to want to run through a room (even instanced) full of 200 retainers and browse through each individual one. If they try to force players to do so, they will end up putting in a search function (if not already planned) and everyone will use that 100% of the time. Case in point, there is absolutely no point in the retainer system at all, especially not where they are all centrally located. In your mog house with an inventory searchable from a central board? Sure that'd be cool but then isn't that essentially just an Auction House? Why don't they just bring back the auction house. It was awesome.

And EDIT: I don't think NEARLY enough people have chimed in on this yet.
    (0)
    Last edited by Tiberious; 10-19-2012 at 04:17 AM.
    Check out my blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com for technology and game reviews.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2