Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Player
    whoopeeragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Navigator's Glory
    Posts
    974
    Character
    Azarim Erro
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    LANCER Lv 50

    How to Check for Legacy

    As emails are wont to be, some won't be delivered accurately due to spelling errors, new emails but forgetting to notify, or lost somewhere on the huge web of data of this world. Thus, those who desire Legacy and feel that they should have it, but don't know where to confirm this due to lack of email, are being lost about how to identify themselves as such.

    The email is actually very unreliable. It's merely a notification - being probably the third or so in terms of usefulness for determining whether you are legacy. Of course, that will be one of the checks.

    Please note that all material shown is property of Square Enix, and may be taken down with their prompts and at their discretion. My character and account name have been masked/censored, and my character himself may not appear due to his tendencies to strip while in his inn bed.

    Checks in order of priority:

    1. Square Enix Management Account page
    Log into your Square Enix management account.
    https://secure.square-enix.com/accou...n?cont=account
    Under Services and Options, please click "Select Service"


    Once you have done so, please select "FINAL FANTASY XIV" or press the corresponding image.


    If you are eligible for Legacy, you should have the legacy icon near the right of your service account(s). Please note that beta accounts DO NOT acquire Legacy status.


    2. Character Loading Screen After Login

    Proceed as normal in opening up game by using the boot program. Start playing, and navigate towards your character selection screen. Select the Service Account you wish to play on. If you are eligible for Legacy, the Legacy icon should appear on the very top left.


    3. Email Sent from Square Enix Regarding Legacy
    Open up the email box you use to collect usual emails from, or the one you have inputted into your Square Enix account. If you are eligible for Legacy, you should see an email from SQUARE ENIX, titled "An Important Notice Regarding the FINAL FANTASY XIV Legacy Campaign‏". Click on it to show the following page if you are eligible:


    That ends the current checks that I am aware of for legacy. If there are more, please let me know so I may endeavour to help out others.

    If you have all three checks, that is excellent - it means no doubts about your status as Legacy can be raised. Suffice to say, that if you have acquired at least ONE of the checks, then you are eligible for legacy anyway. However, foremost should be your Square Enix management homepage followed my your in-game character screen.

    May the Twelve be with you!
    (12)
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    I ask that you please do not make posts that can be seen as personal attacks. I understand the frustration that players may feel, but please understand that we developers are humans too. There is a limit to how much we can do and how much criticism we can take.
    We will continue to work on updates as best as we can, so I please ask that you understand where we are coming from and use the forums appropriately.

  2. #2
    Player
    Raldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,744
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    MARAUDER Lv 50
    Why would anyone need to check in any other way if it's in the char selection screen?
    (4)

  3. #3
    Player
    whoopeeragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Navigator's Glory
    Posts
    974
    Character
    Azarim Erro
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    LANCER Lv 50
    Unfortunately, not everyone is lucky enough to be on the game at all times to check using that method. Some people may be at work and want to check. Others may have trouble logging in and also want to check. Of course, this is very situational, but the most proper way to check is via the Square Enix management account at any rate.
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    I ask that you please do not make posts that can be seen as personal attacks. I understand the frustration that players may feel, but please understand that we developers are humans too. There is a limit to how much we can do and how much criticism we can take.
    We will continue to work on updates as best as we can, so I please ask that you understand where we are coming from and use the forums appropriately.

  4. #4
    Player
    Zyph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hecking my bed
    Posts
    752
    Character
    Zyph Zedyrwaen
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    ARCANIST Lv 50
    I'm glad this was a guide and not someone asking a question.

    Good work!
    (1)
    Sea of Stars - Sargatanas

  5. #5
    Player

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Besaid
    Posts
    5,019
    Quote Originally Posted by whoopeeragon View Post
    Unfortunately, not everyone is lucky enough to be on the game at all times to check using that method. Some people may be at work and want to check. Others may have trouble logging in and also want to check. Of course, this is very situational, but the most proper way to check is via the Square Enix management account at any rate.
    you mean they are so impatient they have to check from work and its too much of a hassle to wait til they get home?

  6. #6
    Player
    whoopeeragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Navigator's Glory
    Posts
    974
    Character
    Azarim Erro
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    LANCER Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVedis View Post
    you mean they are so impatient they have to check from work and its too much of a hassle to wait til they get home?
    If they are impatient, yes, maybe so. However, those who have kept a (maybe) careful check of when they get legacy may have not received an email, and want to check in other ways aside from logging into the game. I wouldn't want that hanging over my head when I (think I) know that I have fulfilled the requirement, yet didn't receive an email. Besides, if you can check your email, odds are that you also have access to net, and thus access to the Square Enix management account.

    Also another advantage of Square Enix Management is that you can keep a record and check it to see if you ARE entitled to legacy. The game doesn't really show it....it doesn't show how long more you need to pay for before you reach legacy status. It's a small thing, but convenient for you to calculate for those who do want legacy.

    I don't know why you and Raklo are kind of being a bit against having an additional way of figuring out whether you have legacy, nor why you have to express such an exasperated tone with me trying to help others who are 'impatient' about their legacy status. But to each his own - I respect your approaches.

    @Zyph. Thanks. I believe I should have put "[GUIDE]" into the title so that people know where to look for instead of dismissing it as another question topic. Will go into my signature regardless.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    I ask that you please do not make posts that can be seen as personal attacks. I understand the frustration that players may feel, but please understand that we developers are humans too. There is a limit to how much we can do and how much criticism we can take.
    We will continue to work on updates as best as we can, so I please ask that you understand where we are coming from and use the forums appropriately.

  7. #7
    Player
    herozeromes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6
    Character
    Ellis Haelfshyld
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    LANCER Lv 31

    Confusion

    I have to say that this whole Legacy thing was very confusing for a new player. I emailed them for clarification because the way the requirements were worded made them very vague. I just started playing May 15th and then assumed I would be eligible if I payed for 90 days of service. However, I had only signed up for the 30 day billing cycle. Now today, the message comes out that you have to have signed up for the 90 day billing cycle, which is going to be discontinued at the end of the month. I changed it to that right away, but I just got charged $9.99 for the first 30 day cycle. Now I'm wondering if I will be charged the 90 day cycle in July or if it will now default me to the 30 day cycle when they discontinue it.

    That seems a bit ramble-y. So, will I be eligible now, or not? Also, do I find out 3 months from now or when the 90 day amount is charged? Will the 90 day be charged next month if they are deleting that as an option at the end of this month?
    (0)

  8. #8
    Player
    Manticore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    43
    Character
    Tiberius Manticore
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    GOLDSMITH Lv 50
    Why do you have that many character slots open OP?? I thought we didn't get free slots until 2.0?
    (0)

  9. #9
    Player
    whoopeeragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Navigator's Glory
    Posts
    974
    Character
    Azarim Erro
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    LANCER Lv 50
    Sorry for the late replies, guys, but...

    Quote Originally Posted by herozeromes View Post
    I have to say that this whole Legacy thing was very confusing for a new player. I emailed them for clarification because the way the requirements were worded made them very vague. I just started playing May 15th and then assumed I would be eligible if I payed for 90 days of service. However, I had only signed up for the 30 day billing cycle. Now today, the message comes out that you have to have signed up for the 90 day billing cycle, which is going to be discontinued at the end of the month. I changed it to that right away, but I just got charged $9.99 for the first 30 day cycle. Now I'm wondering if I will be charged the 90 day cycle in July or if it will now default me to the 30 day cycle when they discontinue it.

    That seems a bit ramble-y. So, will I be eligible now, or not? Also, do I find out 3 months from now or when the 90 day amount is charged? Will the 90 day be charged next month if they are deleting that as an option at the end of this month?
    First of all, the clarification on the 90 day service option is entirely different from the 90 days required to be eligible for Legacy. The 90 day service option operates entirely independent from the Legacy; I believe the Legacy flag only pops on your 90th day of subscription. So even if you pay for the 90 days now, you won't get legacy straight away; you still must wait for 90 days before you can get the notification.

    That's the misconception here; you don't just pay for 90 days. You have to wait for the 90 days to pass before you are eligible. I hope that clears things up. I recommend switching back to the 30 day period, since they're abolishing the 90 day option.

    Quote Originally Posted by Manticore View Post
    Why do you have that many character slots open OP?? I thought we didn't get free slots until 2.0?
    (Magic)

    Actually, they're not open at all. I only have two characters open, one created after those screenshots. I forgot how I managed to get the "to activate this character blah blah" to disappear.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    I ask that you please do not make posts that can be seen as personal attacks. I understand the frustration that players may feel, but please understand that we developers are humans too. There is a limit to how much we can do and how much criticism we can take.
    We will continue to work on updates as best as we can, so I please ask that you understand where we are coming from and use the forums appropriately.