Character
    Sabaku Usagi
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50

Animation Glitch: Using Arms Open Wide (AOW) animations

Quote Originally Posted by Sabaku_Usagi View Post
    I finally got irritated enough to post an image of it. It took me a few tries but I was finally able to get a screenshot of the glitch happening.

Is this something other people have noticed before? The ball of light jitters during the animation and at no other time does it do this.

I have tried this out with other "Arms Open Wide (AOW) " animation skills, and it does the same thing... I'm pretty sure it's the entire AOW animation. Basically when using your main hand, the alembic (which has the glowing light attached to it) shakes jaggedly during the animation. (doesn't make sense because it's placed into the furnace)

You can use Standard, Rapid, Careful, and the "Arm Above Head (AAH)" animation skills and see the light not move. It's something specific with the rigging of the alembic & the AOW animation's IMO...

EDIT: Oy! I also noticed after leveling alchemist up further... that Perfection actually lifts the alembic up a little.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sabaku_Usagi; 06-05-2012 at 03:02 AM.

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Not going to be online for a while, or else I'd check myself, but is this when using the Alembic or Mortar? Also, does this occur for all similarly-animated crafting abilities (I think it's the one where your hands go out to the sides)?

I think I know what you're talking about, but just making sure. Also, I'm asking because if a mod sends this up to the dev team to actually correct, that's the info they'd want to know.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sabaku Usagi
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Has anyone actually noticed this also and can add further input/information? Video of the animation would be great, unfortunately I don't have recording software installed on my pc.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    I have, if what you're talking about is what I think you're talking about, but I never cared enough to bring it up.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'ahte Tia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    It happens, yes, with all of the 3-turn abilities (those have the AOW animation as you called it).
    I think it's particular to the alembic, I think, because the positioning of the sphere is right where the 'distortion' used in the shine on you is, causing it to move about.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sabaku Usagi
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Little things like that drive me crazy so I really noticed it >_<"

I'm glad it's something people have recognized as wrong, even if it isn't a major bug, it would be nice to get it fixed.

It just doesn't make sense because the alembic should be rock solid in the furnace, not able to even wiggle. So it's definitely the animation that's causing it to glitch.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sabaku_Usagi; 05-20-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sabaku Usagi
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    I finally got irritated enough to post an image of it. It took me a few tries but I was finally able to get a screenshot of the glitch happening.

(0)