Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Iori Ginza
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 1
    How about Hamlet Defense nations ranking based on wins and defeats?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ren Da'beast
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 3
    guide for hamlet Guides FFXIV_Hamlet_Defense
    Also, at the top of http://xivpads.com/?-Portal Pads, there is a timer and icon for what step the hamlet is in. Check it out.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kiote Corissimo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    We will be adjusting the rating settings based on the fact that we will have one for each city-state. However, once these are released we would like to look into easing the ratings after we hear everyone’s feedback and take a look at the situation.
    Yeah, that's not really the problem.. Yeah, the supply part is a pain in the ass, but no one does Hamlet Defense because it requires a Full Party of 8 players Preformed just to get in. I can't even begin to imagine who thought that was a good idea. 4 Players, I could see. 8 is friggin ridiculous. Especially when you have to buil6 the party before you enter.

Edit: I changed my mind, 4 players if Stupid as hell too. This is just the worst possible design imaginable for Hamlet Defense and it doesn't just show, it glares. There is no reason for this event to not be set up the exact same way as Behest with the possibility of the party leader joining for a whole party.
    (2)
    Last edited by Kiote; 05-08-2012 at 11:54 PM.

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Not sure what the big deal about traveling to the Hamlet is..it takes like 3 minutes to ride from Emerald Moss to Hyrstmill.

What they need to re-evaluate is the conditions for the militia items to drop. All participating members should have a chance at one of the items, albeit a low chance, while the top 20 suppliers should have an increased drop rate. This is the only way more people are going to get involved I think.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kiara Silvermoon
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Hey everyone!

We will be adjusting the rating settings based on the fact that we will have one for each city-state. However, once these are released we would like to look into easing the ratings after we hear everyone’s feedback and take a look at the situation.
    Hi Rukkirii,

Thank you for bringing more information from the Development Team, as well as continuing to pass along our feedback.

Here's one thread that's filled with good feedback and many great ideas on how to improve Hamlet Defense:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/44280-Hamlet-defense-feedback-from-a-top-20-provisioner-Critical-problems-and-solutions?p=669971&viewfull=1#post669971

And this was a post of some feedback I had about Hamlet Defense as well (mirroring feelings that Duuude and others have pointed out):

Hi Platinum,

I participated in the 1st round (and saw you shouting for groups) and am participating in this 2nd round now (after the buzz has died down) and even trying to put in a solid ~6+ hours a day, for 2 days in a row, isn't enough to break the Top 20 on our server. You mentioned you had to drop 12 - 18 hours to get there. Yikes.

So without that (but still contributing a solid amount), we got in some solid wins (in the ~25,000 - 30,000 range), but everyone in our party received... Dark Matter for the entire day.

Of course drops should be rare, but hearing reports from Doctor Mog (breaking 40,000) and one of my friends (a Top 5 Contributor and breaking 40,000) getting NOTHING but Dark Matter is really discouraging.

Part of it is that there just aren't that many Militia Items right now and maybe they want to extend the "rarity" & Time Sink aspect of it, but it's quite sad to see how things are progressing.

I think most of your suggestions would resolve many of the issues with Hamlet Defense.

I definitely agree that having a Turn-In Threshold (where once you turn in enough Items, you "cross" that Threshold and are guaranteed a 2nd Chance at an Item), is MUCH healthier and more satisfactory than *having* to break the Top 20, *and* then participating in a winning Hamlet Defense just for a *chance* at a drop. With a Maximum Threshold, players can then reach that limit and then take a break and do other things. It also allows more players to get a chance at a 2nd / Better Loot Pool.

The amount of time investment to break the Top 20 (via Gathering & Crafting), and then spending a 3rd Day in a row spamming Hamlet Defense with wins just for a small chance at a Militia Item is too punitive and discouraging for many.

And as you say, the Drop Rates are too low. If ONLY the Top 20 Contributor gets a realistic chance at a drop, what incentivizes *anyone else* (especially those that are only Disciples of War / Magic) to participate and help out?

For Fun? Maybe a few times... then they'll get bored and stop.

I don't think anyone's asking for Dzemael Darkhold-like drop rates (basically 100% from Batraal), but the Drop Rates are practically nil right now and even being in the Top 20 doesn't guarantee you much of anything.

One last solution is an ongoing Cumulative Running Point System (so you Earn Points that you can trade in for Items). At least with a Point System EVERYONE has a chance to work their way towards a goal (some rare / nice Militia Item) and they know they're making progress & not wasting time.

Especially with a 50 Hour "Lockout" Period (Supply), before the actual Defense starts. There's more than enough of a "Time Sink" with this limitation already, without the need for infinitesimally small Drop Rates.

Here's to hoping we get some attention on this.

Thanks!
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Ayn Rand
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    When you implement the other Hamlet defenses, will their battle phases all be on the same day?

Is it possible you can make the common drops something else besides dark matter? It doesn't have to be gear (make gear the uncommon drop), it can be just consumable items, or something collectible. Or hey, how about materia? There is a lot of variety in materia! you can make level 1 materia common and high level materia uncommon...

Honestly, I do not see why anyone has a problem finding a party. I just went to hyrstmill, asked 1 time if a spot was available, and got invited by an ls group that was short a member. if parties are full, ask anyway because their is probably somebody wanting to leave. if you dont get a response right away, wait, because obviously there will be groups already in the instance.
    (0)

Character
    N'aivir Alexaire
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Make use of the timers tab for Hamlet? lol. I know, too simple for SE.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Airget View Post
    Why not just have it where the teleport is only active during the battle phase. if people do have sucha problem traveling to the Hamlet you could always make it cost 10 anima to use and you can only teleport to said Hamlet if you're in the proper city.
    Hmm, pay 10 anima or ride the chocobo for 1 minute.
    I don't think the hamlets are too far away from the nearest aetherites.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Hey everyone!

I’m bringing you a few questions that were answered by the dev. team about the Hamlet Defense battles.

We are currently looking into whether we can integrate some sort of display to show which phase Hamlet is in.

If we placed an aetherial gate nearby it would be too easy for the supply phase, so we have no plans to place them nearby.

I just had an idea: Hamlet Defense NPC linkpearl that tells you which phase it is in.

or this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Riv View Post
    Make use of the timers tab for Hamlet? lol. I know, too simple for SE.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Emily Kamba
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Rukkirii, I think the biggest issue most people have, or one of them. Is the general feel that Hamlet Defense is just not worth playing. We already have so many time sinks in the game, its discouraging and depressing to try and try for 1 anima and a few fireworks. No GC seals, no gear, nothing. If you've done it 10 times in a row and NOBODY has had a single drop?

Its only been a few days since the second two Hamlet Defense runs have been added and already nobody has any interest at all. We had to search for an hour and a half to get 8 people who wanted to try. And we could only stomach 2 runs before it just got frustrating. High effort for no reward...bah. Something should be done about this.

Maybe make the drop rates higher but limit how many times you can participate per cycle? Better yet, allow us to earn Militia currency so we can PURCHASE the Militia gear...and performance could dictate how much militia currency you earn per run. Anything, but another super rare chest drop rate instanced battle...nobody asked for this.

Please contact the Dev's on behalf of the community Rukkirii and express to them our complete frustration with Hamlet Defense. It's just not fun, and nobody is enjoying it. This is something the dev's need to take seriously because Hamlet Defense is somethign everyone was excited about and now nobody can be bothered to do.
    (4)
    Last edited by Hayden; 05-13-2012 at 01:36 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast