Player
    Character
    Miru Miru
    World
    Gungnir
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 54

Levellin beyond 40

Can anyone advise what is the best way,besides guildleves, to level miner beyond level 41? Grinding at level 5 nodes in Iron Lake gives me about 200 xp per dig which is painfully slow...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leoheart Azurium
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Edit: Didn't see the miner part
    (0)
    Last edited by Leoheart; 05-07-2012 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Derp

Player
    Character
    Strawberry Dragon
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 61
    try using manuels as well es rested exp bonus
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pandora Vainglory
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    At level 40 I would worry less about actually leveling since you have access to all current nodes available anyway. What I did was simply gather for mats and/or items to sell and eventually hit 50 without much effort. But if for whatever reason it's necessary for you to hit 50, as mentioned above manuals & rested exp can really help, leves still net a good amount of exp and if you do any of the primal fights be sure to switch to miner when turning in the quest to receive the exp.

Also, it's a lot less painful to port back-and-forth to hand in and grab leves since you can now farm Kidney Ore at Nanawa Mines, a stack of 90 will gain you 36 anima at the Hamlet Supply turn-in and they're fairly easy to gather.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterityJones View Post
    as a monk you can find the hole and fill it with a fist.

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Yeah, apart from leves and company manuals there's really no fast way of going about it. I'd just grind away at it if you don't want to use your leves. There's good money to be made mining. You can also stock up on the kidney ore for anima replenishment (or just sell it) as Belial pointed out.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Emily Kamba
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Leves are the best way to gather for EXP, with the GC manual exp bonus, rested exp bonus for logging out in your hotel room, and leve bonus at the end your raking in MAD exp. Honestly there is no question about it. DO leves for gathering and you can a) level fast and b) sell what you want gather.

The only other real option is to mine and sell Lite Kidney Ore. You can sell it, nodes in Nanawa are close together, and you get anima for trading it in.

Leves still net better exp when stacked with all the bonuses at your disposal.

you can also drag the "gather 3 of X item" leve by avoiding the sweetspot for the rare item. You can really rack in the rare ore that way.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Noctis Umbra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Starting from 35 I spammed level 40 leves all the way to 50. Fastest way to level miner at those ranks.
    (0)

Player

wow! when did we get the ability to replenish anima, and what level mining is required? I had started mining late last night currently at 12.

thats kind of an odd way to replenish it too, though im sure itll be explained when I do it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrox View Post
    wow! when did we get the ability to replenish anima, and what level mining is required? I had started mining late last night currently at 12.

thats kind of an odd way to replenish it too, though im sure itll be explained when I do it.
    Anima replenishment started in 1.22 with Hamlet item turn-ins. There are gatherables and craftables that can be turned in during the supply phase for each Hamlet. The gatherables are at Grade 5 nodes, so you have to be at least level 38 to have the ability to detect the nodes, but you can be lower level and still have enough skill to gather from them if you can find the nodes.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...tch-1.22-Notes
    (2)