Player
    Character
    Rane Farstrider
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Chardrizard View Post
    Very old video 4 man ogre, but this is what i meant by moving up and down, less risk and very melee friendly because everyone and their mom only knows how to do this with ranged classes.
    http://youtu.be/wKr7LR_BNfk
    Thanks for the video, Chard. These strategies make a lot of sense when you see them in action. I especially like how your party keeps the Ogre from dealing almost any damage at all by forcing him to do elbow drop over and over.

EDIT: And thanks to everyone posting strategies/information here. I'm not the OP, but I've found all of this really useful.
    (1)
    Last edited by Rane; 05-07-2012 at 05:12 AM.

Player
    Character
    Akujin Aetheoryn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Or if you just have a few suicidal, yet powerful monks, they can burn the Ogre down on the bottom level before the first ghost switch. Its funny how ridiciously fast he can die.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    wait till the content finder then you can be what ever you want.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Guys, you don't need to move the ogre, just tank him up top in the nook. Only the mages, brds, and dd move up or down.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Vonleo Slanzar
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    I usually let Seirra do everything...while i eat my popcorn and twirl my lance around lol yeah basically you go up and down when the ghost appear its the safest strat for new players.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Vonleo View Post
    I usually let Seirra do everything...while i eat my popcorn and twirl my lance around lol yeah basically you go up and down when the ghost appear its the safest strat for new players.
    New players aside, it's also one of the easiest strategies in general.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by neorei View Post
    you don't need to move at all, all the tanks has to do is be in the top area,

I liked this drawing sooooooooooooooooo much!!!!! (no sarcasm)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maki Amiyuki
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 60
    You don't have to attack the ogre from behind to force Elbow Drop; you just need to be behind him with enmity. One time I was WHM doing that when everyone but the tank and I fell and I couldn't cast Raise. It was going well until Golden Week's server stress caused a connection drop.

However, I'm questioning if you even need to have enmity. With the way my log is set up I won't see skills used unless I have some level of enmity. One time I was just walking around and dodging by animation, no log messages. It's possible there was a mage too close, but I'm not sure. I think it's worth checking out, just to see.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reiko Kaito
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Seirra_Lanzce View Post
    wow people still use that one spot thinggie strat? seriously guys? moving up and down is much more better and more safer for the whole party.
    its the best strategy... only one ghost should be hitting the tank, and with a warrior, they dont hit that hard. as long as your party isnt dumb and attacking from the back, with decent DDs, this thing goes down fast.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Squiggles View Post
    its the best strategy... only one ghost should be hitting the tank, and with a warrior, they dont hit that hard. as long as your party isnt dumb and attacking from the back, with decent DDs, this thing goes down fast.
    Ghosts will hits melee DPSs because they keep moving to combo.
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast