Player
    Character
    Arc Jurado
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggles View Post
    its the best strategy... only one ghost should be hitting the tank, and with a warrior, they dont hit that hard. as long as your party isnt dumb and attacking from the back, with decent DDs, this thing goes down fast.
    Even with a Paladin they don't get hit that hard. The one spot strategy is so easy it's ridiculous.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shayla Asiaine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcell View Post
    Even with a Paladin they don't get hit that hard. The one spot strategy is so easy it's ridiculous.
    Hello,

I've noticed with a decently equipped party it's possible to:
    Start tanking up top.
    All ranged start attacking from bottom.
    When ghosts appear, everyone goes up.
    Finish off the ogre.

(Do not even have to go back down again as he dies pretty quickly. Well, you have to go back down to get the chest, but that's it ^.^ )
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Panzer Strike
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    I don't see the big deal this is the ogre, once a tough & long fight turned into a 30 sec fight. I'm sure someone on the server can run you through this.

I did this dungeon with a party of 4 without a problem, but we are fully leveled and geared. I may have missed it but what is your party a setup like?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Krausus Dracul
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Skies View Post
    Uhn... I'll add this here given my experiences: Deepvoid Slave, like any other boss battle in this game, requires having a good synch with your party regardless.
    My LS took like 8~ or so tries (with 3 out of our 8 having done that fight and won it previously, also a handful of us were derping there) until we realized that actually attacking that sucker from the back IS a good idea, if used properly. The thing is, if you attack it from the back it'll do the elbow drop, which is a conal AoE, and that takes priority over all of it's other moves, so you can essentially keep it busy elbow-dropping all the time and prevent it's AoE skill and prevent it from causing too much damage to the tank.
    its not a bad strat as long as your melee know what they are doing as well as the tank. If you happen to need to move it then the tank cant get to far away or he will spit on everyone and that can easily take out a few members.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by neorei View Post
    you don't need to move at all, all the tanks has to do is be in the top area,

You should totally make game guides! I love this drawing!! (not being sarcastic, really, its very clear!)

Player
    Character
    Katella Avenlea
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by neorei View Post
    you don't need to move at all, all the tanks has to do is be in the top area,

This was exactly the way the group I went with not too long ago used. We had 2 whitemages and a War Tank I believe. It went off without much of a hitch. Someone specific watched the ghosts and had a macro to let everyone else know when to move up or down. Tank stayed put. It was only a month ago so I don't believe it is an "outdated tactic"
    hope that helps.
    (0)

Katella Avenlea ~ Masamune Server ~ Distant World Linkshell ~ http://distantworld.enjin.com

Player
    Character
    Kuro L'anzce
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70

This is my strat for the most EASIEST tanking and killing the orge down.
    (1)
    Last edited by Seirra_Lanzce; 05-08-2012 at 03:28 AM.

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Seirra_Lanzce View Post
    wow people still use that one spot thinggie strat? seriously guys? moving up and down is much more better and more safer for the whole party.
    The ogre dies in about 20 seconds, think some of you people are over complicating it a bit.
    (0)
    Last edited by syntaxlies; 05-09-2012 at 12:06 AM.

Player
    Character
    Khona'ra Nhaja
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Thankyou for all the strategies and tips. As a representative of Distant World Masamune I give you our humblest thanks. With your help we were able to create a strategy of our own using alittle bit of everything. We will test it and get back to you with the results of the battle.
    (1)
    Hello, if you're reading this, then you should know this isn't part of the post.

Player
    Character
    Kiote Corissimo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I've always found the real trick to this fight is to have a single melee focus on attacking its back to force elbow drop and then dodge it. Prevents the ogre from doing other more devastating things.

The only other thing i constantly have to tell people is, When the Ogre Rages, Dont Run Away From Him!!!!! If the person with hate gets too far away from the Ogre he does a Cone AOE Fire Spit that can one shot people and will put everyone one to two hits away from death. You HAVE to walk.
    (1)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast