Thread: Deepvoid Slave.

Player
    Character
    Midi Ajihri
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    The tank in one spot seems to work best for my linkshell. Just have to make sure everyone's competent. It's mostly a ranged job's fight. Try to bring a lot of BLMs, they can bring it down in no time. Make sure you are going with 8 people though. I know it says you can enter with 4, and I've seen the whole thing beaten with 4, but if you're just starting out you should probably go with 8. Getting to 50 should also help your DPS/survivability. I'd do that first.
    (2)

Player

Very old video 4 man ogre, but this is what i meant by moving up and down, less risk and very melee friendly because everyone and their mom only knows how to do this with ranged classes.
    http://youtu.be/wKr7LR_BNfk
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Kuro L'anzce
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    wow people still use that one spot thinggie strat? seriously guys? moving up and down is much more better and more safer for the whole party.
    (4)

Player

Moving isn´t really that important with a decent party with Monk´s you can kill him before the ghosts even move, i assume you make this in a 8 man Pty which makes it a lot easier for beginners than with less people.

Player
    Character
    Kuro L'anzce
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanturo View Post
    Moving isn´t really that important with a decent party with Monk´s you can kill him before the ghosts even move, i assume you make this in a 8 man Pty which makes it a lot easier for beginners than with less people.
    This is true, but since i'm doing with usually 5-6 ppl only, i did that strategy. but in a situation with 8 ppl, i just stay down 1 time and it is done when the ghost disappeared.
    (0)

Player
    Whenever I go as DRG and the tank stays in one spot I just get as close as I can to the little nook and hit the ogre from the side, thanks to the range of the lance. You really shouldn't be having any problems.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    As long as your healers are healing and your tank is tanking, the ogre will go down easy as pie. Really, you only need 4 or 5 people to beat the whole thing, since batraal is a push over now. It's tank and spank while avoiding the ghosts, they go up, mages go down and vice versa. Small heals in the first phase, bigger heals when the ogre goes red. Keep stoneskin up, rotate SS if you have more than one whm as in any other fight.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Y'ahte Tia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Uhn... I'll add this here given my experiences: Deepvoid Slave, like any other boss battle in this game, requires having a good synch with your party regardless.
    My LS took like 8~ or so tries (with 3 out of our 8 having done that fight and won it previously, also a handful of us were derping there) until we realized that actually attacking that sucker from the back IS a good idea, if used properly. The thing is, if you attack it from the back it'll do the elbow drop, which is a conal AoE, and that takes priority over all of it's other moves, so you can essentially keep it busy elbow-dropping all the time and prevent it's AoE skill and prevent it from causing too much damage to the tank.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lynn Nuvestrahl
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I just usually tank&spank it while staying in one spot with 2 WHMs healing. Safe and easy. I've seen ogre wipe a party more than once when trying to move him too fast up or down, and he does that ranged fire breath of doom. Just so much easier to tank in one spot. Mages and ranged DD just move up and down with ghosts, melee can hit ogre when ghosts are down.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    Moving him up and down is really easy, just make sure your tank moves in baby steps at a time. You have a ton of time between the Ghosts teleporting and actually starting their attacks, and if they move slowly the ogre won't do the fire breath crap that will murder your party.

As a DRG, you can keep the ogre "locked" but you have to be on the ball. Attacks from behind will cause him to counter with Hip Drop, which is a heavy dmg rear conal AOE. It has a decently long windup and leaves him "stunned" for a few seconds after it. You can hit him and run to the front to avoid it, mages/archers will be out of range of it. It will help out a lot with keeping pressure off the tank, but make sure not to do it when the ghosts disappear as you need the ogre to be able to move to follow the tank.
    (3)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast