Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

Legacy discount for players currently unable to play

I've been playing FFXIV since the V1 beta and my girlfriend, who I live with, wants to join me.

We only have one PC at home, it was quite costly building a new PC that would play FFXIV and didn’t want to pay for a second PC or have anywhere to keep one.

The intention always was that she would join me once the PS3 version was available, and we’d be playing simultaneously on PC and PS3.

This has left a bit of a dilemma. I will already qualify for the legacy discounted subscription costs, but she does not.

Unless SE will extend the offer to include her, which is unlikely, she’ll either need to pay the higher subscription, or I will need to pay for a new subscription now and presumably after 4 months (30 days free plus 90 days paid) she will hopefully qualify in time for the legacy discount.

It feels a little unfair on her at the moment. We’ve both wanted to play, I have been able to and will continue to do so at the discounted rate. She currently cannot and when she eventually is able to will have to pay a large subscription charge than me.

What do I do? Do I pay for a subscription now that will not be played to qualify for a discount in the longer term?
    (0)

Player

Its not SEs fault you only have 1 computer, they dont need to make exceptions

you cn either pay for 3 months on another account(same computer) or not get legacy
    (30)

Player
    Character
    Eliseus Kayne
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Reefs View Post
    I've been playing FFXIV since the V1 beta and my girlfriend, who I live with, wants to join me.

We only have one PC at home, it was quite costly building a new PC that would play FFXIV and didn’t want to pay for a second PC or have anywhere to keep one.

The intention always was that she would join me once the PS3 version was available, and we’d be playing simultaneously on PC and PS3.

This has left a bit of a dilemma. I will already qualify for the legacy discounted subscription costs, but she does not.

Unless SE will extend the offer to include her, which is unlikely, she’ll either need to pay the higher subscription, or I will need to pay for a new subscription now and presumably after 4 months (30 days free plus 90 days paid) she will hopefully qualify in time for the legacy discount.

It feels a little unfair on her at the moment. We’ve both wanted to play, I have been able to and will continue to do so at the discounted rate. She currently cannot and when she eventually is able to will have to pay a large subscription charge than me.

What do I do? Do I pay for a subscription now that will not be played to qualify for a discount in the longer term?
    Yes, pay for it now even though it wont be played if you want legacy. Sadly there is nothing SE will be able to do for you right now if you plan on playing on PS3. However, if you pay for 3months now, just tell her to hop on on your downtime since she will be able to continue her character still on the PS3.

You will also be doing yourself a favor anyways doing this since she will be legacy her monthly payments will be less and that will make up for the 3months you pay for now over time.
    (2)

Player

I think it's a no brainer to pay for 3 months to qualify if you plan to play and stay for long period of time.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Sa'hana Zhralyia
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    I gotta agree here, just because you have one PC doesn't mean they should make an exception in this case. The discount for Legacy players are for those who are currently paying for the duration of the game's rebirth phase. It's their way of saying thank you for sticking around during the game's continued development. If you really want the discount, pay for an account now and don't wait until later on. By the way, something that I'm curious about...

I took this photo a long time ago but recently came across it again. I know it's hard to read but it pretty much states:

"If you would like to play FINAL FANTASY XIV on different platforms using the same account, you will need to add a registration code for the platform on which you would like to play the game."

It's from the collector's edition manual. That meant if you wanted to play your current PC account on the PS3 when version 2.0 hits you'll have to buy a new copy of the game and link that registration code to your account in order to access it. Since SE has been changing things does this rule still apply? Will we have to buy the PS3 version as well in order to play our existing accounts on a new platform?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Evy Rain
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihana View Post
    Will we have to buy the PS3 version as well in order to play our existing accounts on a new platform?
    I would assume you have to.

To the OP: Why can't your GF play the game on your computer now and then one of you moves on to using PS3 when that version is released? You can't both play at the same time but you can take turns in playing?

I don't think wanting to play the game should qualify for the Legacy membership in the same way than playing it and paying for it does.
    (2)
    Evy Rain from Phoenix

Player

I’ve already pre-ordered the PS3 version. I’m not blaming SE, I think it’s very honourable of them to be loyal to existing customers.

Had my girlfriend had the opportunity, she’d have been as loyal to them and we’d both have already qualified for the legacy discount already.

I just want to make the right decision going forward.
    (0)

Player

Pay for 3 months now, she dont need to play, just need to have the account active for 3 month to qualify for the legacy price iirc.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leo Hart
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Hello Reef, how is new server? Stop paying your account first, start paying ur GF account for 3 months, problem solve
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fear Vivi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Reefs View Post

I built my wife a cheap one for now and it handles FFXIV fine, it uses an i5 2500k's intergrated graphics (OC'd to 1350 Mhz) dont expect amazing graphics but it works fine.

If you used one of the new Ivy brdiges it would handle FFXIV reasonably well + you can always add in a graphics card whenever you like.

All you need is CPU: £160 - £180 (for an ivy), MB: £70, RAM: £25, HDD:£45 DVD/RW: £10, Case and PSU: £100 not that expensive really.

But if you have no room to have a second theres a very simple option....SHARE
    (0)
    Last edited by Fear; 05-06-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast